Your Favorite Ivy?

Awestruck

[09] Warrior
I know we've all played a great Ivy player, possibly even better than ours. If you're looking for a decent match or a challenge, played a great Ivy and think they should be noticed for it... say it here.

We don't have things like this in the personal Ivy soul arena, I thought I'd post it.

I've played the following:

Woahhzz
Aubumee
Ivyfanboy (SC4-Ivy)
Sora
jjcu
(All PSN)

They've all became a challenge to me, as I'm sure I've done the same to them.

Post away. I'm always looking for a good mirror match, this thread might become in handy.

add "swordofdios" on your psn. Tell him I sent you lol. No but in all seriousness, his Ivy is pretty good.

After having played tons of Ivy players from entire America, France, Germany, Spain etc my opinion still remains unchanged - most of those people (with some exceptions, like Scud or Woahhzz) don't even come close to Malek from France. Im happy that my biggest "local" (Europe) Ivy competitor from SC3/SC4 still kick butts ;] online sucks btw.

Noooooooooooooooooooo.
Ring lie ! I don't even play this game. I'm a ... tetris player !

ah ah ah

U're stronger than me Ring.
I won from time to time only because of LagCalibur.
During SC3 Di defeat me so much and so easily whereas he had trouble against you, So that mean only one thing: U are the best in Europe with Ivy.

And in Tokyo, Linkrkc beat me (I only can won some match because of uncredible luck).
I also lost against NeoIsabella very often...

In France, Vints destroyed me! And he can't do that against Link, so Link's SO much stronger than me.

And more important, I NEVER WON ANY important competition.....

I don't think I became a lot stronger now than i was in Soul3.
But, thanks for the compliment.

Also be nice to give each other critiques on why we lost or holes in our strategy. I know right now my major weakness is spacing (Woahhzz pwned me in our rematch on this alone). It's also hard to tell when lag effects a punish too, so maybe point out where something wouldn't work offline. I'd love to know what I pull that is strictly online reliant.

playing Awestruck has greatly improved me and finally given me direction on what to improve based on his criticism.

But yeah finding good Ivy's is hard (kinda why my ego was a lil over inflated for awhile)

Currently I only know Awestruck and Woahhzz to be better than me. Sure there's a few more out there but no ones convinced me yet (yeah that's a challenge).

Ivyfanboy you should mix up your throws, because you ALWAYS do A throws. Plus you tried the same !CS setup on me a billion times, and it never worked.

Ivyfanboy you should mix up your throws, because you ALWAYS do A throws. Plus you tried the same !CS setup on me a billion times, and it never worked.

yeah. workin on those lol. Breaking my [6]B set up has left me with only a few options. I'm practicing CL set ups. CL 6B is great on some characters.

And yeah, I have noticed my constant use of A grab. sometimes it's just me fuckin up iCS though lol. But I like how it sets up for SW 3B+K. I only throw B grab when i start seein the breaks though.

I think woahhzz's really talent is his ability to space. I found myself constantly at distances that didn't favor my stance and just couldn't pick the best option. He has the amazing ability to sit just out of tip range of the best moves. Really losing to him has caused a whole flurry of new tactics to practice.

im not a ivy player but i have in my clan 2 ivy player(xbl) the one is Godbeat64 and the other is Dropical...they are good and nice to talk.
Just wanna help this thread.

Omg I'm doing the worst I've ever done today. I'm not sure whats up. Did my huge lag bitching, went in offline practice and realized it was just me with horrible timing. I sucked a lot of embarrassing losses. I'm also beginning to suspect my monitor or set up has a slight delay itself. I was practicing JI's on repeated patterns to get a calibration and there seems to be a VERY slight delay, but enough to have me eat repeat AA's unless i preemptive GI. Just so I know...if I Gi and throw a grab immediately after...I have 3 frames to spare before they can duck right? Because I can never land a hit after a GI and I can't determine what's causing this.

I think I'm losing skill somehow lol. But Blasio beat me silly tonight. While I'm claiming major off night his whip mode is definitely better than mine.

ughh i suppose i should mention pelican2007, even though he makes me want to smash up my x-box. i never give much kudos to ivy players, but ill admit theres a few good 'uns.

Back