Yoshimitsu Namu Combos

The DNK combo can be ACed in most directions.

The other combo with a:B+K can be ACed, but it's surprisingly difficult. In testing a while back ago I discovered that the a:B+K can only be avoided in 1-2 of the 8 ACable directions. Furthermore, as the opponent, you must adjust for camera angle changes when it happens to get away. So, it's not guaranteed, but fairly usable if you're brave enough to do the [B+K] every time (which I'm not >_<).

this is kinda what i meant by to impractical ive tried this and the 4A JF barley ever recover for me so this make me want to rip my pubes of.

I think I never mentioned before, but with the iMCF, 1B+K, 3B+K:B setups, if they learned to stay on the ground for their own sake against most of the chars, you can go for 236B for even more dmg :), altough it´s a mind game, you must be really sure that they will stay on the ground, otherwise, you will be punished. Remember, once they decided to not ukemi, they are doomed, it can´t rolled for any weird reason.

I know that Hajime doesn´t like this, but belive me, a 170 dmg tech trap after CH iMCF, worths it.

I know that Hajime doesn´t like this, but belive me, a 170 dmg tech trap after CH iMCF, worths it.

I'd rather not add an additional execution issue (3B+K:B) to my game. I'm all for CH iMCF, 22B, 3B, 8K, 236B tech trap though.

I'd rather not add an additional execution issue (3B+K:B) to my game. I'm all for CH iMCF, 22B, 3B, 8K, 236B tech trap though.

It´s so satisfying when it lands... and when they just lay in the ground and they think they are safe, hehehe.
I remember that trap u r saying, but I don´t remember how effective it was...

Another question, 4Klv2, tracks 100%?

It´s so satisfying when it lands... and when they just lay in the ground and they think they are safe, hehehe.
I remember that trap u r saying, but I don´t remember how effective it was...

Another question, 4Klv2, tracks 100%?

Fairly effective. Same way out as most traps go, though. =(

Nope. None of them are 100% tracking. It's more like 40-50% per tick or something. The only reason it hits more often than not is because the B covers one side, I believe.

Hey, I got a noob question?
How does 8K fare for Yoshi?
And what combos can from it?
Lastly, how should it be used?

Hey, I got a noob question?
How does 8K fare for Yoshi?
And what combos can from it?
Lastly, how should it be used?

8K W! 33B 1 lvl 2or3 (it has to hit them frontwards and the 33B gives a splat with there back facing you)is great does really good dmg but there's a lot of other things you can do with the wall splat to. Its actually one of the best 8Ks in the game and shouldn’t be neglected.

awesome stuff. so CH iMCF, 22B, 3B, 8K, 236B covers tech-rollers to the left and sleepers?
and 8A+B4 covers right? what about backroll? how do the opponent get out of this, or is there options for every way possible if you read your opponent correctly?

awesome stuff. so CH iMCF, 22B, 3B, 8K, 236B covers tech-rollers to the left and sleepers?
and 8A+B4 covers right? what about backroll? how do the opponent get out of this, or is there options for every way possible if you read your opponent correctly?

236B covers back and left and 8A+B4 covers right and left and covers grounded completely

ya and when they learn to roll right or get up and step right 8A+B4 covers those :) or 66A+B

Hmmm, nope, iMCF, RCC 1B+K, 3B+K:B, 8A+B2 is a guaranteed combo on certain characters, no roll, no step no sleepers, no nothing Baba, try escaping that with Amy or Zasa for instance. iMCF, RCC 3B+K:B, 8A+B2 hits and tracks 100% on more chars, can be escaped by rolling foward tough, even tough with the right distance not even foward, that´s why sometimes u should use 1B+K.
Moreover, 3B+K:B is a standard JF, I don´t see any real difficult on the execution.
BTW, once they decided to not wake up, bring a 236B, it´s 100% guaranteed, well, maybe it can be JI´ed.

Now, this is a very rare combo, I don´t know if it was posted already... SDGF A+K, strict timing RCC, 2K, or 1KKK series for tech trap to all sides. That´s unpractical :)

I´ve been trying 3B, 8gK, 1B_lv1_lv2... seems a mixup that works fair enough.
But to be practical, 3B, 8gK, 66A+B_G mixups, since it can´t be rolled, they´re force to eat that, or guard since it can´t be interrupted... Maybe crybaby, but not sure.

Dumb tech trap, on deep hit 9_8gK, 9gK, but there are better options, for example near and edge, 9K, DNK. And Hajime knows more follow ups I think, like 9K, 3B_2K, etc.

Damn, too many options that it´s hard to stay with one combo, I love 3B, 4A:A:A:A mixups, since if they land right in front of u with Yoshi +++, there´s a situational combo, 3B, 4A:A:A, DNK, of course it only works if they sleep, no roll needed.

They must either roll left or tech immediately and step left. Consider it just another gimmick. Smart players will already know which way to go. This is also only viable when you have lots of room to play with.

Going for CH iMCF, 22B, 3AB, 44bB, a:B+K is still the best option if you're in potential range for a RO.

Hello, I'm super new here and I think i have one combo that's not up there I think. If it is already then im sowweee XD soo it goes like CH 1B+K, 3B+K:B,aB+K :D so yeah

Since you like to combo, you will need imcf. Then, proceed with that wall combo? of yours.
So instead, it'll be CH imcf, 3B, W!, 1B+K, 3B+K: B, aB+K, Doorknock, 3B. <------I was a victim to it >.>
It's a risky combo, but if you get it, good job. 1B+K best use is for regaining tempo for a wall combo.
I can't really say it has great benefits in any other way imho. The Yoshi experts will give their input on it.

As for mine, I'm not really a Yoshi combo type. I only do poking, spacing, mind games, and fun. Na-mu.....

Plenty of resources here. Be sure to look around at the Yoshi directory among other things. If you have a specific question, please post in the appropriate thread about it.

i do have a question. whenever i use 66B~Doorknocker combo, the doorknocker stops hitting after the second B. do u know why this might be happening? also is 66A+B~B+K~K~8A+K combo safe?

i do have a question. whenever i use 66B~Doorknocker combo, the doorknocker stops hitting after the second B, do u know why this might be happening?

It's a timing issue. This means you're start the DNK too early. I would suggest sticking to 66B, a:B+K combos until you've got the timing down.

also is 66A+B~B+K~K~8A+K combo safe?

I'm going to translate that as....

EDIT: Mistranslated...

Back