a:g:A timing

@LGInifinite: First, you got to figure the purpose and differences between a+kA and 22_88kA (kA for short).

a+kA is very hard to perform from a neutral state, as it is a "two-frame" input (its better to think of this move as being this fast to excecute, it helps to perform mentally). It's better to use this input as buffering during the recover of a move for frame-traps like after SCH'[ B ]_ka2A, or to combo after CHit-SSH'K.

kA is very easy to perform during side stepping. In quick-need occations, you can 22kA right away. Its easier than a+kA because you can do kA fast with no problem by using the "piano-press" technique; were you press multiple button in a fast "scale roll". With arcade stick, just slide-input your ring ( k ) and index ( A ) fingers while side stepping or right after inputting 22 or 88.
But this method is not reliable for frame-trapping and for combo follow ups. It requires more to time the recovery to match the 22_88 input.

So, it simply goes like this:
Use a+kA for quick follow ups during recovey.
Use kA for any other situation.

Also note that depending on how is your speed while perform 22_88kA, from visable stepping into attack, it might give a hint to your opponent of when you are about to do it. If the knows this move, they will crouch to duck under the high or to guard the low, and punish you. Keep an eye in this matter, as it can be used to expand your MixUp. "If they know the tell, give them a lie." ~Jink~

On controler pad button mapping: Place A and K on top of one or the other, like...
A = [] or /\
K = X or O
or
K = [] or /\
A = X or O
...so that way you can "thumb-tip" or "tip-thumb" slide input it. By thumb-tip I mean pressing k with the middle of your thumb, and A with the tip of your thumb. And viseversa. Its suuuuuper easy like this.

I have enough trouble trying to do the normal version of this move, let alone the JF version. Either I get a neutral A or a grab attempt. I'd be happy if I could just do the regular one.

Do you pad or stick? How you do the move depends a lot on which format you're using.

I'm usually a pad warrior, but I've become a stick fighter for the purposes of this game. For some reason, it seems like it's harder for me to do certain button presses without mapping some of the buttons together. That and I wanted to get back into fighting with a stick since I gave it up long ago when I wasn't around anyone who I could play MvsC2 with. That was the one game I absolutely had to have a stick for. I could play every other fighting game without one, but I wanted to try to get back in the habit of using a stick.

Today I was planning on trying to put the input in a different way. I will slide my index finger from top to bottom hitting A then G and following behind it immediately hitting A again. I've watched some videos of ChangFD doing these inputs and others on youtube and I still can't see exactly how it's done.

I think my biggest problem is the timing. I was trying to do it with one finger which is obviously not working for me even 10% of the time. I think I also misunderstood the input. I've been trying to do a:G:a. Do you really have to hold the A button at the end? Seems kind of strange for an input that's supposed to be fast. You don't hold B while doing 3a:B: for Sets. I've never done the JFUmbrella, but I can get the normal one to come out pretty good. Still, when I do a:G:a I'm doing it as fast as... I can at least which is obviously not fast enough.

On Arcade stick: Set your index finger for A, your thumb for G, and place them in a way so that when lower your hand, index will press A slightly before thumb presses G, like pressing a+G instead of A+G. Then tap A again immediately after the 1st press. By doing that, you'll be converting a three-tap input into a two to one-tap input. a+G~a.

Ok, I am now at 100% with this move using Nightmare. YAY ME!!! With Sigfried, not so much. This same technique doesn't work for his version for some reason. What the hell is that??? I may post a video later to show you what I'm talking about. I find this very strange. I'm doing the same exact input, but it just wont work for Siggy.

Nightmare's agA is easier. Do what I told you with Sig, that's how I do agA all the time with arcade, it works.

Ok, I am now at 100% with this move using Nightmare. YAY ME!!! With Sigfried, not so much. This same technique doesn't work for his version for some reason. What the hell is that??? I may post a video later to show you what I'm talking about. I find this very strange. I'm doing the same exact input, but it just wont work for Siggy.

The version you are doing for Nightmare is A:A+G meaning you press A then you A throw, if you map the A Throw to any button and just pressed A before you press it, it will do this version of the move.

Siegfried doesn't have this move,so like any other character if you press A then throw he will do A canceled into Normal throw. he has A:G:A not A:A+G. NM has both versions though.

Im just now trying to use this move in my game, question is, when exactly do i use it? Gimme some situations

thnx

agA purposes:
1. Anti step
2. Guard advantage at close to tip range
3. RO to Sig's left

About a+ka2A, it's really slow but the fake-out animation puts fear into interrupting it, so the opponent blocks it and you're at -18, yeah +8 is great on hit, but on block it's pretty bad and easy to see coming...
I prefer a+kA2A > a+ka2A, it still gives advantage (+2 on hit I beleive), it still can KND on CH, and it's only punishable by 3 attacks in the game (Yoshi's FC 2aB, Amy's, 6b, and Ivy's SW 4B) because it is -12 on grd... If the opponent gets smart you can follow through with the last Low sweep in the string also... + a+kA2A is a NC... and a+kA is i15 at it's fastest input and better than 3B into SCH for mixups... a+kA alone is still one of the best attacks in the game, -10 on grd, +10 on hit/ CH, and great range... If only there was an a+kK...
aG:A is just faster and flashier, and I don't think it should be held into SSH unless it hits a midair opponent because the stance transition on grd is very much punishable... When my controller is set up for it, I slide Y to B and hit my LT (A+B) for the JF...

A+K:a is the same as 3 on block at -5 and is +12~13 on hit which guarantees SCH kk or SCH a depending on range. ag[a] is -8 on block AND IF YOU a:G:a a midair opponent they are launched too far to the left for SRSH to be of any use, even if they wallsplat your better off doing a:G:a W! 3b for more damage than SRSh would offer.

Interesting point you make with A+K:a2a being advantageous and it can be used because this move is rarley seen however because its a high to low with no high to mid mixup potential after a while you will just be handing over advantage to your opponent. Il need to test if the low can be jumped or not, if it can then at high level play the move is next to useless due to 8bs and the frame aadvantage jumping lows offers.

Yeah it can be jumped I'm not too sure but leaning more towards it being jumped you know?
But you can also mixup with a+kAA, and a+kAAB (last 2 hits) on a midair opponent aren't too air-controllable + gives good oki...
Yeah, a:GA should never really be held into the stance, the just frame version is actually 2 frames worse than the original when transitioning into SSH... My favorite thing now is to bait a CH SSH K, for this combo:
CH SSH K, a+k[A], SCH kB, SBH B~T!, a:GA, W!, iFC A+G*B+G... Pretty funny stuff, I don't know much about a:GA wall combos, but I do know they're powerful and very useful, guess I'll go take a look...
Something I never understood, a+ka2AA is a NCC but A+Ka2AA (last 2 hits) is a NC, why? They're both the same attacks nothing different... Oh, I believe A+KK should be + frames on hit and safe~ish (around -11~-13 on grd)...

... I find SSH k A+K:a really hard to do consistantly. I usually just do 66ka or 6a depending on ring position.

If you dont know much about agA wall combos then
. Australias own LGInfinite did this 6 months back. Too bad he is retired for now

Yeah, pretty cool combos, thanks man... Great adittion to this thread too, if there is anymore I'd appreciate it being posted in here... SBH A could really make some nasty a:GA wall combos, and (tip range) CH SSH B, a:GA works too...
It also looks like a:GA, W!, 11, SCH k, SBH B~T!, a:GA, W!, 11, SCH k, SBH B etc, can be an infinite tech trap...
On the note of CH SSH K, a+kA combo, it's the only thing I can do right I guess... I posted this before CH SSH K, a+kA2A, 1AA~T!, is also great for ring outs on techers who aren't familiar with this tech trap, and at close range (like near a wall if they didn't get ringed-out) 3A tech's F/ B/ R directions and 3B will combo, I got 2 ring outs in a match in a row with this, hilarious, you don't have to be that close to the edge maybe about 5~6 back dashes away...
Sig takes 11 Back Dashes to reach full screen distance from the opponent... a:GA's range is 3, meaning any further and it whiffs...

Interesting point you make with A+K:a2a being advantageous and it can be used because this move is rarley seen however because its a high to low with no high to mid mixup potential after a while you will just be handing over advantage to your opponent. Il need to test if the low can be jumped or not, if it can then at high level play the move is next to useless due to 8bs and the frame aadvantage jumping lows offers.

kA2A and k[A]~SCH'B isn't a MixUp? It works well for me. After a few kA2As the opponent's low Grd gamble is set. If the opponents tries to jump kA2A, Sig can do kA[A] or k[A]~SCH'K. kA2A being safe against many and only punishable by 3 characters (Thanks ZombieBear) with minor damage, is a big thing for Sig.

kA[A] is good for SSH's MixUps, with the proper range for against different characters it can work smoothly. IMO, kA strings > agA. Long ago in the old calibur furoms, I've posted nearly all kA possibilities, maybe its still there...

For those who's opponents are spotting your ka:2A, try doing A~G~1B. The animations of Grounder Beta and 1B are very similar in the way Sig moves the sword, and the A~G before 1B work to simulate the "fake" animation ka:2A has. It works against spotters, try it.

You really think A+K:a2a abd A+K:[a] SCH k is a good mixup? You only play online right? It is 100% safe I will give you that but I really doubt it will be effective against a frequently played opponent offline.

Jesus I wish I was near a copy of SC that sounds like a good idea Jink, faint into 1b. I love 1b but I cant use it as a grab mixup anymore against the people I play. The animation is just under half a second thus is easily seen. LOL once Papy Danoe was going to perfect me in the last round of a in house tourney and I 1bed him out.

Sadly, yes, I've been playing online for months -excluding my 7 month period without PS3-. But at least I've encountered some high/top players from around here and we were lucky enough to have 5bars, no lag during matches. Although the connection tends to fall sometimes.
Lol, bed him out.

a+k[A] being +21 on grd turns SCH K into an i15, so standard AA's and K's will interrupt, but against Yoshi, Amy, Taki, Xianghua, Sophitia, Astaroth, and Ivy (in SW) you should be hesitant in using this... Switching to A+K[A], SCH K is i13, it's safer but it doesn't really get rid of anybody, it should be used more often in these machups than a+k[A] however because of the extra 2 frame grd advantage... Finally, WR (the best SCH transition), SCH K is i12 on grd, limiting Taki, Amy, X, Yoshi, and Ivy from interrupting, this transition is easier to see coming and can be more easily interrupted in that sense because there aren't any mixups off of it, in Ivy's case her i12 SW 1A will clash and trade off in her favor (thanks to NOFACEKILLER for pointing that out)... Anyways on topic, a+kA slide input is a good option after a:GA against most but not all characters...
@ Jink,
4 characters, forgot Setsuka [FC 3a:B] = i12... (I know what you're thinking but Asta's 6A is not worth it and doesn't reach in the open)

@ZombieBear
Yep Asta's 6A tends to fail by range if Sig attacked at tip range. Overall, most of time is best to keep the fight at the tip of the sword. By doing so, Sig can sustain more options at zoning-vs-stance situations.

Against other characters using their AAs and Ks to gamble+interrupt Sig's k[A]~SCH'MixUp, Sig can use normal [A]~SSH'Step back and punish the opponent's whiffed AAs and Ks attempts. Its almost impossible to tell the difference between a simple [A] going into SSH or SCH, on time. Mastering and spamming kA strings and MixUps are good to survived and lead the fight against top players, special against an Anti-Sig player.

Back