Yoshimitsu Matchup Discussion

Pardon the rude noob post, but I'm currently trying to do Vs Omega. I want make sure I'm doing this right, after you block for instance Omega's 6A, do you attack after that? Is that punishing? Or do I set the dummy to do 6A first and have it block after the second? I have her spamming 6A constantly.
Set action 1 to the move you are anti-testing, action 2 to block all. Block the first move and attempt your candidate punisher. If she blocks, it’s no good. If she takes damage, you know that it’s a legit punisher for that move.

VS Patroklos

3A- MCF
1A- CE/6B/WS B. Can be evaded and punished with FLEA {B}_K
6B,B- A,A First 2 hits can be interrupted with A+K or evaded with B+K!!
6B,B,B- CE/ 6K
3B- CE/6K
3K-6K
3K,K- Can duck 2nd hit and punish with 6K/3B. A+K interrupts deflects 2nd hit. If hit while crouching 2nd hit will whiff and allow punish.
BT 2K/FC K/2K- FC B
1K- 6K/CE. Though hard to react to, if evaded by FLEA can be punished with FLEA B_K.
A+B/{A+B}- Duck when shield glows and punish with 6K or if your timing is good 3B. Or step and punish with 22K combo or even CE if you're fast. MCF will cause crumple during reflect period also.
2A+B- CE/4K,B/6K close. Can evade and punish with FLEA {B}_K
8A+B- if left close A,A/ K
B+K- B,B close
WS B- MCF
WS K- CE/ 3B
WS K,A- 6K
WS A+B- 6K
9A- MCF
9K- MCF
22A,A- Can duck 2nd hit and punish. A+K reflects 2nd hit.
22A,{A} Can duck 2nd hit. MCF will interrupt 2nd hit. A+K will reflect 2nd hit.
33B- A,A
11B- B,B
66K- 6K
11K- WS B. FLEA {B}_ K will evade and punish
44K- 6K
44K,K- 214A will evade 2nd hit and punish. Can duck 2nd hit and punish. A+K reflects 2nd hit.
66A+B- MCF
44B+K- cannot be cancelled after started. if ever used against you, step and punish with anything reasonable.
236A/236A,B- CE/ 6K 2nd hit can be stepped for bigger punish
236B- 3B/ CE **regular and just have same frame data
236 K- 3B/ CE
1b BE- 4B+K if done quickly after 1st hit will allow string to be evaded and punished
66A BE- 2 hit can be stepped and punished to Pat's right
236B BE- 2nd hit can be stepped to Pat's left or interrupted with A+K
CE- 4K, B/ 3B is close enough/ CE is close enough

214A is amazing for high strings. Whenever I see a Nightmare pull out his punches, I just block the first and 214A the second for damage. []

Vs Pyrrha Omega.

Key. Blue means moves of Yoshi's opponent. Int means interrupt or interrupts etc. Critique and corrections is welcomed for this is my first time doing this. I'll do the rest of her move set later. I can't JG yet, so I need help on that too for antis.

Horizontals:

AA: 214A. 214A TCs. Can be "A+K" if gutsy.
6A: 214A. 214A TCs.
3A: Int with BB if close. At mid to far range, 22B, 4KB Int it.
2A: 7_8_9K. TJs.
11_77AA: Can 9G the 1A at point blank range. 9K TJs the 1A. DGF and Flea TJ it as well. DGF A+B to TJ and grab her. You can use Flea to hop over her 2nd A. If 11A is too hard, just block and Int 2nd A with FC2B.
11_77A,[A]: 9G, 9K, DGF, Flea all TJ the 1A part. DGF A+B to TJ and grab her. You can use Flea TJ to hop over her 2nd A. But if 11A too hard, just block and Int the 2nd A with BB, 3K, 6K, 9K, FC2B.
4AA: Int with 214A. If you didn't Int, block 1st and Int the 2nd hit with 214A. Can be "A+K" if gutsy.
4[A]A: Int with 214A. It TCs. Or you can try bA, 33_66_99B, 3K, BB. If 4[A] too hard, block then Int with 214A. Can be "A+K" if gutsy.
4AB: Int with 214A for 4A. Or block the the 4A, step the B and punish with either 22_88B, 22_88K, 3B, or 4B. CE works after you step the B do it exactly after that. Can be "A+K" if gutsy. But not the B.
4[A]B: Int with 214A. Or you can try bA,33_66_99B, 3K, BB. If 4[A]B too hard, block both and punish with B or 3K. Can be "A+K" if gutsy. But not the B.
FC2A: 7_8_9K.
WRA: Int with 7_8_9K.
7_8_9A: At mid range, Int with 2B or 22_88B. CE can Int, but you have to do it before she lands.
1AA: Block both to either punish with BB, 3B, 3K, 4B, 6K, 4KB, 9K. You can also jump over the 1A at point blank range.

Edit: Just guard findings for the horizontals of Pyrrha Omega. Credit goes to JustinAkatsuki.
AA: AA
6A:AA
3A:3B
2A:imcf
1AA:3b
11_77AA:3b and the unblockable version u get the same punish with the non charge one
4AA:3b
4[A]:3b
4AB:3b
4[A]B:3b
FC2a: cannot be punished by anything even on JG
WRA: 6k (3b frames are too slow to punish this just letting u know)
7_8_9A:AA
* And note if u can JG the first A on 4AA u can punish with imcf before her second A comes out, but erm this is all I have for now and sorry forgot to do 236 A JG punish :/ well hope this helps namuuuuuuu*

Verticals:

B,B: Mid distance 9B+KK to Int. Or step to her right then Int with 99A+B or 99B. Far distance: Int with 66A+B
6B,B: 214A.
3B: Step then 33_99A+B or 4KB at mid range. 3B or 6K at close range after blocking.
2B,B: 3B, 4BK, or 6K.
1B: 3B, 4KB, 9K, or 4B.
4B: Mid range. Int with 33_99B
FC2B: Mid range. FC3K, 4KB Int it.
FC1B, B: 3B, 4BK, 6K, 9K.
WR B: Mid range. 4KB, 33_99A+B Int it.
9B: 3B, 6K, 9K, or 4KB.
8B: Int with CE at mid range before she lands.
7B: Int with CE at mid range before she lands.

Kicks:

K: Int with FC3K or 214A.
6K: Int at mid range. 33_99A+B or 33_99B.
3K: 33_99B at mid range.
2K: 9K
1K: 9K
4K: FC3K or 214A
FC2K: 9K
WRK: Int with 4B at mid range.
7K: Int with 4B at close range after her animation of 7K.
8K: Int with 9K at close range after her animation of 8K.
9K: Int with CE as she lands.

Press press attacks:

3A+B: 3B, 6K, 4B, 3K, 9K
WRA+B:
WR[A+B]:
B+K, B:
B+K, B, B, B:
4B+K:
8B+K:
8[B+K]:
WRB+K:

8wayrun attacks:

66_33_77A:
22A:
88A:
44A:
66B:
33_99B:
22_88B:
44_11_77B:
66_33_99K:
22_88K:
44_11_77K:
66_33_99A+B:
66_33_99B+K, A, B:
44_11_77_22_88B+K:
Sliding K:

Special stance attacks:

NS A:
NS B:
NS K:

NSS A:
NSS B, A, B:
NSS K:

DNS A:
DNS B:
DNS K:

Edge attacks:

CE:
6bA+B+K:
2B, A+B+K:
1B, A+B+K:

dunno if this is helpful or is it already in here but u guys don't need to JG or impact pyrrha's 66 B BE....as soon as u see the second B 214 A beats that option then follow up with the usual DNK into 3b.

you'll get the CH unless the opponent stops at 6B but yeah, it's more of a flashy way to counter than anything else lol

VS Natsu In progress

-4A+B forces a true mixup. On block it pushes back too far to punish. And it's various cancel options make your evasive punish a guessing game. JG is the only solid way to score damage. This move is gay.

A, A, B- 3K/ B but 2nd B will whiff...
A,A6- 6K
A6- B,B
A:6- B,B
6A-MCF
6A,B- B,B can step 2nd hit for larger punish. 214 A evades both B and K follow ups of 6A
6A,K- 214 A avoids K follow up. Can pop duck K for 3B punish.
3A- A,A/ a:B+K
1A- 4B,K/ CE/ can evade and punish with FLEA K_{B}
4A- WS B beats all options on block. B,B beats options on hit due to A whiffing. From range B may whiff and B+K will land on you.
B/B,B- MCF. Must be done on 1st available frame
B,B,K- 214A evades and punishes K. A+K deflects K and knows Natsu down if close enough.
B,B, 4A+B/ FLEA K evades and punishes 4A+B. Can step 4A+B to Natsu's left and punish with 3B. Can interrupt 4A+B with MCF.
B,B, 4A+B,A- Can duck A and punish with WS B or 6K. 6K is very tight timing.
B,B 4A+B,A (slow 4hit) version- You can still step the ground pound to Natsu's left and the A follow up will not track.
B,K,A/ B,{K}, A- 214 A will avoid K and punish. A+K will interrupt K. FC MCF will cut off A. WS B will punish ducked A.
B,K4- MCF/2A/6B cuts off all options on CH. 214A evades K and cuts off POS options.
3B- 3B/CE
2B- B,B
4B- B,B
K,K,K- B,B. 214A evades and punishes 3rd K. On hit can still block 3rd K and punish with B,B
K,K,2K- FC B. FLEA K evades and punishes 3rd K
6K- 6K
3K,K,K- B,B. Can 4B+K evade 2nd hit but 3rd tracks and forces you to block it anyway.
3K,K, B+K-2_8B+K- 3B/CE cut off wind roll options
2K,K- MCF cuts off 2nd K for CH very strict timing however. Can 4B+K evade 2nd hit for A,A but you are essentially trading life loss at par...
FC 2K/FC K/1K- WS B
4K,K- FC B Can jump and punish 2nd hit with 9B or 8A for SDGF options
A+B- A,A. Natsu can block at max distance
A+B4-3B but whiffs at max range
6A+B- 6K /B,B punishes for less damage but covers POS options
2A+B- FLEA K evades and punishes of course
4A+B- can't be punished on block unless left close. Using jumping or FLEA to punish though 4A+B A would cut them off and POS transition may avoid them.
FC 3K,K- MCF can cut off 2nd K. JG 2nd hit for 3B.
WS A,A- MCF. If you hold 2 the 2nd hit will whiff but still leave you standing and you can land 3B to punish. The threat of the 3rd attack follow up must this less viable that it may seem however. A+K will interrupt 3rd hit after 1st 2 are blocked.
WS A,A,A-3B/CE
WS A,A,A6- 3B will interrupt all options if you react quick enough. You should already be thinking 3B to punish 3rd hit anyway.
WS B- A,A
WS B A+B options- A,A will clash and then punish WS B, A+B,A. MCF will punish WS B and hit follow ups for CH stun.
9K, A- 3B. A+K will reflect the K for knock down.
66A,B- 6K will punish is back is to wall to avoid push back
66A,B6- recommend 2A to cut off POS options due to speed and TC.
11A- If you block the dirty deceptive low, the 2nd hit will whiff and you can punish with 6K.
44A- K but it will whiff at max range
66B- 6K will punish if left close enough.
66B6- back step out of POS range
66K- 6K
DB K, A/22K,A- CE/3B
DB K, A6/ 22K, A6- 3B will cut off POS option if read in time.
DB K, A, B+K/22K,B+K- Wind Roll option can be cut off with 3B
44K,K- 6K/CE
POS A:6/A6- B,B
POS B- step to either side for 22K combo or JG 3B combo
POS K- 4K,B easier stepped to Natsu's right.
BT POS K- is safe but A+K can interrupt it easily. All other BT POS
POS A+B- stepped for 22K. If stepping to Natsu's right delay K or UB will still hit you.
POS B+K- FC B
Hover- all options stepped to Natsu's left and punished with 3B /CE
Wind Roll A- B,B
Wind Roll B-3B
Wind Roll B,B- 4B,K
Wind Roll B,B,B- Step and punish with 22K/CE
Reverse Mill Lightning POS K- can be cut off with A+K
66B BE- 2nd hit and punish with 6K or even CE if you're quick enough.
CE- If you're feeling particularly zazzy you can JG the first 2 hits and punish with 3B/CE if Natsu tries it up close. From about 1.5 character lengths away distance you can step and punish to Natu's right.

VS Natsu In progress

-4A+B forces a true mixup. On block it pushes back too far to punish. And it's various cancel options make your evasive punish a guessing game. JG is the only solid way to score damage. This move is gay.

Somehow, I get the feeling you can 9K, Flea, DGF, or 9G over Natsu's 4A+B. But if you're talking about guarding, you're right. But, it's i30 as stated on the wiki. And I believe us Yoshis can jump it on reaction if guarding is a problem. xD

If you 9K or 9G over Natsu's 4A+B on block, PO A or PO K will interrupt. It's jumpable on reaction on it's own, but the mixup is usually forced after 3KKK / A:6 on wakeup, when Natsu does a guaranteed 4A+B more than any other time. On reaction FLE K against 2A+B is great though, the K will still hit midair even if she 2A+B6 cancels it into something else.

Somehow, I get the feeling you can 9K, Flea, DGF, or 9G over Natsu's 4A+B. But if you're talking about guarding, you're right. But, it's i30 as stated on the wiki. And I believe us Yoshis can jump it on reaction if guarding is a problem. xD
But she can cancel with an i8 A at any time. Hitting you out of any options. Not many people use it cause they want the cheesy damage if it lands but it's an option for them to lock you down if they choose to use it.

But she can cancel with an i8 A at any time. Hitting you out of any options. Not many people use it cause they want the cheesy damage if it lands but it's an option for them to lock you down if they choose to use it.
Hmmm. All I got was 6K 3K, 3B after blocking it. Or just simply duck it with FC3k or 214A . I haven't fought many great Natsu's on Live so I can't form the best opinion. But usually, it all boils down to the 50-50. Either low or that low high cancel.

So even if I get hit out of 9K or so, I'm not gonna be discouraged from not using them. Unless us Yoshis have a sliver of health, a little i8 is not bad. It doesn't knockdown and it's probably our only best case scenario, however interrupting with 3K should be just fine. For both.

But you block low so by the time you RCC 3K and 3B can't punish plus 6K whiffs. I will still opt for FLEA K as my go to choice if I react in time because you're risker the unlikely event of taking the A cancel for an 85 damage combo. Which should at least discourage them.

Back