Yoshi Gameplay Videos

Please note the phrase video STICKY. =)
I appreciate there should also be a non stickied discussion thread, but I believe no such thread exists here yet? Ergo, sticky this thread.
Revised Soul Arena Moderation Guideline Suggestions

When there are more tournaments I will sticky a tournament video thread and put all the tournament videos in a locked sticky. Right now with the amount of tournaments it seems pointless.

OniNeko, I think you put this vid in the wrong forum. There is a "spamming cheap moves against uneducated players" forum somewhere else I'm sure.

OniNeko, were you the Yoshi? Because if you are, you just stood there. But, we'll try to help you conquers Siegs like these.

But if you're not Yoshi, then there isn't anything us Yoshi experts can help you with. Not to sound like a jerk, but this wouldn't even belong in Siegfried soul arena. Since it looks like a ranked Siegfried raging on a very noobish Yoshi for whatever trivial reason.

Taiwanese Yoshi mirror match.

Has anyone had that 8A+Bg UB hit a tip range like that before?

I've had it happen once, but I can't for the life of me, recreate it.

Stolen from MKL's profile.. lol.

Japanese Yoshi mirror match.

Has anyone had that 8A+Bg UB hit a tip range like that before?

I've had it happen once, but I can't for the life of me, recreate it.

Stolen from MKL's profile.. lol.

Wow, so that's what he was talking about on my profile. I've never seen that before, and the fact that he KNEW to 3B after it means that there's something meaty there.

^^... Happens when Yoshi does it from FLEA 6A+B~B+K~b, 8_ 9A+B~g, and it feels like he is at the least at +3-ish maybe +4 adv it seems(could be more)...sorry, sorta checking frame data blindly atm and not sure how to test this properly right now...but he is def at +adv, so nothing is guaranteed after 8_9A+B~g except adv.

^^... Happens when Yoshi does it from FLEA 6A+B~B+K~b, 8_ 9A+B~g,

I've literally just finished try this for about an hour straight. This is not true, I've even tried the exact way seen in the video, and I get regular UB KND.

Attepmting both variants, neither FLE 6A+B~B+K b, a: B+K, 8_9A+Bg (ie. video example) or your variant (without Parting Thrust) gave me that same property shown in the match.

It happened to me once, I believe against Lizardman.. but then again there's so many quirks within that matchup, who knows? I also wonder how long ago this match was, pre/post patch 1.03?

I'm kind of busy right now so I can't help with testing, but what do you guys think:
btw, that guy is taiwanese, not japanese.

Attepmting both variants, neither FLE 6A+B~B+K b, a: B+K, 8_9A+Bg (ie. video example) or your variant (without Parting Thrust) gave me that same property shown in the match.

My bad Crimson, i actually forgot to add in the ear slicer as part of my post for the combo/tech trap... was in a bit of a rush and forgot to add it, but it certainly should work as FLEA 6A+B~B+K b, ear slicer, 9A+B~g...not sure why its not working for you. It worked before and works post patch as well, dunno what to say, although you have to make sure the "B+K"(flea flash) part is done fairly quick and the "b" follow up cannot be delayed at all from what i know.

Frostheart: hmm, well from seeing the vid he is doing all of the examples starting from 2(A+B)FLEA starter, not a B+K FLEA starter, maybe this has something to do with it and or perhaps an engine bug that makes the hit change randomly starting from 2(A+B)FLEA?...every time i do it starting from B+K FLEA starter i always get the the non knockdown version from 9A+B~g...not sure why its not working for Crimson...odd.

It's been a while, anyone has actual recent yoshi gameplay (that isn't futurestarmk2 because I've watched him too much already) for me to see? Just wanna observe what other tricks you guys have up your sleeves :)

I'm not quite sure what happened there. I'm guessing that Nightmare whiffed allowing me to CE as normal, but I thought the hitbox on that attack would have gotten me regardless. In either case, definitely one for the Homo Genius books.

I'm not sure if I should put this in the Natsu forums instead, because the Natsu player was really interesting with bG FC A+B setups and bomb usage, but... pretty standard Yoshi here? I'm trying to think what he should have done, and what he should not have done, but tbh there wasn't anything majorly wrong, just perhaps the Natsu had better matchup knowledge vs him than he did against Natsu e.g. Yoshi shark combo was punished by A:6 but 66A BE was blocked instead of 214A-ed? How would you guys approach this matchup? I think the Yoshi player is how I would play yoshi myself, anyway.

I'll want video critique of myself too haha, but I'll post them when I actually have the time to play the damn game. I mean there's quite a bit more activity on other characters' gameplay vid threads than here so there isn't much visual avenue for new ideas.

Oh he made plenty of mistakes, and there is plenty of room for refinement in his move choices.

-use of 66K - 66K can be punished by Natsu (-10) and it's just a bad habit to be throwing it out like that
-use of 2B on standing - 3K is better here, since it'll track step pretty well too. BB will get CH'd by 22A in this matchup, so 2B is a decent replacement, but only outside 3K range. The +2 on hit makes it pretty bad.
-should be using 6B to stop Natsu 66K on-hit followups, at -4 the i13 mid will beat her AA as well as beat the TC and TJ properties. Punish with 6K or CE, not 3B
-random CEs that didn't work
-too linear, needs to stop Natsu's 22A
-treats DGF B like adv on block

-not using iMCF setups or stopping pressure with it
-not using any BEs
-not attempting any ringouts using iMCF, 3A CH-confirms, or even 66A BE hail-marys on a ringout stage
-not hop-kicking any UB bombs
-not JGing or GIing the predictable attacks at advantage despite having plenty of meter to blow on GIs
-not GI-CEing

A lot of those problems can be fixed by using more 3A and CH confirming it into the BE. His meter use was all wrong, but I don't blame him. Yoshi's meter management is like the hardest out of any character.

That Natsu's pretty good though. It's kAb, if I'm not mistaken? I went 25-24 against that guy last we played.

Yup, he didn't know the matchup as well as Natsu lol. I noticed his lack of meter usage and frame traps etc too. UB bombs can be 8A-ed too. He also always AAs on BT PO and Natsu just delays the BT PO K. Linearity is a problem I share with him though, and 3A BE CH confirming - I gotta incorporate that too, my meter now is mainly GI, CE and 66A BE. Thanks for ideas.

Oh I play against kAb too actually, that's not him. This is a jap called Yamazaki, up and coming top 5 in Japan if I'm not wrong. For some reason I can never get a good connection against kAb lol

Back