Yoshi Okizeme & Tech Trap Guide

Found a new Tech Trap (I dont think its been mentioned).
66A+B, 3(A+B)6[6]:
Normal, Forward and Backward,
Havent tested much though.

3[A+B] could be viable after some unblockables really haven't tested though.

I'll test it too. =)

Edit: Sorry, it's not a tech trap. I had the Yoshi dummy do it to me a couple times. I can usually roll left, right, or stay on the ground before 3A+B hits. However, I thank you for giving me something to do with Yoshi. Excuse me. =)

I'll test it too. =)

Edit: Sorry, it's not a tech trap. I had the Yoshi dummy do it to me a couple times. I can usually roll left, right, or stay on the ground before 3A+B hits. However, I thank you for giving me something to do with Yoshi. Excuse me. =)
I think its still is a tech trap though. It just doesn't hit otg or left and right tech..

I like these for 66A+B and mostly stick to the first 2:
iFC 3K - F/B/L/R
2{A+B}~FLE - F/B/L/G
4K~etc. - F/B (L*R is character+range dependant)
Deathcopter-G - ALL(far)(can be stepped on tech)

I like these for 66A+B and mostly stick to the first 2:
iFC 3K - F/B/L/R
2{A+B}~FLE - F/B/L/G
4K~etc. - F/B (L*R is character+range dependant)
Deathcopter-G - ALL(far)(can be stepped on tech)

Zombie, you posted somewhere on 3B, dash, a:B+K after which 9A+BG tech traps all but back. I'm having a lot of trouble with the timing, it doesn't seem consistent to pull off and sometimes even when Iget it, it whiffs on left tech. Any help?

Also, what is 3B, 9A+BG not guaranteed to? Just laying dead? It seems to catch all the tech directions. If that's the case then you can forego the guaranteed a:B+K, 1B after 3B and resultant fairly crappy wakes for a 9A+BG/66A+B mixup for big damage and good wakes.

Zombie, you posted somewhere on 3B, dash, a:B+K after which 9A+BG tech traps all but back. I'm having a lot of trouble with the timing, it doesn't seem consistent to pull off and sometimes even when Iget it, it whiffs on left tech. Any help?

Also, what is 3B, 9A+BG not guaranteed to? Just laying dead? It seems to catch all the tech directions. If that's the case then you can forego the guaranteed a:B+K, 1B after 3B and resultant fairly crappy wakes for a 9A+BG/66A+B mixup for big damage and good wakes.

3B, D!~a:B+K can get you DeathcopterG (DCG) as a tech tap, but it unreliable considering you have do dash as far in as possible first and second the DCG trap would be character dependant, with smaller characters being able to weasle thier way out... Most DCG tech traps can't hit neutral ground but they usually catch all ground rolls, plus its pretty unsafe on whiff although it does have good recovery (better online)... If you get 3B, a:B+K near a wall you don't have to dash and it catches back as well, but you don't want to be right near the wall, Yoshi needs some breathing room for this situation... If you want a better way to get DCG tech trap use CH iMCF, 214A combo which has DCG as a tech trap, or the 66B, a:B+K combo which on a side hit or awkward hit has the opponent land face-down (like Voldo's ass pull), you could even try Lolo's CH iMCF, RCC~3B+K:B combo into the DCG trap which works well too... If you step into 66B for the a:B+K combo you will most likely have them land face-down for the DCG tech trap after catching thier whiff... After 3B/ 3AB/ CH 33B, a:B+K combo, I find 66a+bG wakes to be the best option for pressure out in the open, I just use them all the time anyway (bad habbit)...

Back