Yoshimitsu JF General

That Parting Thrust video really did help a lot. I'm disappointed with iMCF though since as the guy in the video said, people who play with 2 fingers like me can't do it without at least momentaneously switching to thumbs. This sucks so hard.

That Parting Thrust video really did help a lot. I'm disappointed with iMCF though since as the guy in the video said, people who play with 2 fingers like me can't do it without at least momentaneously switching to thumbs. This sucks so hard.

At first, I was discouraged to it. However, I was dead set to tell myself if everyone can do it why can't I?

Your thumb will be sore, but once you get it down you could care less if it's sore. Now the 2 finger method isn't as effective because imho it won't be as smooth. If you're capable and comfortable of doing 3 iMCFs in a row like that then more power to you.

However, I used to go by that method and let's just say it didn't get me very far. Because I'd jumble up and mess up my follow up such as 3B>aB+K>9A+B a simple Yoshi tech trap if they decide to ukemi.

Yes, I can also do aB+K utilizing my thumb. Trained myself to do that because I like my shoulder button layout. The feeling of being able to do these two moves is satisfying because face it, you did the moves certain Yoshis will never attain.

Anyways, hang in there fellow Yoshi mainer. Just practice and you'll be alright.

You can also only used iMCF when its buffered lol. When you buffer it, you can easily do it with 2 fingers and no obnoxious slide. Just 1 after another. Try AA, 2A B.

I still have more trouble with Manji Carve Fist than Parting Thrust. I can't even do one Manji Carve Fist. Any tips?

I still have more trouble with Manji Carve Fist than Parting Thrust. I can't even do one Manji Carve Fist. Any tips?

You can try buffering something before attempting an iMCF. It helps me a lot!
For example, try buffering a 6 (forward) before doing 2a:B. (iMCF)

You can also try buffering iMCF from a number of moves like 2B or 2A since you are already in crouch.
Other than that, I suggest practice, practice, practice. Good luck!

EDIT: AAAHH you can also look in the posts above if its not clear- Oreo also explains it

I can't practice, I've never got it right and I can't tell if I'm even doing it right. **** this game. Mitsurugi gets as much damage as a Yoshi combo just by tapping his opponent. WTF? I really like Yoshimitsu's style, but his rewards are so hard to reap. I may just have to use :6::bA::+::B::+::K: . At least I'm getting better with Cervy's iGDR...

I can't practice, I've never got it right and I can't tell if I'm even doing it right. **** this game. Mitsurugi gets as much damage as a Yoshi combo just by tapping his opponent. WTF? I really like Yoshimitsu's style, but his rewards are so hard to reap. I may just have to use :6::bA::+::B::+::K: . At least I'm getting better with Cervy's iGDR...
Use the palm of your thumb and slide A to B as you press it at the same time as down while standing. Keep doing it until it's sore and you get a rhythm. If you give up on this, you're not a true Yoshi mainer. You can't expect difficult inputs to come easy. In short, the one who works hard deserves the rewards.

Use the palm of your thumb and slide A to B as you press it at the same time as down while standing. Keep doing it until it's sore and you get a rhythm. If you give up on this, you're not a true Yoshi mainer. You can't expect difficult inputs to come easy. In short, the one who works hard deserves the rewards.

^
pretty much this

There is always 6B BE :3

DO NOT FALTER ZADEN FOR I BELIEVE IN U keep at it!

There is only one tried and tested method to train one's execution and that's practice. Just keep at it.
With regards to difficulty of executioj, SCV is the easiest fighting game hy a country mile. And iMCF in practice is much easier in this game than SCIV imo so forgive ke if I dont sympathise, lol

Back to training mode again today. Every day. Doing iGDR's and Yoshi JF's.

Good news is my iGDR's and Parting Thrusts are at about 60-70%. Still no iMCF's in sight...

It took me a while before I realized that :A: has to be pressed AND released before you :B+K:. With that knowledge, it was only a matter of time before my Parting Thrusts came out. Is it the same way for iMFC where you have to release :A:?

This is me after getting my first Manj Carve Fist in 14 years today.

fist-pump-baby.jpg

Now that I understand how it works, it's just a matter of time before I improve. Yoshimitsu might be back on my roster for good! NAMUUUUUUUUUU!!!

EDIT: I just did the math again. It took me 10 years to learn how to do this move.

Does anyone know how to do a launch 4AAAAA JF?

For example: 3B -> 4AAAAA JF

I am very consistent with the 4A series, but for the love of god- I just cannot do it when an enemy is in the air.

Is there a trick im not getting? There is a certain delay though.

I am very consistent with the 4A series, but for the love of god- I just cannot do it when an enemy is in the air.

If you buffer the first 4A during 3B's recovery it'll come out later than your brain is used to and it'll mess with your muscle memory.

I don't know how I can help, but I usually figure out how fast or slow I should press JF 4AAAAA. The only reason why I tend to get it most times, is because I had to go by a rhythm. I press the A with the palm of my thumb at a not so fast yet not so slow pace.

Back