Yoshitmitsu General Discussion/Q&A Thread

So basically what you do with this character in SCII is spam 1AAA and then do FC 3K, WR K, 214A, 2b:A, or another 1A series, while still having strong mitsu pokes and basics to fall back on? Maybe toss in some teleport sidestep soul charge cancels? Did I miss anything?

Yup, you got it. YOSHI TAKES SKILL. Oh, and vary the number of 1A attacks you use. This will turn it into pseudo-advantage and let you keep spamming.

Will be learning this character alongside a few others from Day 1 onwards...

Any good/bad matchups I should expect? Also interested in any fundamental/crucial techniques, glitches (other than his JFs) I should learn/abuse etc. I've played a little SC2 long ago in the past, but I can learn this game pretty fast hopefully.

AZ

44B+K will be your one of your best friends. It's one of the best tracking moves in the game...
If I remember correctly quick deathcopter (9A+B~d) can tech trap and hits ground

His throws are ridicilously strong. Rainbow drob RO´s to the back and does 70 damage, and normal B+G throw does 65 damage! 4KB charged tracks really well and 3AB is a nice CH launcher that is hit confirmable.

I watched Aris' system tutorial of SC2, I see there's much more freedom in this game as I have seen, I think Yoshi will be fun for me.

This is not the 'only lolo plays him, he's sooo hard' Yoshi of 4/5. If you bother to learn manji carve fist, that is also quite strong (Viscous Suicide rocked this back in the day) but it's frankly not necessary when you have a 2A as good as Yoshi's.

44B+K will hit people that somehow get behind him. It is amazing.

You also have the benefit of having argubly one of the most lopsided matchups in the game. Yoshi 1A almost single handedly retcons Yunsung out of existence.

This is not the 'only lolo plays him, he's sooo hard' Yoshi of 4/5. If you bother to learn manji carve fist, that is also quite strong (Viscous Suicide rocked this back in the day) but it's frankly not necessary when you have a 2A as good as Yoshi's.

44B+K will hit people that somehow get behind him. It is amazing.

You also have the benefit of having argubly one of the most lopsided matchups in the game. Yoshi 1A almost single handedly retcons Yunsung out of existence.

Hi guys :) ...any questions?

Regards,

vicioussuicide

ps. THE LEGEND NEVER DIES...

I have a few questions that've been bugging me for a bit. I'm playing sc2 with a friend a lot, I am maining Yoshi, while his choice is Cass/Sophitia.

1. I noticed that my okizeme as Yoshimitsu i pretty much non-existent, it comes down to 2B/2K mixup. 3K whiffs if he simply stays still, sometimes it misses when he is rolling. Sometimes i try to throw in a 2A+B but it's easy to block or simply roll away and punish. Is it really true that Yoshimitsu has weak okizeme or is it just me being bad at him? It is really apparent when compared to Soph/Cass cruel wake-ups and ground pounding.
2. Is it a difficult match-up for Yoshimitsu? I have this feeling that Yoshi is easily out-ranged and on par with damage if not out-damaged. 236B from sophitia makes it very scary to use any move except for the fastest pokes, as the damage with perfect JF is simply mexi. Then again it might just be me being salty.
3. I noticed that Sophitia ducks under many of Yoshi's mid pokes. I always considered mid-landing hits a tool to be used against crouching opponent, but Sophitia still manages to crouch under or otherwise evade my attacks with her attack animations, which makes me very salty.

What do 8wr?

I shall rephrase it then. Are there any better moves to use in a situation where Yoshimitsu has just grounded an opponent, than 2B/2K or 3K that would be more punishing? I'm curious if i could make his wake-up game stronger. 9B+K sounds like an option but - is it reliable?

Hi guys, is there something guaranteed after sc lv1 pogo [A+B] on block, better than 11BA ? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Is there anywhere that the differences are documented between NTSC and PAL versions? I haven't noticed any big issues yet - he basically plays the way I remember. Man, SCII Yoshi has so much FLOW. I missed this game... hopefully the netcode gets cleaned up a bit.

Back