Yoshimitsu Matchup Discussion

VS Viola
- 33B or step BB is your friend. It will dodge the ball and beat out a lot of her pressure of spamming pokes endlessly.
-stepping from a distance can help if you dodge her 2A+B options you can punish with 22B or 22K from quite a range.
-If you hit her while she calls the orb it's not a CH... lame...
-3B can be blocked as a combo ender in many cases and has to be replace by 2K...
-orb summons are steppable
-JG can really do a number on her. Lots of 3B and CE opportunities.
-when close poke with 2A will TC orb recall and hit.

6A,A- 6K/CE. Even on hit is neutral so MCF will beat her options.
6A,B- Can pop duck it and land 6K but timing is tight. Duck it in anticipation of 6A,A and punish with WS B if they use 6A,B
1A- WS B/ WS K/ CE WS K isn't as damaging as WS B but put you right ontop of opp forcing a throw mixup on them.
4A with orb- A,A
3B without orb- B,B with orb has too much push back.
BT 2K/ FC K/2K- FC B
1K- CE/6K
A+B,A- 3B/CE
A+B,A,B without orb- 2A punishes and cuts off orb call
2A+B with and without orb- step and punish with 22B even from a good distance
8A+B- 3B/ CE just make sure to wait for the second hit.
4A+B without orb- A,A
66A,A,B- can duck 2nd A and punish with 6K. If you are fast enough to hit them as they attempt the 3rd hit, 6K scores 73 damage. You can step 3rd hit and punish with 22K to either side.
33A without orb- 6K. At max range use WS B as 6K whiffs.
22A- MCF
22A,B with orb- many attack can punish orb release up to 6K speed
22A,B without orb- step orb and pressure with mix ups. Nothing guaranteed....
44A,B without orb- 3B/ CE
44B- B,B
33K- A,A
22K,B with orb- if she releases the orb 3B can punish. 44K, B will also punish and be safe on block if she doesn't release the orb.
44K- WS B
66A+B,B with orb- 6K will whiff at max range...of fucking course...
66A+B,B without orb- 3B will also whiff at max range...OFC
Without orb A+B BE- FLEA K avoids 3rd hit and punishes
Without orb 44A BE- Can GI 3rd hit or use 4B+K to avoid and eliminate mixup.
Without orb 66K BE- Can step 2nd hit and punish with 22B/CE
CE- from a bit of distance 8A+B sails you far away to safety. Also a quick transition to FLEA makes you airborn not sure if that helps minimize damage potential or not. 4B+K can also evade with a bit of distance.

VS Maxi

-Maxi is left at a serious disadvantage if he tries to block after many techniques so the key is finding attacks that will both punish block and cut off his options from transitions.

A,A- 3B both punishes and cuts off all RC options.
6A- a:B+K/ A,A punish and cut off RO options.
3A- 3B combo punishes and cuts off all LI options.
1A- FC B
4A- 6K punishes and cuts off all options aside from BL A which it whiffs on but it's only 22 damage so it could often be worth going for. 2B will beat all options and catch BL A as well. If you are a bit late and 2B misses 4B,K will reach and beat Maxi's A,A
B,B- 2A punishes and beats all options. 3B punishes B,B but only a completely insane Maxi would use B,B with no follow up.
6B,4- 3B punishes and beat all LI options.
3B- B/K
1B-is safe but 2A cuts options aside from RO K which will jump it.
4B- is a trap nothing can interrupt LO B
2K,B- 6K /CE
BT 2K/ FC K/ 1K- FC B
236K 1 hit- 3B/ CE
236K multi hit- 6K
A+B- 3B/CE
A+B,G- 3B/CE punishes and cuts off all options
2A+B-4K,B/ CE/ 4B, 2{A+B}, 66 combo
4A+B- 2B/CE but will whiff range max range. 6K should hit on frames but you are left too far.
B+K:B:B:B:A- 3B/CE Given this is a series of 4 JFs, I can't believe punishable by almost anything. Even 4B
8B+K/ 2B+K- 3B will punish stance shift and cut off any stance options if recognized early enough.
FC 3A- 6K/CE punishes and cut of RO options.
FC 3A,A,A- 6K/ CE
WS B- 3B/ CE
WS B+K- move is safe but MCF/ B,B will cut off follow up options while remaining safe on block and safe from evasive BL A
RC B/8B- WS K punishes and catches all options from LO for CH. 66B punishes and will catch all options from LO for CH combo but clashes with LO B.
22A- gives Maxi plus on block if he transistions but ALL traps are EASY TO DEAL WITH. Step to Maxi's left and guard. If he does nothing after 22A 3B, if he does LI A it will miss respond with 3B, if he does LI K it will miss respond with 3B, if he does LI B guard it and 3B will punish and cut off LI follow ups. If he does LI {B}, continue stepping and punish with 22K combo. CE can be used in every instance here too with moderate speed. This is one of Maxi's main traps and is solved easily upon recognition.
22A,A- 3B/ CE
11A on block- 6K/CE punishes and cuts of BL options.
11A on hit- 4K,B will beat any options from BL and is safe on block if Maxi goes on the defensive.
44A- 3B/ CE
66B- FC 3K/CE
33B- A,A will punish but lose to BL A on distance. WS B won't punish but will cut off all BL options. 66B won't punish but will catch all BL options on CH. Trades with BL A but still allow 66A+B combo follow up.
22B- 4B/ 4K,B / CE punishes and cuts off all follow ups
11B- 2B
44B- nothing guaranteed. Can step RO B and K options for 22K punish to Maxi's right but RO A will catch you. RO A,K is unfortunately safe. 214 A will beat RO A and RO K options but lose to RO B occasionally depending on spacing. Stepping to Maxi's right beat 2 out 3 options, 214 A beats 2 out of 3 options. Figure out which trend your opponent is using most.
RO K,A/ 22K,A- 6B. A and K finishers can be GId with same timing.
66B+K- step to Maxi's left.
RO B- 3B/ CE punishes and cuts off all RC options.
LO B- 3B / CE punishes and cuts off RC options.
LI A- 3B / 4K,B/ CE
LI B- 3B/ CE punishes and cuts off all LI options.
BL A- if you are ever close enough 3B/ CE will punish
BL B- 66 B+K will punish and cut off options.
BL BB- 3B/CE will punish and cut off LO options
BL K,K- A,A
A+B BE- refer to LI punishment for follow ups. If they for some reason don't follow up 3B/ CE
LI A BE- 3B/ 4K,B/ CE
RC A, B BE- refer to LI punishment for follow ups. If they for some reason don't follow up 3B/ CE
BL K BE- Duck 2nd hit and punish with 4B combo/ CE
CE- 4K,B/ 3B/ CE if within range

VS Viola

-JG can really do a number on her. Lots of 3B and CE opportunities.
-when close poke with 2A will TC orb recall and hit.
What moves are you JGing that are getting you punishes? It seems to me JG is actually really bad against her. JGing something like 6B+K or other orbs doesn't even leave you at advantage. What everyone should be doing is GIing.

Some of her stuff like 3B has push back that and heavy block stun that JG actually makes enough difference to produce results. I'll go through it more thoroughly after I finish regular punishment for the rest of the cast.

VS Cervantes

aB- 3B/ CE
3A- 6K
1A- 6K
1A,B- 3B / CE
4aB,B- 6K / CE
B,B- K
B,B,B- 6K/ CE
bA- K range dependant
6B,B- A+K interrupts, can step 22K either side, can 4B+K 2nd hit for backthrow
3B- A,A / K from range
4B,K- B,B
6K- 6K
BT 2K/ FC K/ 2K- FC B
1K- 4K,B /CE
4K,K- can 4B+K 2nd hit for B,B
3A+B- 6K/CE
2A+B- MCF
8 A+B- 3B
4A+B- 3B/ CE
2B+K- 6K
2 {B+K}- 6K . Can avoid and punish quake stun with FLEA {B}
9B+K- FC B / Can step 22K/ JG allows 3B
4B+K- B,B
WS A- B,B
WS A,B- 6K
WS A+B- 6K / CE
WS B+K- can actually punish with 22K not that it will ever be used against you. If they happen to do it by accident....
66A- Can A,A if close enough, best to try to duck it.
33A- A,A
22A- 6K
22A,A- FC B, can evade and punish string with FLEA K
11B- 6K /CE
214:B- 3B/ CE
214A- duck and punish with 4B/6K/3B...
214B/ 214 8_2B-6K
214K- 6K/ CE
214 {B+K}/ 214B+K- step 22K / CE
2146- if he dashes MCF will beat anything he can do speedwise TJ attacks not counting necessarily
6B BE- 6K / CE If you JG or step 2nd hit Cervy rings himself out from a long distance.
4B BE- JG gives CE / 3B
WS A+B BE- step 2nd hit 22K / CE
22A BE hit or block- step 2nd hit 22K. MCF/ a:B+K/ 3B interrupts 2nd hit. Useless BE.
CE- from point blank range FC B will land when ducked. Pretty damn safe CE.

vs Alpha Patroclos

ag:B- 3B / CE
agB- 3B/ CE
6A,A- CE / 6K
1A,A- 4K,B
1A- 6K/4B combo /CE
bA- 3B/ CE
1B- 3B / CE
6K- A,A
BT 2K/ FC K-FC B
2K- 6B
2A+B- can only punish on block with 6B. You can evade and punish with FLEA K however if you learn to read it fast enough.
B+K, B,B
FC 3a:B/ FC 3aB- 3B / CE
FC 3B- 3B / CE
FC 3A+B- 6K but will miss it blocked tip distance
22A- B,B
22A,A- Can A+K 2nd hit. Can evade and punish 2nd hit with 214 A
11A- WS B. Can evade and punish with FLEA {B}_K
22B,A- Can A+K 2nd hit. 214A evades and punishes 2nd hit.
22B- 6K, CE
11K- WS B. Can evade and punish with FLEA K if spotted early enough.
44K- MCF
44B+K- B,B
BT B+K- 6K/ CE
BT B+K:B- A+K nullifies 2nd hit. 214A evades and punishes. Can step and punish with 22K
2A BE- CE/ 3B
FC 3B,B BE- Can JG 2nd and 3rd hit for 3B/ CE
CE- 3B / CE

Vs Aeon

3A- B,B
1A- 6K
B,B,B series- can step between any hit and punish with 22K combo yikes.... Also just for info, you can A+K between 1st and second hit but it's pointless when you can step to either side and take a nice chunk of health.
6B,B- 214A evades 2nd hit and punishes. Can duck 2nd hit and punish with 6K.
6{K}- zero tracking. step punish with 22K.
BT 2K/ FC K/ 2K- FC B
1K- CE/ 6K
8B+K- CE/ 4B combo
1B+K- interrupt this really slow unblockable. Even 66A+B interrupts it.
4B+K,G- 66A+B / 2{A+B}, 66
4B+K- MCF
WS A- A,A
WS A,B- 6K/ CE
WS B- K close
WS K- K
22A- 3B / CE
22A,B- CE/ 6K
44A- 3B / CE
44{A}- B,B whiffs max range.
66B- 3B / CE
66B, K- step 22B or if you're extra greedy, you can time 22K so that it lands just as he's standing for way more damage. press K just as Aeon's feet touch the ground.
33B- B,B
11B- FC B
44B- CE/ 3B
44B,A,A- can 214A 2nd or 3rd hits.
66B- 6K/ CE
33K- MCF
11K- CE, 6K. Can evade and punish with FLEA K
44K- 6K /CE
A+B, K- can step 22B or time 22K just like 66B,K string.
6B BE- Step last hit for CE for 22K combo
AB BE series- step and punish
CE- 3B/ CE

The timing is a joke the moves are so slow that you can A+K the 2nd but if you A+K the 3rd you'll finish your A+K animation and take damage before it lands. Unless they're a genie though, you'll punish them because really they have to guess because you can't hit c0nfirm.

wow.. i found a weird glitch fighting Xiba. When Xiba does REM B while i go into DGF or FLEA it whiffs.... which means that going into DGF B beats out 2 REM options with 75 damage output. FLEA B+K leads to CH FLEA B combos. REM A will hit tho :(

also, 4B+K and 22_88 A beats out all of REMs options :)

I just added these if you wanted to do more fun and flashy stuff.

214A is STILL your best option. although.. you almost have to predict when they do REM K... if i went on natural reaction i would still get hit by it.. :( i almost like my chances going into DGF, FLEA or 4B+K

i guess i'm a pocky-yoshi at heart :P

wow.. i found a weird glitch fighting Xiba. When Xiba does REM B while i go into DGF or FLEA it whiffs.... which means that going into DGF B beats out 2 REM options with 75 damage output. FLEA B+K leads to CH FLEA B combos. REM A will hit tho :(

also, 4B+K and 22_88 A beats out all of REMs options :)

I just added these if you wanted to do more fun and flashy stuff.

214A is STILL your best option. although.. you almost have to predict when they do REM K... if i went on natural reaction i would still get hit by it.. :( i almost like my chances going into DGF, FLEA or 4B+K

i guess i'm a pocky-yoshi at heart :P
Well, I just did a little digging, just step REM B and punish with 22_88B, 44A if you can't 214A(directed towards cold fingered peeps or Yoshi noobs). You can also interrupt with 4KB if you recognize REM stance.

I also tried your Flea jump works best if you're at point blank range(like right in front of him). A good thing to do is either flea jump them and follow up with Flea 66. Or my favorite risky fun one, Flea jump over them, get into BT MED for a nice Suicide. Thanks for this nice find. Though it only works at point blank range. However, Pocky Yoshi still praises thine finds.

Edit: This is such a lol wtf find. I laugh as I can go ahead and pick yet another fun thing like Flea K for that air grab. Man, is this nice. But this Flea K only works on him after his animation of REM B is done. Otherwise too soon will get Yoshi off Flea. *pouts*

Double edit: you can 9G over REM B at point blank range. Then do a back grab.

Triple edit: 2B shuts down REM if you can recognize it.

4th edit: DGF works as you say. But only in point blank range haha. Still jumping for joy. xD

Back