Yoshimitsu Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

So here are some of the first things I noticed that changed from SC4 to SC5 that change the way Yoshi does combos.

1. You can't 3B after iMCF
2. You cant "just frame" 44bB. The cancel to do it is too slow.
3. aB+K is harder to do.
3a. the "sliding" effect of aB+K is GREATLY reduced, meaning it wont give a guaranteed ring out from certain distances like it used too.
3b. However -It appears the slide animation lands closer and stays active longer allowing us to finish aB+K combos with a guaranteed 66A+B rather than 1B(haven't extensively tested this to see if they can't tech out yet.)

Some few things also to notice are that a lot of his launcher properties have changed.
3AB no launch on CH, requires BE to launch
DRG A no longer gives full launch on counter hit

New launchers!
CH 3b+k - i really like this move safe(not extensively tested) mid. Puts people in crouching, launch on CH, knockdown on normal hit.
22_88K - Gives crumple on normal hit, can combo into critical edge
22_88B - yoshi's old 66B, you can still aB+K after hit for full combo.

Yoshi's CE - hits low but DOESN'T hit grounded opponents(not sure if it hits when they roll)
I was able to combo into this after pretty much every CH launcher(iMCF,22k etc.)

Thats pretty much all i found after the first 3 hours. Post up any discoveries.

hm I didnt try it long enough, Im usually good at RCC'ing so I figured people were right, good to know but still with the timing just doesnt seem reliable...

thx for the vid will have to brush up on my RCC i guess

You can 3B after iMCF it's just pretty tight. I'm having a hard time linking iMCF off of aB+K. He seems to whiff to the side which sucks cause when you do catch it you can do aB+K, iMCF, 3B, aB+K, doorknockers, 2K.

If you can iMCF consistently then 6B BE is useless, no more damage and still must be CH to stun just a cool glow effect for extra zazz but I like the JF shininess more anyway!

I'm pretty new to soul calibur, so i was wondering... how do the wall combos work ? You can't use 2 times the same stun right ? Then maybe we can use iMCF and later in the combo 6B BE

Nvm, when doing iMCF 6B BE, the 6B doesn't stun so for the game those 2 attacks are the same one

I'm pretty new to soul calibur, so i was wondering... how do the wall combos work ? You can't use 2 times the same stun right ? Then maybe we can use iMCF and later in the combo 6B BE

Nvm, when doing iMCF 6B BE, the 6B doesn't stun so for the game those 2 attacks are the same one

Yea like i said pretty useless BE... its exactly the same as iMCF probably just one frame faster or something...

Double post for bump

New shizzle

a:B+K, iMCF, 66B, DNK, 3B

hopefully ill have the time to make a sweet vid tonight... been home about 30 mins and you can RCC 3b pretty easily once u get it down, i was just too tired lastnight i guess...

time to get to work ;)

edit": also u really need to edit the first post almost all your info is wrong LOL u can do 44bB in juggles still as well

The thing that makes me sad is that from SC2-5, the best move after a launch is still 6k.
Yoshimitsu needs new combos not useless moves that can't even come out unless you completely fix your button config.
I'm not feeling this Yoshimitsu at all.

NeoRussell

Yea like i said pretty useless BE... its exactly the same as iMCF probably just one frame faster or something...
Seems like to only difference to me is that it's may have slightly more range. But for all I know, I could just be captivated by the glowy excitement...

Double post for bump

New shizzle

a:B+K, iMCF, 66B, DNK, 3B

hopefully ill have the time to make a sweet vid tonight... been home about 30 mins and you can RCC 3b pretty easily once u get it down, i was just too tired lastnight i guess...

time to get to work ;)

edit": also u really need to edit the first post almost all your info is wrong LOL u can do 44bB in juggles still as well
Wow, you're right, i can still do 44bB Its just EASIER now than it was before. I still dont know if you can link earslicer off of that.

But isn't 44bB air controlable now ?

After the first one yes it is...

is 66A+B guaranteed after a:B+K? I only had someone tech out of it like once... if so then this combo is much better than 6k... I was RCC 3B'ing after iMCF lastnight online so the timing isnt as bad as I thought... I was just rusty... Stupid MK9 LOL

I still think for saftey and overall reliability I like a:B+K, iMCF, 66B, DNK, 3B its decent damage and you dont basicly have to guess an RCC to unsafe 3B...

It was a little weird playing with my buttons mapped on my stick because Ive never had to do this in SC before but once I got it down it really made parting thrust simple to do , the only problem was going back to my original buttons to complete my combo/follow up... All the old deathcopter traps seem to be gone, 4K,B holds arent guaranteed anymore... ughhh Its only been a day but he just doesnt feel as strong...

Also tekken moves? Are they completely random or what? I couldnt figure them out lastnight... time clock would be stuck on same number and I could input 4A+K and get two or three different moves? LOL I may have to switch to nightmare or Asta :( I will stick with him for now though

The BE iMCF is actually slower than the normal iMCF. I don't see any point to it unless you simply can't do the normal iMCF.

3A and 3AB are not safe on block.

1K is safe now though.

Dr.Dogg, just fyi... BE MCF covers a bit more range than normal !MCF and if it hits normal(non CH) your at more adv than you are after doing normal !MCF(blocked), not sure how much but def leaves Yoshi with faster recovery it seems, since !MCF was 0/+0 in SC4 on block, and the BE one seeming faster on recovery in comparison to the normal !MCF on block, maybe BE version is at +1/+2-ish on block for Yoshi ?

Back