Your future Mains?

Taki is going to be my main for sure. Ivy & Voldo are my secondaries. Will probably add Setsuka to that list once she's in the game.

Main:
Taki, of course.
Hopefully not as powerless as in IV, please.
Will main anyway.
Looks super cool to play atm.

Secondaries, reactivate:
Mi-na, so glad she's back.
Mitsu (Relic :)
Lizardman, it would be a real dick move to use a pic with him in a trailer, but not include him right?... Right??!? Also Crawl not Sand Winger.

Tertiaries:
Nightmare? He is more like in IV than in V now, isn't he? I liked SCIV Nightmare and now he looks really brutal with free Soul Charge and all.
Yoshimitsu, looking fun as hell to play as.
Cassandra, i hope, strongly, that Cass is in.
It was a hobby of mine to bash people in the face with her shield all the time xD

Curious:
Groh because he's new but reminds me of Pat a bit too much, we'll see.
Siegfried, looking awesome with his long and shiny blade.
Also whoever new may come.

I just realized, after playing a bit of SCV, that, other than 4, where i had a larger personal roster, 5 was like "Maining my main, the game" , with the others being rather rudimentaries© than anything else.

For 2 reasons:
1: Natsu being very strong, especially compared to SCIV Taki.
2: All of my secondaries/tertiaries either completely gone, or less to MUCH LESS appealing, because Wings, Relic gone, or Yoshi's crap range(shorter than Natsu? LOL! Still the most fun of the bunch) SCV Nightmare didn't fit either.

Anyway, I am so hyped for SCVI, feels like a Soul Calibur reunion to me with all the returning characters, classic legacy moves/stances and Soul Charge being back, glorious!
Sorry for the long post xD

Last edited:
Lot of returning cast, but I was playing aPat in V so in order of least to most likely main-

Zas- always liked him, love that he looks much stronger.

Groh- Edgelord teleport mixups.

mitsu - relic is so cool.

Taki- PO mixups are a blast

Hwang/Yun- if they return and if they're not awful. Hwang was the first character I played in soul edge after voldo.

Asta- grapplers are fun

Raph- I always wanted to like him, but his style has always been super limited/off.

Nightmare- something fun about his brutal/knock you around style.

Hopefully one of those is playable.

Edit- of the other possible returns Lizardman would probably be on my list

Might just have to add Azwel to the list. I've never seen anything that resonates with me more. Regardless of whether or not I like it I always end up playing a mage. At least this time I like the mag. Taliesin Jaffe did an amazing job imo

I'm primarily looking at Kilik or Seong Mi-na since I mained Xiba in SC5. Besides those two, Groh looks really cool and I'll give him a try.

Everyone in my signature, though I'm mostly going to be focusing on Sophitia and Grøh. I might dabble with Taki just because I enjoyed Natsu and she seems to be heading in that direction, as well as Kilik and Xianghua.

Seong Mi-na or Taki at launch, likely Mina being my main. If Hilda is DLC, there's a strong chance she becomes my main. Lizardman as well. I'll also try Groh, see what I think.

But short answer: Mi-na.

Applicants for VI: :sc2mit2::sc2rap1:
Potential Applicants (need to see more before I can say either way): :sc2min2::sc2tal1:

Zasalamel, Raphael, Kilik, Sophitia and maybe Taki. I feel like she'll be pretty different compared to what I knew about her from SC2.

Taki of course. Others I'm considering are Sophitia, Nightmare, Yoshimitsu and Seong Mi-na.

I’ll start maining mitsurugi so I don’t have to relearn styles since he is always going to be there. My mains in 4 were yun-seong and Cassandra but that ain’t happening. Then on 5 I mained patroklos and alpha patroklos but that ain’t happening either :(. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Mitsurugi all the way now baby. I can’t get hurt again.

I’ll start maining mitsurugi so I don’t have to relearn styles since he is always going to be there. My mains in 4 were yun-seong and Cassandra but that ain’t happening. Then on 5 I mained patroklos and alpha patroklos but that ain’t happening either :(. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Mitsurugi all the way now baby. I can’t get hurt again.
Hehe. I really liked Yun-Seong in SC3, have you played with him back then?

And then Arthur rises up and kills Mitsurugi in this new timeline. Kappa

And then Arthur rises up and kills Mitsurugi in this new timeline. Kappa
For the love of all that is holy no, please no.
I'm still waiting for the malfested peasant Pat killed to be released. I found a leak that said the malfested peasant was definately going to be in. Then I will main him. KappaKappaKappa

Back