ZWEI top 10 moves

In these last few months ive nocticed a top 10 list to me becomes more and more harder to make because i can use more moves effectively than just 10, as i know i would end up missing out some cruical moves in his gameplan.

A move i wanna highlight is his 66B+K. Jokes aside this move can be used to get out some potenial 50/50s and swapping positions and the ring edge.

An example would be a unexpecting Cervantes player forcing you to block his 4B BE and plans to go for his basic grab, BT B+K mix up. 66B+K stops both these options.

Yes this move is death on block and short ranged requiring you to be in close kissing range with your opponent but in may just be an answer to some of those shitty situations you may find yourself in.

Other little mind game is if your in kissing range and your opponent knows about 66B+K's applacation then you may noctice that they suddenly stop attacking so recklessly all of a sudden- and being that in is a chance to get in some grabs!

Top 5 (because you ONLY need 5 moves to win with Zwei really)

1. 66A+B
Why: This move will break you in 7 and track like a bitch. The advantage doesn't even matter anymore. As long as the first hit connects even if the opponent JGs Ein, they're fucked, and there's nothing they can do about it. They try to GI, they can be GIed back. The only exeptions are Leixia and aPat's CE being able to kill this move.

2. KNF B
Why: an i20 GB move that will break you in 8, leave you at +4, and you can BARELY react to.

3. 1(B)
Why: everyone's favorite! and they're right. This move is his best tool if you use it correctly. Don't be a retard and throw it randomly. It's best used when it connects on hit. Aside from that, it breaks in 9 with hold version, or in 12 if you use the normal version.

4. A+B
Why: It will break you in 11, it's i19 which is fast compared to the damage it does. And what's awesome is that just because this move is punishable doesn't mean it will be punished every time. In fact, some characters even can't because of the pushback. Oh and let's not forget the range

5. 6A+B
This move has to be in the top 5... it just HAS TO. If you don't believe me, just ask Egg, ZombieBear, Tan, EyeofCalamity, or FinalLifeG, they know why this move is up here. And if you are fond of the poking game, you should know as well that this move is GODLY.

Also, I would like to throw in there PPS but the top 5 is full so... I'm just going to mention it as an addition.
Why: cuz PPS is da shit. PP B breaks in 9 and is +9 on GRD, cannot interrupt if you don't have fast moves. Aside from that, if they see you're attempting PPS, they will think you're going for PP B, in which case just do the hold version. Mind fucked!! Oh yeah but just as highlight, PPS should be up there because it's a bag of tricks.

1. 66A+B
Why: This move will break you in 7 and track like a bitch. The advantage doesn't even matter anymore. As long as the first hit connects even if the opponent JGs Ein, they're fucked, and there's nothing they can do about it. They try to GI, they can be GIed back. The only exeptions are Leixia and aPat's CE being able to kill this move.

There is one more option. You can bait the GI and force a whiffed GI by doing

66A+B~ Release -> G+K`G

Ein will disappear as Zwei snaps his fingers. If done correctly You have just wasted their meter and you are now at about +5 I think.

4. A+B
Why: It will break you in 11, it's i19 which is fast compared to the damage it does. And what's awesome is that just because this move is punishable doesn't mean it will be punished every time. In fact, some characters even can't because of the pushback. Oh and let's not forget the range

I love what you said at the end because it is true. Not everyone can punnish it. The risk reward of this move is fantastic.... of course it all depends on who you are up against.

stats for A+B are i19/ -16 on block / -24 on JG amd 40 Damage.

Charecters to avoid using this on

Pyrra and Pyrra Omega - her 236 B will rape you if you try using this cold, The move ain't nicknamed Rape Dicks for nothing

Cerventes - Cervys 3B will always hit after A+B is blocked. Keep that in mind when you fight him.

Mitsu - mitsus 236B will punnish this

Raph - can always 3B~BB back

Natsu - She gets a 66A punnish into a mix as far as I can find.

apat - gets fc 1bA I think.

Im pretty sure thats it though. It is a solid move with great pushback. Just be careful against the wall, all sorts of things will punnish you if that push back is compromised.

5. 6A+B
This move has to be in the top 5... it just HAS TO. If you don't believe me, just ask Egg, ZombieBear, Tan, EyeofCalamity, or FinalLifeG, they know why this move is up here. And if you are fond of the poking game, you should know as well that this move is GODLY.

Also, I would like to throw in there PPS but the top 5 is full so... I'm just going to mention it as an addition.
Why: cuz PPS is da shit. PP B breaks in 9 and is +9 on GRD, cannot interrupt if you don't have fast moves. Aside from that, if they see you're attempting PPS, they will think you're going for PP B, in which case just do the hold version. Mind fucked!! Oh yeah but just as highlight, PPS should be up there because it's a bag of tricks.

I cannot argue abut 6A+B. Move is so good. It even bounces algol bubbles back free of charge.

You should elaborate on this "bag of tricks" and how to gain access to it. I am so curious.

apat - gets fc 1bA I think.
No he gets iTwist x2
You should elaborate on this "bag of tricks" and how to gain access to it. I am so curious.
Sure. These are things you can get out of PPS:
1. PP A
2. PP B
3. PP
4. (PP)
5. (PP A)
6. (PP) KNF B
7. (PP) A+G
8. (PP) (any A input)
9. No Ein ~ PPS Faint
10. No Ein ~ PP A
11. No Ein ~ PP B
12. B+K* PPS glitch

And my all time favorite that also happens to be the hardest non-JF JF-UB
13. (PP) 1A

For those of you that don't know, you can actually create a manual UB with 1A. In fact, Zwei is the only character in the game that can do this. By doing (PP) and timing its release in perfection with 1A's motion, it's impossible to block both low and mid hit at the same time, you can't JG either. And so this is the only manual unblockable set up in the game. But you will get it to work (perfectly at least) 1/50 times. Yes... it's that hard.

Try it: set up the P2 in training mode to "Block-All" and do the manual UB set up. You will know it worked and you did it perfectly because EVEN THOUGH IT IS RECORDED AS BLOCKED, the opponent will show the hit notification and will take the damage.

In training mode it's very glitchy, but in actual battle it just can't be blocked.

What is PP????
Pied Piper
PP.PNG

When would you use this move, anyone can standing K to interupt it and second hit doesn't track so even a slight side step beats it off
I play a zwei who pokes, why is then 6A+B godlike?

I cannot argue abut 6A+B. Move is so good. It even bounces algol bubbles back free of charge.
Holy hell. I actually didn't know that, then I tried it online and am now absolutely giddy with happiness for some reason. I'm going to try to bait Algols into bubble-blowing from now on just so I can practice it more.
This is a great thread, lots to learn!

Holy hell. I actually didn't know that, then I tried it online and am now absolutely giddy with happiness for some reason. I'm going to try to bait Algols into bubble-blowing from now on just so I can practice it more.
This is a great thread, lots to learn!

only reason I found that is because pyrra and pyrra omega can a+b the bubbles back.

6A+B can repel Viola's mid-orb too. But unfortunately, it only works under certain specific conditions. Not like Pyrrha

6A+B can repel Viola's mid-orb too. But unfortunately, it only works under certain specific conditions. Not like Pyrrha
The 6A+B can repel the Orb in 6B+K~3A*3K and 6B+K~1K setups on block. You can also JG the first Orb hit from 44A BE and 6A+B the 2nd hit. Its possible to 6A+B the 2nd hit of Set 4A+B as well which (like 44A BE) can be cancelled by 6B+K. Be careful in GI'ing her Orb setups.

So, we hve been playing this game for about 2 years now. Im sure everyones top 10's have changed. Speaking of which. Here is my new top 10. You guys might be shocked. But fear not I will explain my choices. I am not including pokes, no BB,AA,(A),2K etc. His pokes are vital to win but they are not his best move. (B) is an honorary 11th.

1. 66A+B - Yeah it is hands down one of the best moves in the game if not the best. Its on par with Pyra's AS B and Pats 66B etc. It has one draw back, It is a linear move. The key to making zwei into a power house is to figure out how to force your opponent to block as many of this attack as you can make them block. I will explain the moves that will help this moved to landed without fail 100%.

2. 214B - This move is bad ass. Yes it can be stepped if just used cold or in a Flow Chart situation. But The attributes of this move and the technical nature of how to ue it easily make it his best way to gain advantage. Draw backs are Its linear and does not hit grounded. However, If you use 214 and delay the B when someone techs, This move will track them and put you at advantage. This move also leads into nasy combos and can open the opponent up to tons of daamage if yu Have Ein Cocked and ready to attack. Classic trick is B+K BE 214V. If the B is blocked Ein will hit them, If 214 B hits Ein will hit them and then you can do a super. Easy choice for Number 2.

3. 1A - Whoa whoa whoa, An i30 move that is unsafe as fucking hell? Yes this is number 3. Here is why. 1A has 3 functios.

(1)If used in a Juggle combo, You will be put at +17~ while they are grounde. 66A+B must be blocked or interupted and cannot be avoided after 1A hits in a Juggle. This situation will scare the hell out of good players.

(2)Off of 3A BE and CH 6A, 1A is a Tech trap that catchs all directions. There are more tech traps to be utilized

(3) This move can Guard Burst and lead to massive damage. Try doing 1A to someone in Code red and then when the burst do WR B. Note, Make sure theyare in code red 2 where the bar is blinking red thn you attack and th Bar Flashs red, Thats when you can use 1A to burst them.

4. 1K BE I use this move a lot. This is one of his moves that can just win you the match with a random RO. A solid move all around. Costs meter though.

5. B+K This is your spacing tool. This move is God like in certain mathcups.

6. A+B This move is similar to the above. In certrain matchups this Move is God Tier, In matchups where someone has a fast punnisher like Pyrras AS B then it becomes risky.
vs Xiba A+B will keep hm out, Xiba has no easymethod to punnish this attack.

7. 3AA This is your only move that hits Zontal and Mid. All around this move is fairly solid as long as you dont use it mindlessly.

8.1(B) Seies can be very very good, Or very very bad. Against a fast punnisher and the wrong range, You are in trouble. When used in Juggles or to catch CH is when this move gets good. 3B 1(B) is great setup for example. 1B also Guard Bursts and leads to very good damage when this happens. This move is also very good way to Fish with Ein. If Ein hits, all sorts of things can hit afterwards.

9.4(A) This move is just like 1B. If you block 4A and attack quickly or step, this move becomes useless. This move however is very good on Normal hit. A great Mind Game develops from usage of this move. A great tool but tends to only be useful at certain times.

10. 6B This move is completly over looked. The draw back is that it does hardly any damage and its a high. But its fast and on CH you are put at +11. This move is amazing during Zwei's Vorted Flow Chart Attacks. If yu can predict a risky counter by an opponent durng your Vortex then you are rewarded with +11 which will allow you to continue the vortex.

Last edited:
So, we hve been playing this game for about 2 years now. Im sure everyones top 10's have changed. Speaking of which. Here is my new top 10. You guys might be shocked. But fear not I will explain my choices. I am not including pokes, no BB,AA,(A),2K etc. His pokes are vital to win but they are not his best move. (B) is an honorary 11th.

1. 66A+B - Yeah it is hands down one of the best moves in the game if not the best. Its on par with Pyra's AS B and Pats 66B etc. It has one draw back, It is a linear move. The key to making zwei into a power house is to figure out how to force your opponent to block as many of this attack as you can make them block. I will explain the moves that will help this moved to landed without fail 100%.

2. 214B - This move is bad ass. Yes it can be stepped if just used cold or in a Flow Chart situation. But The attributes of this move and the technical nature of how to ue it easily make it his best way to gain advantage. Draw backs are Its linear and does not hit grounded. However, If you use 214 and delay the B when someone techs, This move will track them and put you at advantage. This move also leads into nasy combos and can open the opponent up to tons of daamage if yu Have Ein Cocked and ready to attack. Classic trick is B+K BE 214V. If the B is blocked Ein will hit them, If 214 B hits Ein will hit them and then you can do a super. Easy choice for Number 2.

3. 1A - Whoa whoa whoa, An i30 move that is unsafe as fucking hell? Yes this is number 3. Here is why. 1A has 3 functios.

(1)If used in a Juggle combo, You will be put at +17~ while they are grounde. 66A+B must be blocked or interupted and cannot be avoided after 1A hits in a Juggle. This situation will scare the hell out of good players.

(2)Off of 3A BE and CH 6A, 1A is a Tech trap that catchs all directions. There are more tech traps to be utilized

(3) This move can Guard Burst and lead to massive damage. Try doing 1A to someone in Code red and then when the burst do WR B. Note, Make sure theyare in code red 2 where the bar is blinking red thn you attack and th Bar Flashs red, Thats when you can use 1A to burst them.

4. 1K BE I use this move a lot. This is one of his moves that can just win you the match with a random RO. A solid move all around. Costs meter though.

5. B+K This is your spacing tool. This move is God like in certain mathcups.

6. A+B This move is similar to the above. In certrain matchups this Move is God Tier, In matchups where someone has a fast punnisher like Pyrras AS B then it becomes risky.
vs Xiba A+B will keep hm out, Xiba has no easymethod to punnish this attack.

7. 3AA This is your only move that hits Zontal and Mid. All around this move is fairly solid as long as you dont use it mindlessly.

8.1(B) Seies can be very very good, Or very very bad. Against a fast punnisher and the wrong range, You are in trouble. When used in Juggles or to catch CH is when this move gets good. 3B 1(B) is great setup for example. 1B also Guard Bursts and leads to very good damage when this happens. This move is also very good way to Fish with Ein. If Ein hits, all sorts of things can hit afterwards.

9.4(A) This move is just like 1B. If you block 4A and attack quickly or step, this move becomes useless. This move however is very good on Normal hit. A great Mind Game develops from usage of this move. A great tool but tends to only be useful at certain times.

10. 6B This move is completly over looked. The draw back is that it does hardly any damage and its a high. But its fast and on CH you are put at +11. This move is amazing during Zwei's Vorted Flow Chart Attacks. If yu can predict a risky counter by an opponent durng your Vortex then you are rewarded with +11 which will allow you to continue the vortex.
Nice list how about B+K BE?

Nice list how about B+K BE?

Its easily in the top 15. This move does heave damage and leads to death combos if used at certain times. Its a great move. Draw backs of the move would be that it is only as good as the user uses it, and it can be predictable and GI'd at crucial times.

I feel it is a move that helps you gain an advantage early on but it becomes a liablity based on how much meter they have. Since it costs meter as well that puts into the B tier move set imo.

Last edited:
Back