Yoshimitsu Namu Combos

Oh, wait...I'm stupid. =/ Your list of moves makes no sense, actually...

66A+B B+K (FLE), FLE K =>> DGF....DGF 8A+K isn't a move.

So, I'm not really sure what you're doing here, but your notation is a bit off.

I really don't understand what you are saying.
My guess is you're doing 66B+K, A+B, K or something like that.
Then you follow-up with a 8A+K which gets you into a SDF stance.
Is this is what you're saying? Because, that's all I'm seeing really.

66B+K, A+B, K, 8A+K.

66B+K, A+B isn't a natural combo. But the rest is a full combo. But, the A+B portion is a high, so it's only good if your opponent isn't familiar with the string and doesn't duck the A+B and punish.

Basically, the best thing to do is test it against your opponent. If your opponent is ducking the A+B portion and/or punishng you, stop doing it. If not, then you can choose to finish or not finish the string and mix-up your opponent from there.

could u tell me a gud combo that starts with a low? it seems i only know high/mid combos, which puts me at a disadvantage.

FC3K is the most important low of Yoshi. It has huge (huuuuuuuge) range, combo into 2K, lol.

Apart from that 214A is ok for RO, but easy blockable. Its ok since it has an evade in it, combo into 6A+BBBB...DGF K is also ok if you are a good player, just going into DGF and doing K wont lead to much success if the opponent knows Yoshi well. Try to create Mixups, Yoshi has so many ways to mix things up even if you are super solid in your defense you will eat this from time to time.

What else? REF A is shit. 11A is slow but safe, FC 1K:K:K is very good. Tracks opponents on the floor with the JF, SICK Damage of you get the JF (60ish) and a beautiful finisher since its very hard to punish since you can so 1K, 1KK, 1KKK etc.

So FC3K, DGF K and 214A if you anticipate a high or throw....should be enough. Learn to instant FC 3K...

Three additions:
– 214A is better if you make a quick step just before it, makes you evade lots of verticals
– FC3K doesn't have good TC frames
– 11A HAS good TC frames

– FC3K doesn't have good TC frames

I think it may not have any. I've been throw out of FC 3K too many times in the past. Although, it has displayed properties that indicate it could TC at the very end of FC 3K.

– 11A HAS good TC frames

And a couple TJ frames!
CH 11A, 3B. There's another low combo. Great mid-range poke and anti-high step killer. TCs very early in the move.

FC 3K can be crouch cancelled and 3B can combo for 35d.
I've been really trying to get back into Yoshi play, and completing his frames + writing down all his combos has helped me quite a bit...
I was doing his wall combos, I like this one, I'll share:
3B, W!, 2A+BB, 6[A+K]4, iMCF, 22B, 66K, W!, 3AB, 44bB, a:B+K, 2[A+B], FLE 6[6] = 107d. Yoshi recovers about 20 health I wanna say... And, I like this one too:
6K(far), W!, iMCF, 22B, 3B, W!, 2A+BB, 6[A+K]4, iMCF = 95d. Yoshi recovers about 12~15 health???

FC 3K can be crouch cancelled and 3B can combo for 35d.

I think this was mentioned earlier by johnny blaze. The risk isn't worth the reward, unfortunately. You have only a couple frames to combo this. If your timing is off, that's a free punish for your opponent for only a slight increase in damage.

That 20 health isn't guaranteed in the wall combo, though. It's still breakable by the opponent.

Baba: Think that's been posted by jonny blaze in the past.

ooo ooo ! I know combo! 3B 6K !!!! Good Huh??

EDIT: lol for real though
Whats Your WALL STAPLE COMBO?
Still using my 23 hitter?? ;)

Not sure if this has been posted before.. it seems too solid to have not been brought up

9A+BG, 11A is a Tech Trap (catches all) for 68 dmg total, and also hits sleepers and rollers for 60 dmg

Opponent steps the 9A+BG and blocks the 11A. I wouldn't call this a solid thing to do.
Only because your opponent will soon adapt and punish it. Noobs will just eat it.
Not to mention, this can't be a tech trap. Tech traps is like guaranteed combos or something like that.
Something like imcf, 3b, earslicer, 1B. Then again, that's just my scrubby humble opinion on it.

Back