Youmacon Battle Opera Results & Aftermath

There was 68 or something like that in TTT2. Thanks for the love guys. I surprised myself considering this is my second time playing since a few weeks before ttt2 came out. GGs to everyone I played and thx alot to LP for hooking me up with a ride. Was a suprisingly great weekend for it being in Detroit.

Dunno who the main man was, but the two players ALL CAPS and Shin Ryujin were the main guys bsing the game after they lost their set. Otherwise it was just some random dood coming from the DoA2 torne.

Great SCV matches at this event. I didn't pay much attention much to the commentary except for the salty attitude which were giggles for me

I forgot to mention in my first post on here good stuff to Mateo taking 1st, Hawkeye taking 2nd, & MysticBill taking 3rd. Good shit there guys.

As far as the commentary is concerned, it's not the first time I heard the guys from MI hating on the game for one reason or another. I usually hear the same talk from them at Console Combat up in Cleveland more often than not, & they also were doing the same thing at Season's Beatings.

I personally think it's kind of silly that they were bashing the game like that. It's understandable that people will be people & have varying opinions about matters for different reasons, but I don't think it was a good look on their part hating on the game like that while on stream in a big tournament like that which is representing their home state. Stuff like that just doesn't bode well for the overall community/scene for the game.

Regardless of all their talk, I still like SC5 & will play it whenever I get the chance to do so. Hope to see everyone at NEC in about less than a month from now.

I had a blast watching the stream, commentary aside of course. I'm particularly excited to go back into the stream archive later this week and get a good look at Mateo's play, especially vs. the Natsus, and of course the super-hype Mateo v. LP game.

I would've really enjoyed watching the money matches between AR15 and those raging commentators though xD

http://www.twitch.tv/getsaltytv/b/338140067

There is Top 8. You can make your own judgement on the commentary.

I just watched it, and honestly, I enjoyed it over all. The commentary did change up in the top 3 but the pace of the matches changed as well. They still covered some technical data but kept the hype too. There was a lot of counter hits and Mateo's performance was savage, i could not of said it better myself.

I think some comments might of been taken the wrong way. Hearing the commentators say things like "I lost cause I don't play this game" may seem a little salty but I also see it as self deprecating humor. Their trash talk is just how they do things. I heard my fair share when I was there but I never felt disrespected.

However, I did not like the complaining about the patch changes. Seriously, you guys should be over that buy now. And i agree with Sluch, a major tournament stream is probably not the place to express that opinion and probably not the best way to hype up the event so that people watching will come to the next one.

As far as Adonis' comments about the turn out, I can understand his frustration. Having a major tournament with a $1k pot bonus and having only 30 people enter is what it is. Though he probably could of expressed himself in a more appropriate way, the point was more people should of came out. I agree, but though the numbers were not there, the quality of players were there.s

This was my first trip to The D and I would very much like to go back for future tournaments. I understand the economy there has suffered but the people and places that are still around are the gems that make the city. Saturday night I went out with my friends to some of the local bars and all 5 of us got a free shot from a waitress. We ended the night dancing at the Youmacon rave. Sunday morning we found a local diner that served us a huge amount of delicious food for a cheep and went on to have a good day of finals. Whatever reason the rest of the community had for missing out on this tournament, I think you guys may have made the wrong decision.

C.O.R.N.: You guys are the foundation of a great fighting game community. You may not be at the top of the tournament results now but you all have everything you need to get there in the future. Stick with each other. Push each others limits. Help each other get better. Look forward to seeing you guys at future tournaments.

AR15: Great match. Some might say the match of the tournament(I would). Had it been 2/3 you would have placed 3rd but it was 3/5 and i noticed your tendencies faster than you noticed mine. But man, when you land a combo, that's the round. Hope you make it out to more tournaments. GG

LP: I came after you, because I knew i had to beat you to get that money. I look forward to our next match. It was fun to hang out with you all weekend. GG

Hawkeye: You were fun to hang out with too. I heard you could dance, but I am glad i got to see it for myself. Your Natsu is inspiring. Good job taking 2nd.

Sluch: Tough draw not making top 8 but good job in Tekken. I enjoyed the car ride conversation and I will take your advice on my game and most likely any future advice as well. See you at the next one. GG

Mateo: What a weekend. Great job

I don't know how to fight against Natsu, Algol or Mateo but I had a lot of fun playing my best.

Bill: Likewise my friend. Definitely some good conversations on the car ride to & from Youmacon this weekend my good sir. I'll be taking the advice you gave me as well & put that to good use. I'll see ya at the next event for sure & good stuff overall once again Bill & GGs.

MATEO-CHAN!!! Good shit!!! Glad you didn't get shot in Detroit after all. :)
Bill-chan: Good job to you too. Did Yongje win Tekken?
Good goings to everyone else in the midwest that placed, go my hot Sluch!! And good stuff to the Chicago. Those matches were fun to watch.

Thanks for the props & support for all of us Jimmy.

In terms of the TTT2 Top 3 Results, it was FightingGM 1st, Mateo 2nd, & myself 3rd.

Yongje wasn't able to make it to Youmacon due to school stuff. Real life stuff had him on lock-down. Lol.

Errbody knows I love them. Good shit to everybody, really. Had a really great time despite Detroit and my own tournament issues. Pretty much said everything to everybody and they know how I feel, so see you all next time. Going to take some time to start practicing offline again and get me a new controller so I fuck you peeps up next time but don't be a stranger.

O yeah, next time, someone bring a damn casual setup! Though not having one probably made the bars/rave all the more appealing.

Can anyone provide some context to this:

I'm not sure about what happened between him and Noel Brown but, supposedly, he started crying while he was playing Footwurk (of CORN) because of the shit that was being talked. Nothing to cry about, but, then again, CORN sounds more like they're talking shit over a fight rather than over a fighting game when they play and he was probably alone...and white, so who knows.

I'm not sure about what happened between him and Noel Brown but, supposedly, he started crying while he was playing Footwurk (of CORN) because of the shit that was being talked. Nothing to cry about, but, then again, CORN sounds more like they're talking shit over a fight rather than over a fighting game when they play and he was probably alone...and white, so who knows.

Damn. Thanks for the clarification.

I just hate to see this kind of shit happen to anyone.

Don't play Mahvel while white.

Guess so.

I thought he was crying over the money match he lost and trying to get the respect from high level players.

Back