Yoshimitsu stance shenenigans & transitions

If you die in SDGF right as you press B, the unblockable will still come out and possibly hit the opponent for a double KO. o_O

The animation is like what Havik mentions when you land and then faint.

JG the suicide after 1K??!?! Aren't they still in the air when it hits? Or JG 66A+K, which would be hilariously disappointing for Yoshi...

Just the standard 66A+K. It's very disappointing, especially when you think of how bad the risk/reward is for them if they miss their JG. haha

Well I guess your right, I suppose I just had an easier time doing it in SC4 for some reason, probably because I had played the game longer.

I know this is probably old news, but people fall for these couple things all the time as of late:

...FLEA A+B6 > FLEA {B}. - The delay is the perfect amount for people to think you are done with your guard trade or to wiff a vert. Bonus launch, too. (I'm sure you've all done/know this though)

33_77 A:A+B+K CH > 6A:A+B+K CH > 4K, B or 3B to whatever - SO MANY LIGHTS. Even If I connect on the first hit of 33_77 A:A+B+K, it still throws the second "ghost" hit which normally catches someone in CH. Fun times.

After 3B or any other launch you can use your CE to do 50-60 damage and your opponent cannot AC it (you do not get the animation). In otherwords you can do CH 66A BE, iMCF, RCC 3B, 4Ax5 (JF) (...), CE and this can easily ring out. Maybe this should go into to combo disscussion, but I still call it shenenigans.

Most characters can do that with CEs that end in special animations.

Poe and Hilde are two examples that are also able to nail people in-air with a CE for a significantly reduced amount of damage.

Well what I was really saying was that because it doesn't get the animation for the CE and continued to hit it can carry the opponent to ring out, kind of a lamer form of 4Ax5 (JF), but I don't know if you can do anything after, probably at most a 2K or something similar because of the lag you get, I don't have the game right now but I'll check this stuff on Friday.

Maybe they mean 66A BE, 3AB BE, 6K, 3B (I really am unclear here).

I suspect you might mean 66A BE, 3A B BE (which can be hit as 3A A+B+K A+B+K since the BE trigger counts for the second input), 6K. Sound right?

I don’t know if this combos or not, I haven’t tried it (lot of meter), I’m just trying to get what you’re saying. :-P

No, VincentVanBro probably means 66A BE, 6B BE, 4KB, the oppisite dircetional inputs for what he said. And a better and more flash waste of meter would be 66A BE, iMCF, RCC 3AB BE, CE, 2K.

The direction notation is as follows, with 8 being "up", 6 being "foward", 2 being "down", 4 being "back" and 5 being neutral:
7 8 9
4 5 6 basically, compare this to what you see on a D-pad
1 2 3

u/b U u/f
B N F
d/b D d/f

Sigh. Okay. My notations when all retarded.

This is the original combo I was trying to say: 66_99_33A BE (Kabuki BE) > 6B BE (Manji Yield Fist BE) > 4KB or 3B to whatever.

I've been playing around with Bad Stomach stance. Certainly doesn't work against better players very often, unless you can anticipate their attack - A+B (hold), K then immediately 66A+B which usually leads to 214A. Sometimes I'll back up slightly right at the beginning of fight then backflip as opponent attacks, if they are attacking it can dodge the attack and you follow up with a good strike. It's fairly situational. It's a good way to give yourself some space and lead in with shark attack or other stances.

I've been playing around with Bad Stomach stance. Certainly doesn't work against better players very often, unless you can anticipate their attack - A+B (hold), K then immediately 66A+B which usually leads to 214A. Sometimes I'll back up slightly right at the beginning of fight then backflip as opponent attacks, if they are attacking it can dodge the attack and you follow up with a good strike. It's fairly situational. It's a good way to give yourself some space and lead in with shark attack or other stances.

Silly goose, bad stomach is not a stance. Anyways, I don't use this very often unless I feel I could get away. But, I'd be careful using this against competent players. Especially someone like Pyrrha and her evil side Pyrrha Omega. They will either 66B you or just stab like it's no one's business. Otherwise, I kinda use it sparingly just to space away stylishly.

66A+B doesn't lead to 214A because it's not a tech trap.

Not only that, 214A doesn't hit grounded. The only reason it looks like it's grounded is your opponent wasn't competent enough to block it on wake-up. Otherwise, it would be blocked.

If you're doing 66A+B, 3B is pretty much guaranteed on grounded opponents.

Hrmm, saw no one mention it, but I really like Deathcopter right into DGF, especially when you're trying to close in. Catch a lot of people stepping the deathcopter, and eating a DGF A or K instead.

Hrmm, saw no one mention it, but I really like Deathcopter right into DGF, especially when you're trying to close in. Catch a lot of people stepping the deathcopter, and eating a DGF A or K instead.

Totally forgot to mention that....

Back