Yoshimitsu Wishlist!

I'd like to some more range, his teleports can be excellent, not that anyone seems to use them, but when used right can be highly entertaining... Maybe some new Inspector Gadget-esque mechanical limbs lol

yeah. i like that idea of using that gimpy robotic arm for something. he only uses it for that 44bA. and all the DGF moves... spinning arm stuff.

that arm needs more namu.. no homo lol

His only viable WS option is WS A, but it's punishable and I believe free back grapple for the opponent if Yoshi doesn't go into stance, or maybe use BT 2K. 6K2K or 4KB of course is for punishment, but when I talk of WS game is meant as offensive attacks on block.

Give me just one or two better WS moves, and the rest can be kept the same. I don't deny that Yoshimitsu is a very well balanced character. That's one of the big reasons I main him. But improving his WS won't be that nudge that bumps him up to Mid-High/High Tier. It just helps him out where he lacks, after all in the new installment, all we want is balance.

More costumes/ Old Calibur DLC and I'm happy. Just don't nerf him to the point where they take away too much.

I just think he has good tools from FC. 4KB, 6K, 66K, 214A, go to DGF, 8K (which is fucking awesome), MCF, 1KKKK, FC 3K etc...you name it.

You guys are acting like its a good strategy to force Yoshi into FC because his WS game is so bad. But thats not the case AT ALL. Nobody does this. When i play Yoshi i DONT want to see him in FC too often, imo he is quite a threat when he is in crouched position due to FC3K, 4KB, 66K, 8 K mixups...not to mention MCF. Furzy even can RCC into iMCF quite well...lol SO MANY options, which character has this? Not a lot. I dont even can think of ONE character in the game that has so many options from FC. Most just have mids. Yoshi has full tracking lows, TC lows into RO, safe TJ Kicks that fuckin KILL you if there is a wall etc....

Yoshi is really really good from FC...maybe you guys are not creative enough :)

He is so well balanced, i think its not a big deal if he does not have the greatest WS tools, i named quite a few which work from FC and are great.

No doubt yoshi has very good offensive options from FC. But he lacks a safe, easy, WS move that puts him in a standing position. Only option I can think of is 7_8_9K but depending on the range, it will whiff.
I'd love to have something like Mitsurugi's WS,A or B. No need for knockdown or big damage, I just want something I can use after blocking Ivy's sweep or Kilik's 2A :p

But, hey, it's a wishlist so let us dream :D

BTW Crimson_Agent, nice sig!

Well, he had the FC 3K_WS K mix-up in SC2 and we know that was pretty retarded.

On the other hand, not being able to punish some simple lows on block is pretty annoying. Sure, you get a free 50/50 mix-up (which I guess is enough?), but you have to put yourself at risk doing so. Characters like Cervy get a free WS A into solid damage. Furthermore, there's no advantage to being BT at the same time your opponent is BT (especially ones with BT B+K moves) after a WS A.

So, I'm with Furzy on getting something from WS. As he said, some characters get away with lows for free against Yoshi.

not being able to punish some simple lows on block is pretty annoying. Sure, you get a free 50/50 mix-up (which I guess is enough?), but you have to put yourself at risk doing so. Characters like Cervy get a free WS A into solid damage.
That's one of my biggest points. After blocking simple lows your put @ 50/50 mixup attempt.. just one move that is better than WS A. Everything else is already known, range comes into factor, and some are situational. If an opponent throws a safe attack and your left in FC, imagine you try FC3K and they block, or 4KB and they see it. Just something more firm WS. that's all. Like Hajime said, there nothing good when WS A connects and it puts them AND you in BT.

BTW Crimson_Agent, nice sig!
Thanks that only works @ point blank, the CH AT won't work at tip range. Good DMG. though. And really flashy ^__^!!

Yeah, the way of the Namurai is screaming to me in that sig.
Getting to the point, I also have to agree with Furzy.

Back