Your favorite Sophie players

I_N

[08] Mercenary
And reasons to like them :)

Mine are: Ramon, daGOTTh, Edge.

Ramon (lots of vids): Adventurous and creative. This guy is one of the most successful (and unpredictable) turtle/pitbull hybrids I've ever seen. Doctorate in B+K & WS [A+B]. Well, truth be said, I should have probably ranked him third, but he's a co-mod here, so... you get my drift :-P

daGOTTh (http://www.8wayrun.com/showpost.php?p=149225&postcount=23): An epitome of cold and calculated precision (well, the guy is German, after all :)). Very conservative and restrained, extremely safe, almost mathematical playstyle. I've yet to see him miss a punishment opportunity.

Edge (http://www.8wayrun.com/showpost.php?p=108799&postcount=61): My recent discovery (yup, I'm that slow sometimes...). Honorable mention for absolutely fantastic A+B use and godly reaction. Belial's regular sparring partner, so that's only logical, I guess.

daGOTTh is a very interesting Sophitia player. Never really payed much attention to him. Are there any other vids of that Sophie besides the above. He's stirred my interest!

You'll get the chance to play him at Cannes SU :P

Dag is extremely dominating in Germany, not only in SC4 but also back in SC3...

Here are some more...but that was before our nationals, he kept getting better and better, punishes every ducked high with Sophies 1B Combo....think right now he is the only player in Germany i absolutely have no chance against...hope thats gonna change till Cannes...

Bear in mind, Jag the Gemini is his brother, they play each other since 10 years now...

greets,doc.

Excellent! Thanks for the videos! I look forward to competing against him if I make it out there.

Edit:

Ok seriously that Sophitia is super strong how did I miss this player this entire time. Yay i'm excited even more now. There was one other Sophie that I always thought was beast. The best one in fact but never seen anything related to him since and I can't even remember his name (wondering if u can remember). It was from Poland I believe and it was a long set vs. Ring the Ivy user. Can't remember where it is. Anyway this Sophitia looks like he could snatch up that title but at this point in the game I have to play him. Damn the competitive thirst is taking over me again.

He can't really execute the JF's after 236, 236236 but his execution is godlike for a Sophitia.

Well, daGOTTh should hire me as a promoter now, I think, huh? :-P And yeah, I do remember him since SCIII.

He can't really execute the JF's after 236, 236236 but his execution is godlike for a Sophitia.

He = daGOTTh or that anonymous Polish player? Either way, it may partially be a matter of stab angle complications. I'm sure you are familiar with Sophie 236B(:4) hit mechanics, SU, so you know exactly what I mean. Don't think that guy can possibly have any trouble with :4 on a pure execution level, as otherwise he's extremely clean and precise.

I_N thanks for the compliment!

i think my fav sophie is MTFighter! he keeps me on my toes! loves using moves i hate! and is a real pitbull...and a douche! lol

Yeah, MTFighter is pretty good, judging by the vids :) His X is worthy of attention, too.

In general, people that main Sophie in SCIV tend to be very competent players. That was true even back in SCIII era, Sophitia's finest hour... After all, if you choose to main a character built on counterattacking/punishment, it's absolutely mandatory you learn all other characters' moves and setups thoroughly (+ individual playstyles and preferences, but that's not always possible...). True, that's highly desirable for any character, but in Sophie's case it's a necessity.

I remember now. His name was Matt-JF and he was the first Sophitia I saw do all the Sophitia stuff that is being done in SC4. Not sure if he still plays now or if he got any better since it was along time ago. 2008 I believe but he was the only Sophitia I saw utilize her wavedashing abilities and come off as scary with them seeing as how TASB comes straight out of her wavedashing abilities. He also had some pretty badass GI'ing abilities at the time.

For what its worth though I like this new Sophie user and I will be watching him from now on as I like his execution. It's almost mechanical in style but when anything comes out it comes out like a rocket. Very accurate. Besides that yeah I understand the angle issues with Sophitia.

well like i said (and suirad) before DaGotth is good buuut his opponents let him get away with sooo much shit! block strings like 44K 44K would NEVER work on a person as good as Something-Unique...

actually i dont know what works on SU...so i pick asta :) lol!

well like i said (and suirad) before DaGotth is good buuut his opponents let him get away with sooo much shit! block strings like 44K 44K would NEVER work on a person as good as Something-Unique...

actually i dont know what works on SU...so i pick asta :) lol!

Wasnt that only seen in the finals vs Neo4lifes Kilik, where he spammed it as anti-asura and for the psychological effect? Not coming in here to rage cause for once someone doesnt think daGOTTh is insanely good, but your statement about his opponentS (note the bold letter, it magnetizes attention 8D) seems fairly general, your example however is not.

no its not that i dont think hes good cuz thats...stupid and an insult to everyone in the German NATS! buut there are alot of points where the kilik could have uses certain moves that would have fucked him over! kiliks 6AA could have stopped most of the block strings in its tracks! amongst other things like 66B... the kilik was too scared is what i was saying! and im not taking away from him cuz it could have been alot of factors like lack of frame data for sophie! everything else was great from daGOTTh

US:
MTFIghter
Ramon

France:
Black Cat
Dina
G-Remy
Chris

World:
Chang's friend
Daggoth

All great players

Ramon:
Very consistant player. Ive seen all of his clips on jaxels channel and he preforms very well in all of them IMO. Consistant punishing and 236236b always comes out Very quickly. As a seig user I would not accept a food match from Ramon

MTFighter > Ramon
^_^

He just need a good team partner to congrats him from time to time, and nothing can stop him !

Lots of interesting responses here. Ahriman is a completist, as usual ;)

MTFighter > Ramon

Hmmm... Maybe I should consider starting a thread entitled 'Your least favorite Sophie players', eh? :-P

Personally, while I admit Ramon is not flawless (nobody is), he is very creative and dynamic - his matches are always a pleasure to watch. He's not afraid of untrivial solutions, and that's definitely a quality I value highly. MTFighter is good, of course. Excellent, even, as far as tactical stuff is considered - he's an intelligent player, no complaints in this department. One thing I feel he lacks a bit is originality - his style is solid and conservative, most of the time (it's even more obvious when he plays X). Then again, that's not a disadvantage by any means. Just a different playstyle.

Vincent I live in Australia. Video's are my only way of gauging how good Sophie players are since we have like 1 semi competent Sophie in the whole country

To be honest, I don't know much Sophitia's that don't use lag tacts online. So, I've never really seen a good Sophia.

Back