Zasalamel: Sc5 Wishlist

Evil_Zutus

[09] Warrior
Zas can't stay behind in the discussion with sc5 on its way. So here are a few of the changes I would like to see for sc5. I understand zas was made more competitive in sc BD so that would serve as a good base to start off. Things like improved A A should stay, 1K being a good low with minor advantage on hit, etc.

First off they should expand on what makes him unique: the ability to control your opponents spacing. So expanding on draw moves and maybe adding more pushback moves is on top of the list. Regular moves should still have their use of course: being safer than draw moves on block, but giving less advantage on hit. (e.g B B in sc4 made no sense -15 on block, and -8 on NH and CH, vs B B4 -14 on block, and +4 on NH and CH / ws A being more unsafe than ws A4 etc.)

Ideas for moves with pushback:

6B+K 6 : on block would push out into 4A range with same advantage as the pull.
6A B 6: on block, idem

On hit no possibility to push out. This would increase zas's effectiveness against characters with very fast AA's and 2A's, who limit his options up close severly. Also making zas less predictable, having more options.

Zas has a small movelist, so adding a unique attack to every 8way run direction is essential:

11_77 A A: Zas's 1A A from sc3. A low sweep, punishable on block, but NC with the followup high, for the knockdown.

33_99 A: High horizontal, anti-step, attack throw, Zas would pick up the opponent with his scythe smashing them to the ground in front of him, like his A+G throw animation. Possibly adding the option to control the distance away from him by inputting 4 or 6 during the animation. Setting up some nice tech traps.

11_77 B B A: zas's sc4 1B B A, 1 B B is the low mid from sc3

For 33_99 K I'm not sure.

Other changes:

4 6 B+G command throw. Zas drives the handle of his scythe in the opponents abdomen. He had this in sc3. Shouldn't guarantee anything, but give advantage like sc4's 4K. It would be better with the A+G input, since you're practically forced to break throws with B when zas is with his back to the edge of the ring, but that might be a bit too much. Would give small damage.

Nergal just frames: like they are now. But doing no follow-up input would give advantage like having done the 4 6 B+G command throw.

bK and b:K : bK the same with pushout, b:K guarantees 4B:B or 66A+B follow-up on hit in all situations (so even outside stun and wall-combo's) Still unsafe on block to keep it from being too strong.

66 A+B4: I want this to do less damage than the regular move like in sc4, but Zas stays close to the opponent after hitting a downed opponent or during combo's allowing for BT mix-ups (no BT combo's, only BT combo during relaunch on launchers). I has this ability in sc4 but very inconsistently, e.g 22KK 66A+B4 is a combo, on certain characters he sticks close to them allowing a BT mixup, but not always (nightmare comes to mind, but as said it works only half the time)

Those are some of the changes and additions I would like to see. Zas should always be on the rather slow side, I don't mind having few good lows. But these additions would allow him to have some more setups leading to advantage and more ways to control the flow of the match.

zas is the guy that i felt lost a lot of his moves from sc3 (from my memory).

But he probably had the largest buffs in SCBD. The only change I didnt' like was making both hits of 6B+K connecting at far range, but the 2nd hit being GI'able on block.

I like Freaky's ideas in an earlier thread. One of my favorites was 4A/44A attack throw on natural hit. I don't have broken destiny though so my knowledge on how he got buffed is lacking. Do his lows actually give advantage now? Used to drive me crazy.

I think it would be neat if they played with the push/pull system more. Make pull moves unsafe but have good advantage, but push moves better on block but less advantage.

Make him safer, give his old 2A which is now BT 2A. Bring back his old out gi. Bring back his wr B gi. Make his pimp hand stun on ch. I already can do a lot with just this.

I've not played BD, so I can't comment on his status there, but seeing his transition from SC3 to SC4, it's obvious he lost much versatility.

I'd like to see him more well-rounded. Alot of his kicks and many of his horizontals are duckable. He needs more low and mid level A's and K's. I think's he's also to over-reliant on chancy counter hits. 4B:B CH should just become 4B:B. As far as adding variety, his 4A and 44A are pretty much the same thing, so these two different commands should offer two different options. 44K might be good with some GI properties, when he turns the scythe upside-down is when it could grow for auto GI.

What I like about Zasalamel is that he's not overloaded with a bunch of bells and whistles that serve no purpose. That said, he still needs more options and general well-roundedness. Less isn't always more.

Yeah, it seems like most Zas players get the gist of what needs to be done with him. His new style was good in SC4, but lacked refinement. BD moved him in the right direction, now Namco needs to explore new options without fundamentally changing his playstyle. For starters:

Moves to replace:
-6A+B series
-A+B
-66A
-1BBA series

Other people mentioned the real important stuff; improved safety, more spacing tools, command throw, improved lows, auto-GI. I'm interested to see the direction Namco takes with him in SC5 (assuming he's in it.) The basis is good, but his design in SC4 feels like an incomplete thought.

BD was more than the right track for Zas. For SC5 I hope they expand on this draw and + frame style of his character. It's ok to give him ridiculous frames on his draws. Some could even combo into pimphand. His lack of fearworthy mixups would be ok then. Better stepkill. Again this is a common weakness with low tier characters. All his stuff is side-specific which COULD be ok but atm isn't. I trust Namco. After they make him we'll balance him based on the atmosphere of SC5.

comments and corrections please

Idea:

I was wondering about a new move: 6BB. the animation would be like either a reverse 3B in SC4 or the B in 4AB from SC3

6B just like SC4

6BB, to correct 6BA( safe ish high) it should be about -13-15 on block but do good SG damage and damage

6BB6 would mainly be for zas to "draw" the opponent off the ledge. An RRO, if it lands with no RO it should grant about 3ish frames of advantage. decreased damage for this move. 2nd B would be somewhat similar to i think the [A] of ast were he is putting his opponent into a BT state with + frames. -14-16?

6BB4 an FT that leaves Zas into BT with about +2-3ish frames on block. Also draws the opponent into close range on block. average damage, but very weak SG damage

6BB4 should do a reverse KND on hit, putting Zas in middish range

I know that 66BB6 doesnt make sense to the rules of zas in SC4 (draw /spacing) i just didnt want the move to be too good because we are planning to have a balanced cast.

oh forgot to mention that the damage and SG damage of 6BA would have to be nerfed in order to correct the the elements of 6BB. not that it will happen, just trying to balance it out. (exaggerating)

I want japanese voice to be like in soul calibur 3, if posible an auto GI, and 8B+K i hope is safe if it hits the opponent, i think zas from BD was perfect.

-He have to depend less of counter hit properties;

-Bring back his 44K RO;

-Bring back the command throw 46B+G with stun property;

-More damage to 4B:B;

-Bring back his old 2A;

-Bring back (or put a new) an attack with backstep property.

-I prefer the ol' SC4's version of his 3AB (not BD); it makes sense on CH to drag the person far behind than on NH.
  • With that said on NH, just draw the opponent near him for mix-ups.
-The return of SC3's B+K for aGI.
-The return of SC3's 4B+K.
-More low options when using the scythe.

His A+B shouldn't be replaced it should just be improoved...
NC/ +0 on grd/ CH of last hit should give a +20 stun/ 3rd hit should be G cancelled/ 100% tracking...
An ideal wake-up tactic...

is there only a wrB and wrB6 command ? more 6 and 4 enders (probably more 6) would be good just to make those players who play by frames hesitate. Will a move have both a normal, 6 and a 4 command version ? Might be overkill.

Back