Yun-Seong Vids

Fiendchi's got a fun Yun :D However, I noticed that the embedded files on the post are playing only through the left speaker. When I play it on youtube, however, it's fine. Do you have the same problem? Maybe it's just this comp...

edit: I notice it only on the Fiendchi vs Tiamat vids :/ The others are working fine.

Yea that is weird. Don't know what to say about it tho lol. Wasn't expecting the links to turn into embedded players. The power of 8wayrun.

Maybe it is because of the recording method i use. I do not use both audio from the AV because of it, so maybe that is why.

if you actually go to the link directly it seems to play from both speakers though, how peculiar

Post updated with King Salmon stuff. Turned off embedded players unless members want them back on.

I definitely see Yun's your main F_Twilight. Nice play. You've picked up some stuff quickly. Can watch your vids again later and give more comments if you like. Oh yea I am the Yun mod here but also wanna be it over at CF. No part-time Yun for me lol.

Lol now i feel better losin to ya lol, got more up now vs novastar, also my tournament match today i'll try to record em too

Here's a couple of casual online matches I had with F_Twilight, thurge7121, and Ic3yEsc0bar_XL.

Riceholic(Yun) vs Ic3yEsc0bar_XL(Yoshi)
Ic3yEsc0bar_XL(Tira) vs Riceholic(Yun)
Ic3yEsc0bar_XL(Yun) vs Riceholic(Xianghua)
Ic3yEsc0bar_XL(Mitsurugi) vs Riceholic(Yun)

Riceholic(Yun) vs F_Twilight(Xianghua)
F_Twilight(Yun) vs Riceholic(Yun)
F_Twilight(Yun) vs Riceholic(Xianghua)

thurge7121(Yun) vs Riceholic(Yun)
thurge7121(Yun) vs F_Twilight(Yun)
thurge7121(Yun) vs F_Twilight(Kilik)
Riceholic(Yun) vs thurge7121(Yun)
thurge7121(Yun) vs Riceholic(Yun)

I forgot to put the music during the Ic3yEsc0bar matches, and the music used after is mine. If it's wonky to you, sorry. Blame my poor taste in music than. Enjoy.
Tips and constructive criticism accepted.

Oh yeah, sorry Mikosu I said I would do it, but I still can't duck the 2nd K on 236KK on reaction. Major props to you for doing that against me so many times. One day...One day.

44B, 44A, 6A+B, 2BK. (CR AB was the grounded hit, not sure if thats part of the combo or he was just doing that when he was ko'd)

Bingo, exact combo I use.
CR AB will usually hit for 91 dmg. If you do it immediately you can usually catch them. Or if you want to CR[A+B] for soul gauge damage(Though people can roll out of this, left or right). Course you have other options from CR after the 2BK.

new vids for you guys to rip and pick apart

Riceholic(Yun) vs Something_Unique(Kilik)

Not really much to say. I get my butt whooped. I think I was playing to timidly against Something_Unique. Just trying to stay out of Kilik's range instead of trying to stay within Yun's range. Also the fact that I think that Yun has a bad match-up against Kilik. What is this boards thoughts? Kilik vs Yun?

Riceholic(Yun) vs Nemesis-Kanden(Yun)
note: first vid has some sound and video problem. Not sure what happened, but it's from the original captured source so nothing I can do about it.

you can see NemesisK try out his "Green" Yun against me. Fun times had definitely.
Anyways, I swear we had some really long matches. I think our longest match lastest 4 mins(including opening and end). All I have to say is that, NemesisK must have some magical stun shake switch or something. 2nd to last vid first round, but how the heck did you shake out of Yun's 1[A] stun so quickly? it's like it didn't even stun you :).
Anyways, I had a lot of fun. Watching these vids, all the glaring little mistakes I made I can see. I've definitely learned from our matches.

As always, any comments or Constructive Criticism accepted

Looks pretty much like my own Yun and has the same problems against block and punishment. It is sad to see these games, because I think your Yun is definately better than mine and still can't beat the simple strategy of blocking high and winning by default.
I get the impression that it's almost impossible to play Yun seriously and the lack of people using him or posting vids is suspicious as well. I miss good lows, mixups and opportunities to deal some damage, when I'm not in crane. When I am though, everything seems to be punishable.

Looks pretty much like my own Yun and has the same problems against block and punishment. It is sad to see these games, because I think your Yun is definately better than mine and still can't beat the simple strategy of blocking high and winning by default.
I get the impression that it's almost impossible to play Yun seriously and the lack of people using him or posting vids is suspicious as well. I miss good lows, mixups and opportunities to deal some damage, when I'm not in crane. When I am though, everything seems to be punishable.

Don't knock so much on Yun. Honestly, the Yun player wasn't all that superb. The Raph match especially was hard to watch. He kept getting CH Prep A'd when he shouldn't have and then fell into a 50+ damage combo. He also kept eating lows from Raph that he honestly should've been able to block on reaction.
I also saw NO 6B mixups to build pressure, although that could've been because his opponent might have stepped it easily in earlier matchups, but it is a great tool to use every now and then.
The Nightmare fight, he was already at a disadavantage on such a small stage. He played well that round though, but again, with no really great ringout moves, he was at a disadvantage.

But you're right, Yun will never be played at a competitive level. He's lower-mid tier (Maybe mid if you really want to stretch it), and even mid tier characters can't really compete in tournaments. He's not a terrible character really, and he can be played just fine by casuals.

I don't mean to be a prick with this, but there's plenty to criticize about that Yun. My two main issues are this: one, he has a weird tendency to do repeat something that hits, i.e. KK _> KK, or A+K -> A+K. It's okay to do that sort of thing once, but multiple times? Also, remember that you don't have to enter CR from moves every time you do them. Seriously, 1K KG loses its magic if you do it all the time. Furthermore, don't do unsafe stuff after 44B. That shit is really easy to shake, so go for a safe mixup or a SG damager, not 33B, which leaves you at -20 something and BT, lol.

Last thing: Try not to do any kind of attack after 2A is blocked. It's -8, so you aren't hitting them out of anything if they're smart.

Back