Yun-seong Changes For Sc5

RT0wn

[10] Knight
Since they're popping up in the other SA's I figured we should start one for Yun...

Not really sure how to improve him except maybe add CR Swoop from SC2. I've been playing SC2's Yun recently trying to see the differences, and I have to say I'd like AAKK back. Fun mixup, adds variety. And the 33B->CR as well.

I haven't played SC3 so I have no idea how he played in that game.

Someone with more experience with Yun should identify his major SC4 problems... I only recently picked him up.

Bring back following moves:
44B cancel (SC2, SC3)
11_77K (SC3)
4A+B Autogi with cancel (SC2)
AAKK (SC2)
3K (SC3)
33_99AB with GC on B delay (SC2)

and bring A throw back, it's soooo cool!!!

44B and 4A+B cancels are iffy... how many other characters have cancels like that? Would be awesome, but maybe too awesome... And 4A+B is a great lifter, would go right into 8KKK if that's kept. But honestly, I would rather have 4A+B than 8KKK if it comes down to it.
33_99AB wasn't that great, but is an excuse for better frames...

And yes, bring the A throw back.

Also want him to have the "Man, I'm much better looking than you" win line back lol.

I second the request for SC2's 4A+B. If it retains the cancel, it should be BB punishable on block at the very least.

The one addition i'd like to see to Yun for sure is better stepkill. He's lacking that bigtime. Sucky stepkillers seems common among the lower tier characters.

I just hope they get him closer to how he played in Soul Calibur II. I remember loving his rushes, his stance high/low mixes...

...then SC III KILLED HIM! Ugh! Sets easily replaced him for me. He's alright in IV but ever since II he just doesn't seem as tough as he was back then. Was hoping IV would save him like it did Mitsu. :\

Not a SC IV Yeong-Sung player so can't give expert advice. I just wish his moves had the same "flow" as they did in II and he gets as far away from his III play style as possible.

SC3 Yun was actually the best from a solidity standpoint. SC2 Yun was a good design but he just didn't work well for that game. SC4 Yun is more of a concept and has the best Crane. SC2 Crane seemed aite. SC3 Crane was trash (great frames don't matter with no mixups). SC4 Crane has each move with a purpose. BD buffed him very sensibly. Frames that make sense and a nerf to his CF game accordingly. I however don't support his 184 damage wall combo in BD. If he returns all I request is moves to fit his personality. Everything will work out from there.

• Make 11K safe
  • Give him a new 33K
  • Get rid of 11B's tech jump property
  • Get rid of 66A+B's tech jump property
  • 44A needs to be safe or safer
  • 44B should give an actual stun please
  • 3K non-transition should be a safe poke
  • More BT B+K combos, I like them
  • CH of 2nd of 6KK should give a +12 shake stun
  • More + frames on CH 4K
  • Add 22[A] for a new CR transition
  • CH 1KK should launch high enough for KK to combo
  • Add 1K4K to new attacks
  • 2BK combo should never whiff
  • Increase IMP window on 6A+B
  • 66B+K should re-launch midair opponents like Cassandra's A+B and leave Yun BT'd after
  • 8K;K;K;K should at least give 1K or 66K as a combo after the ground stun
Picture this combo: 236KK, 66B+K, BT B+K, 8K;K;K;K, 1K2K...

Landwalk and craneswoop, anybody? God, I missed those in SCIV...

1K, K should hit low-mid, not low-high. The high is useless because they'll be anticipating the low already. I only use this move when I fumble the cancel, lol.

2A should be a low, none of this special low bullshit.

More unblockables? Why does it seem that Yun is the only char with only 1 unblockable?

More mixups? It seems that all I can do is poke or try to set up for the same predictable combos over and over. The 1K, K change I mentioned would help, but I want more stuff to keep my opponents guessing!

Pretty much the rest of my suggestions have been mentioned already. Just making him all-around safer would benefit immensely (which apparently has been done in BD, but I don't own a PSP).

Landwalk

2A should be a low, none of this special low bullshit.

More unblockables? Why does it seem that Yun is the only char with only 1 unblockable?

1) No thanks... 4B+K pretty much accomplishes what Landwalk did in SC2.
2) Most 2A's are special mids/lows... Exceptions are Kilik, Sieg, NM, Asta, Mina, and Rock.
3) Maybe, it couldn't hurt I guess... lol CR UB.

But yes, CR Swoop would be nice.

SC2 Crane stance design was the the best, it's pity they changed it in SC3 and SC4, i wish it back.

More + moves on hit

More safety. Whether it be less frames on block or more pushback on block.

Stepkillers?

I get the feeling that Yun doesn't really need much...but then again I have the feeling sc5 will be a completely different type of game. Same mindset might not even apply to this character. If he's still in the next game that is.

Other than the things mentioned like 3K (SC3), LW and CRS, 11K (SC3, so that you can followup with WS K), etc.
Yun has a great GB game in SC2. I wish Soul Charge to be back. Weird no one mentioned 33 (SC2). His old 4A (SC2) has a good amount of step and its somewhat trash in SC4.

- Adjust Crane options : SCIV crane pressing doesn't really exist, bc Step&duck grd kills every yun options. CR K:G gives a good frames advantage, but is useless...one step and opponent is in our back...very hard to press that way. At least CR B+K~G should give us a real bt option, not a simple neutral situation. I d say CR A+K faster or CR 2KK should kill steps. CR K TJ properties should be increased to kill 2A interrupters, and when CR K hit during a 2A, it should be CH!!! There is a big work to do with this stance to make it usefull.
- HITSTUNS!!! Why Yun does have so poor hitstuns? BB, AA, 4K, KK, KKB... One of the biggest problems. You hit, then you gard..sh*t. I dream every day that Sophitia has same hitstuns than Yun!
- Kill linearity. Many moves of Yun are slow and linear (6B~, 11B, 22B, 44A...), and unsafe. I'd like a sort of Sophi 66A.
- A few tricks, Auto-gis, stance throws, UB taunt, or something like this...
- Current useless moves should be replaced : 22AB, 4BK, 2B+K(this one is good, but existing by 6KK series), 33K...

But actually, i like SCIV Yun, with great TCs and CH fishers (44K, 1A CH...), nice TJs (9B+K), decent throws, decent pokes (1K, 4K). Adjustments would be enough for me, i like the current idea of the chara. We could ask for a safer chara...but it wouldn't be fun ^^

More + moves on hit

More safety. Whether it be less frames on block or more pushback on block.

Stepkillers?

I get the feeling that Yun doesn't really need much...but then again I have the feeling sc5 will be a completely different type of game. Same mindset might not even apply to this character. If he's still in the next game that is.

Indeed. I''m pretty confident that he will be in the next game & hopefully he goes up a tier. Yun in SCIV is too simplistic.

- Adjust Crane options : SCIV crane pressing doesn't really exist, bc Step&duck grd kills every yun options. CR K:G gives a good frames advantage, but is useless...one step and opponent is in our back...very hard to press that way. At least CR B+K~G should give us a real bt option, not a simple neutral situation. I d say CR A+K faster or CR 2KK should kill steps. CR K TJ properties should be increased to kill 2A interrupters, and when CR K hit during a 2A, it should be CH!!! There is a big work to do with this stance to make it usefull.
- HITSTUNS!!! Why Yun does have so poor hitstuns? BB, AA, 4K, KK, KKB... One of the biggest problems. You hit, then you gard..sh*t. I dream every day that Sophitia has same hitstuns than Yun!
- Kill linearity. Many moves of Yun are slow and linear (6B~, 11B, 22B, 44A...), and unsafe. I'd like a sort of Sophi 66A.
- A few tricks, Auto-gis, stance throws, UB taunt, or something like this...
- Current useless moves should be replaced : 22AB, 4BK, 2B+K(this one is good, but existing by 6KK series), 33K...

But actually, i like SCIV Yun, with great TCs and CH fishers (44K, 1A CH...), nice TJs (9B+K), decent throws, decent pokes (1K, 4K). Adjustments would be enough for me, i like the current idea of the chara. We could ask for a safer chara...but it wouldn't be fun ^^

Actually I don't want my Yun to be safe either. I enjoy having to read my opponent and gamble a bit. But there should be a higher reward for this double edged playstyle. If other characters are safer and more damaging, what's the point of all the risks and worse frames anyway? Besides that he needs some real mixups, not this low/high crap. Last but not least, get rid of the bad frames on hit. I don't mind getting punished on block, but being reduced to defending on hit is sad.

Back