Algol for SCV?

Should Algol be in SCV? Do you think he will be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the support seph I really appreciate it. Look Bubbles, your right i don't know the match up very well ( he is a banned after all ) but I do know what makes a game broken. If a character has infinites, that makes him a broken character, no matter how circumstantial these are. My idea might have been bad but instead of getting your fan boy panties up in a bunch and insulting me why don't you tell me why it's such a bad idea? I understand you have been hearing crap about your main for the last three years but you really gotta chill man. The general animosity towards the bubbles might be misinformed but like seph said it reflects what the community thinks of them. If they are not that good of a tool and you won't abuse them then why would you get mad about having a bar?
I wasn't trying to be insulting btw but it came off that way because I used the word "scrubiest"
I'm just against catering to people who don't learn in response to why im against a meter

Yo senzait the bar is a lame because algol shouldn't be laying bubbles that much anyways. So the bubble bar could end up either being too harsh and ripping the character off(he does 2[A+B] then 4A+B for the purpose of causing a reaction, they leave themselves open so he gets 1B, 2A+B but because he has used bubbles earlier he enters the stagger and drops the combo for using basic baiting tools) or it wont change anything and is just an unnecessary addition separating him even more from the cast ending up with him still banned.
I'd like to try and help you understand Bubbles hostility as a natural defense. Bubbles has been written off as anything from a tier whore(despite using Maxi just as much) to lacking any skill because his character choice. He plays algol because the character has powerful spacing tools and great safe pokes, probably likes him but I'm not sure on that. After years of hearing people half informed telling him a character he has put a lot of work into is brain dead/over powered/cheap etc has worn down his ability to sympathize so he's pretty blunt. Then again he tends to be blunt as a person in general lol

I think he would be a great addition, they just need to handle the bubble differently. Having a restriction of how often they can be used (like a meter), or how you can fire them would fix it.

I think he would be a great addition, they just need to handle the bubble differently. Having a restriction of how often they can be used (like a meter), or how you can fire them would fix it.
going to repeat myself
WORST.IDEA.EVER
won't solve a damn thing

Let me put this into perspective: Ivy SE A+K is 20 frames slower..... no one fucking uses that move it won't matter 1 fucking bit...Its the same as giving algol a bubble meter. GOOD algols won't use bubbles in a lot of situations outside of oki or at full screen and even at full screen I'll use 1 4(A+B)>2(A+B) or 6(A+B) and then run in. IDK about everyone in this whine happy community but I for one Don't like nerfs for the sake of nerfs

I'm closing the thread because this is not a constructive conversation and it is extremely unlikely Algol will be making it into SC5. Of course, in the event he does get confirmed for SC5 there will be justification for re-opening the thread.

let it be known I didn't close this glad to see someone else thinks this thread is retarded(not just me and idlemind), no its not being re-opened...
Not all opinions are created equal....when I first came to this site no one cared what I had to say because I didn't have a clue what I was talking about...what happened to that policy? I guess when it comes to a character you don't like as long as it makes them look bad you turn a blind eye. Why should people who don't have a clue about how he plays give suggestions? Thats how over nerfs happen...As much as I hate to admit it...he probably won't be in SC5

Simple request, need some canon story expert :D

He's supposed to be dead in SC4 end?
Or still around but weaker?
Or come back human(i will like this,brown hairs intro version was badass)?
Or dead but Arcturus got resurrected?
Or he's magical turned into dodo?

Lol i will like so much see him become new Nightmare body, but 99% new Nightmare got greek boobs

Well, Tago said in an interview that he and Hilde's styles upset the balance of SCIV, and he said that he was goin' to make sure that he wouldn't let that happen again, so I kinda think that they're goin' to be out of the possible SCV roster now.

if no bad memories, algol awakened by the forces of soul edge and soul calibur and could only be in the tower and sword so she sought the order to be immortal so I think

Well, Tago said in an interview that he and Hilde's styles upset the balance of SCIV, and he said that he was goin' to make sure that he wouldn't let that happen again, so I kinda think that they're goin' to be out of the possible SCV roster now.

No i know, what i want understand is if story wise he may be still be around,maybe as no more suppa boss god-like powers. He was a reeeeally powerfull warrior also as simple human apparently

No i know, what i want understand is if story wise he may be still be around,maybe as no more suppa boss god-like powers. He was a reeeeally powerfull warrior also as simple human apparently
Well, in Sophie's endin' [I think hers is the main one that really matters], he doesn't die, saves her life, and disappears while still talkin' to her. So I think he could still be around.

My guess at this point is Hilde's ending is canon with some minor differences, since it's the only one where Siegfried doesn't die and goes back to a normal life. Obviously, it's Siegfried who defeats Nightmare instead of Hilde, but Siegfried doesn't die and Hilde pardons him for his sins and now he's no longer the emo deathseeker.
Sophitia's ending comes right after. With Nightmare defeated and Siegfried gone, she comes by to pick up Soul Edge and tries to destroy Soulcalibur with it. Assuming the Nightmare-gains-greek-boobs theory is correct, she doesn't destroy SC but ends up becoming possessed by Soul Edge.
Alternatively, she does and Tira's ending comes right after. This current Nightmare passes away, with Soulcalibur temporarily destroyed and putting the evil blade in stasis.

Algol, like Abyss, Night Terror, and Inferno before him, doesn't come into the picture.

LoL! OR they can just nerf her. There's no reason to throw her out of the roster

LoL! OR they can just nerf her. There's no reason to throw her out of the roster
....Yeah, you could be right, but the way they talked about her in this video sounded like they were goin' to cut her. Hopefully, that's not the case because I too think that her canon plays a big role in the next iteration. If she returns, I think she'll be one of the characters to receive a completely different style.

....Yeah, you could be right, but the way they talked about her in this video sounded like they were goin' to cut her. Hopefully, that's not the case because I too think that her canon plays a big role in the next iteration. If she returns, I think she'll be one of the characters to receive a completely different style.

We'll just have to wait and see. Me personally, i will get pissed if they cut her out but at least i will understand

i will be ok with it, but i hope they don't change her weapons,spear+sword was just sooooo cool

this is why I hate people complaining about imbalance
We don't know what he meant though, he could just mean he won't let anyone be over powered again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back