your Anti-Yoshi strat?

Revin122

[09] Warrior
what's your strategy against a Yoshi player? It's hard to do a CR game against Yoshi. What are you suggested pokes and spacing against him.

What I do:

Yoshi seems to have a lot of fast charging and close-range combos, but most seem to be MIDs and HIGHs.
Be patient and block through them. I GI if I can, or just block. when he approaches the end frame of his attack, a quick 2A or 33A Is best to get me inside. They will also evade some traps.

And when he does his crazy flying and teleporting, I hit A+B.
That will hit him if he's over me or move my position if he tries to get behind.

Hm ain't posted in here a minute. An effective Yun against Yoshi is a patient one considering that he can punish alot of yoshi's bad moves with k,k; a,a and i would not recommend BB just cause it is negative on CH and you lose momentum. In this match-up learn to use yun with little to no CRN unless you are in mixup mode and they dont see it coming. Lets begin with he easy's.
1) Yoshi BT'd: One major thing with yoshi in stance is that his mids are see-able while his lows are well, not as. So if he goes bt I would rather block low and you can see the mid and react to it. Also if you know you are close to being hit by him in bt remember that 4k+b gets you away from most of his mixups in bt.
2) Yoshi is a flying: Step A) scream and prepare to die. B) once you have done that and we can all get a good laugh at you crying read the rest of this post. (Actual knowledge ->) In this stance you have the same options as bt only this time the mids are more dangerous but you can still see them on reaction. Also remember that 236 k,k hurts him alot from wanting to go in there because of your tech crouch and free damage. If you are not sure you can also use 4k, and 44k. Both tech crouch highs and eliminates the flag whack maneuver (Personal nickname). You also have 4b with the optional k follow up. CRN not recommended because of the other juggle options.
3) Straight Up scwabbling Yoshi: Way too many variables. But let me get some of the quick things out. At around the time being =<30 seconds yoshi becomes a dangerous man. And I mean like real bad. Try to finish him off before that always. If not then you have alot of tekken moves that are awsome that you need to deal with. Yoshi strings of 66b... etc are good but can be punished by at least a BB. Personally I go for mixups because if I hit them 100% of the time on punish then they expect it, so it depends on how the match is going (Ill let you test out what is best for you). Yun's 6k strings that can lead to the fakes on the additional crn then mixup are always handy. Other than that just play yun solid and do as little punishable stuff as possible. Also when yoshi is at negative it is always a good look if you are not going for the damage to bait someone with a move that they can step and hit them with the ch 1A.
(Not going to proof read b4 I post so I hope this made sense to you)
-King Salmon/Tomahawk

use 44B intelligently
stay out of iMCF range
Punished blocked lows with 236K and WS K depending
Step a lot, A LOT

Back