Your most used move as Voldo

Conral

[08] Mercenary
Hello everyone. I'm new to these forums, so I just want to introduce myself quickly. I've been playing Soul Calibur since it was released on the Dreamcast, and Voldo has always been my character of choice. While I never played all too seriously, I always enjoyed playing with friends. I played a lot of Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, and a lot of Soul Calibur 2 on the Xbox. I never played much of 3, but I have played it. With the advent of online play; however, I find myself wanting to really improve my game.

I'm really interested to see how other players use Voldo. I've seen some videos, but there's not a whole lot out there. So my question is this, if you had to pick one move which you would say you used the most often or which would derive a lot of your combos what would it be? For me, I find it being the Evil Bow (:1::A:). I use this because it has good range, and knocks the opponent to the ground. The only problem I see with this move is that it's somewhat slow, and as a result I sometimes use it at the wrong time.

Hello everyone. I'm new to these forums, so I just want to introduce myself quickly. I've been playing Soul Calibur since it was released on the Dreamcast, and Voldo has always been my character of choice. While I never played all too seriously, I always enjoyed playing with friends. I played a lot of Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, and a lot of Soul Calibur 2 on the Xbox. I never played much of 3, but I have played it. With the advent of online play; however, I find myself wanting to really improve my game.

I'm really interested to see how other players use Voldo. I've seen some videos, but there's not a whole lot out there. So my question is this, if you had to pick one move which you would say you used the most often or which would derive a lot of your combos what would it be? For me, I find it being the Evil Bow (:1::A:). I use this because it has good range, and knocks the opponent to the ground. The only problem I see with this move is that it's somewhat slow, and as a result I sometimes use it at the wrong time.

I don't like 1A causes it's easily seen and punished. I do like 1[K] for the the Tech Crouch, BS 1A another TC attack. A+B for its stun and wake up game.

236B... it's so f'ing sneaky,tech crouches, knocks down, hits grounded, super long range annnnnd it's fast. Damage isn't so great, but if it did alot of damage it would be broken :P

The only thing I dont like about 236B is it seems unsafe on normal hit. On CH its good, its a great way to mix up your opponents. Let them see 236, watch them duck drop K.

I don't like 1A causes it's easily seen and punished. I do like 1[K] for the the Tech Crouch, BS 1A another TC attack. A+B for its stun and wake up game.

Yeah, like I said too, it can be a bad move to use :1::A: -- I agree completely. Definitely agreeing with :1::K:. That move is great and quick. I use a lot of BS :1::A: too. However, I don't use :A:+:B: as much as I maybe should, that includes :2::A:+:B:.

:2::3::6::B: is also one I use a lot, but what do you typically use after that to lead into your next moveset? I find it puts you in such an awkward position that often times it put you at a disadvantage.

:2::3::6::B: is also one I use a lot, but what do you typically use after that to lead into your next moveset? I find it puts you in such an awkward position that often times it put you at a disadvantage.

I try not to use it by itself. I try to put it in with :A:+:B:~236:B: If they don't expect it its a great way to finish them off if the health is low. Yet, if they know its coming I get interrupted every time.

-Manta- I'm still having difficulty using the SCC, what is the proper placement for it. After A+B 236 then A+B+K?

:2::2:_:8::8: :A:+:B:!!!! ;) Just kidding.

:A:+:B:~:2::3::6::B: is my mainstay, BS :1::A: almost never stops working for me. An honorable mention to :B:+:K: for it's quick mid-ness.

Hahaha, fools dance is a worthy move!

Though really, :3::B::B: is my mainstay. It does about 55 damage, more than most grabs, and that's if it is not on counter hit! For more damage, I'll use :3::A: on counter for stun, continually hold:3: for a smooth transition to :3::B::B:. Awesome damage.

:2::A:+:B: :2::3::6::B: if :A:+:B: blocked :2::3::6: :B::G: to jump over char :1: :K: :P
:3: :A:
:1: :K:
:A:+:B: alot :D
I only do :1::A: if i expect to be GIed of on safe

4[K] is pretty awesome. It's the fastest way to get into MCHT (by doing 8 or 2 while in DR) while facing forward. This move works great at any range. If your opponent is side stepping while you're in MC, wait for Voldo to adjust tracking then send him running. If they block MCHT 66, do it again, and this will pretty much force a mixup with A+K which guarantees a nice combo with a possible RO if it hits.

Also BS 22_88 K, [K] is another nice move which leads into nice guaranteed damage with possible RO. It's a really good way to punish after a step while in BS. I have more success with this move than with MCHT A+K in their face. Just because it's not easy to control Voldo's MC 66.

2A+B absolutely a awsome move .Great soul gauge damage, and nice follow up.
You can 2A+B236 into CR, press G or A+B+K taunt cancel, it let 2A+B become totally safe move.
Also the following moves in CR most of them are uninterrupt..... so much better then in SC3(A+B)

Namco probably gonna nerf this move in next patch ..

Well my most used move is always changing as my competition adapts. Here's what I'm up to now though.

2A+B - Still does good soul gauge damage. Still slow as hell, so if people get used to trying to GI after you do a move, you can throw this out there. Still gives good mixups on block.
6:6B - Great punishing move. Fantastic damage.
CR K - Leaves you on the ground in BS. I've found teching forward and doing BS G+A or BS G+B to be effective.
BS 4KA - Use this when they start ducking your BS G+A or BS G+B throws from BS grounded.

I kind of took a small break from SC4 due to being so busy. After getting time to play a few games I noticed my game was pretty weak.

Anyways, thanks for all of the feedback so far. As I said before, Voldo isn't very popular and it's nice to see how others vary their style on a character where style definitely isn't lacking.

It's interesting to see so many of you like :2::A:+:B: and :3::B::B:. These are two I'll definitely look into using a lot more often now.

Back