Yoshimitsu stance shenenigans & transitions

Was just looking at the wiki frame data and had a thought: in a Yoshi mirror-match, if you see the opponent go into IND and start to do either A, B, or K, you should be able to 8A with about 10 frames leeway to get out of the way of either the A, B, or K options...in the middle of a match, there are certainly more damaging options, but as a round ender it would be pretty stylish. []

e been keeping eye on here for a while and I have a noobish question: I can understand most of the abbreviations from the stances but I never really understood what iMCF means, so can anyone tell me what it is exactly or direct to where I can find out?

e been keeping eye on here for a while and I have a noobish question: I can understand most of the abbreviations from the stances but I never really understood what iMCF means, so can anyone tell me what it is exactly or direct to where I can find out?

instant Manji Carve Fist. It's Yoshi's 2a:B JF. There are a few videos showing how to do it, a quick google brought this up:

on wakeup:
- BG BG BG bA (counter hit fishing). Or, don't BG x3 if they are onto it; stop early and throw.

- BG DGF A. This tends to work for me lately against people who can deal with DGF - the fake makes them hesitate and the DGF A comes out fast enough to force a block. Obviously after that you have options as well - good thing about the B fake is that it takes you into a better distance for the DGF A strike; if I think they will retaliate i will 4A+B out of range and strike back with possibly a K DNK 3B_2K combo (dependant on opponents range).

After parting thrust - various confusion transitions to close gap or reset situation:
- 44B+K cancel into any throw, preferably rainbow drop.

- jump forwards

- 66B+K. hold for a different amount of time if you want BT mixup or face on etc.

1K launch:
- DGF A, G, (A+B) K

- G, B+K, A+B6

- G, A+B (let them get up)

FLE hop (blocked):
- B+K (baiting attack), DGF Transition (will dodge high horizontals)

I recently learned I can redirect SDGF's 2B+K. The second hit of that attack can be made to go forward or backward a little bit by pressing 6 or 4 after inputting 2B+K from the SDGF stance. The attack putts a veil on IND>B (opponents usually see the lightening indicating that a vertical gaurd crush attack is coming and move on reaction) allowing for more effective indian stance shenanigans.. while they're guessing what you'll do from IND after being gaurd crushed you can always A+K>A if you're feeling fancy

Using his taunt after some block strings with push back for annoyance factor and spacing. After 6A, taunt - puts you in throw range. Cancelling out of taunt into super works too :)

Want to have a funny match with Asty? Get on your pogo. You can jump his bullrush(66K) with Flea. Suicidal but if you manage to jump it, you better have a plan of what you'll do next as a Yoshi. xD

Back