Death Star - Discussion/Q&A Sector

Darth Vader tips.

Anybody looking for Lord of the sith mirror matches or just matches in general hit me up.Psn id above

Darth Vader tips.

EDIT: oh why can't I add Vader as my primary character? :<
Are you talking about the character pictures next to the avatars? I too was wondering why the SW characters are missing from that.

Vader is pretty awesome and really fun to play, but I don't see him being really strong in the face of other characters that know their stuff. Vader barely has any useful lows, so he has to rely on UBs and Force cancels aside from throws, and even then, those moves are limited by his meter. Maybe if they patched him so he could use more force attacks he'd be a more solid character.

Death Star - Discussion Sector

I been browsing this board today and thought some post-GI strategy would be good.

Best move that doesn't require force for post-GI is probably 44B since it's unblockable post-GI. 4AA is lazy option if you suck. XD
For slow move to punish re-GI I'd suggest 11B because it's safe and gives decent combos.

if you know of better options post em up

3B+K same speed as 44B and guarantees 44B, or something else if you want. Obviously uses force but I'd hope most people don't guzzle enough to not be able to use this. 44B+K for the slow option since it'll net you into the 80s (60s at least) or if you don't want to use force maybe 11B.

I think if you want the good damage off post GI some force is gonna be needed because it's where the combos are at.

3B+K is that quick mid stab that uses force and kinda looks like a better version of 3B? that's good for sure, my bro mostly uses that and hits me every time

44B+K is good if you land it but risky if you guess wrong since it's blockable

Right I wouldn't say 44B+K is anything but a whiff punisher or a good option post-GI against re-GI.

If you prefer, the damage from 33B_33B+K not as high, but safer on block

question about Vader playstyle:

i play Vader somewhat up close, and i spam 1B/1BA for obvious reasons. if get a KD, i try to space as well as i can w/ his midrange tools, and use A+B,G/66A+K/11B if i feel like getting up close. but it seems that changing my Vader game to completely focus on spacing would get me killed less...

so what do you guys think is more effective - playing Vader at 1B range, or lightsaber tip range?

You wanna play between his swiping range and his throw range. IMO that's his comfort zone. He'd be pretty solid at mid to long range if it wasn't for his inherent linearity. But yeah, don't spam 1BA too much or your opponents will start punishing it; use it when you need to, not exactly as an outright attack.

EDIT: Found something that a lot of people might not know. 1A+B2_8 makes his mid UB fireball go slightly off axis to either side. Whiffs on opponents who don't step. I'm pretty sure the 2_8 has to be inputted fast.

EDIT EDIT: works for regular A+B as well (A+B2_8)

Darth Vader tips.

By force cancels does everyone mean like his B bG attacks n' stuff, or is there something else?

Darth Vader tips.

yeah force cancels are the G cancelled punch into force thrust or force cannon and the associated cancel from those.

Darth Vader tips.

<- A+B: A Force pickup. Use it after a knock down, then follow it with a -> A+B or launch combo, very useful

question about 4A+B pickup:

if you use 4A+B pickup by itself, how many frames of advantage does it give (if any)?

i was trying to think of new ways of saving force meter, maybe a throw would be a good one-time replacement for 4A+B followups.

Suirad found it to give him +10 on lift. But I should test that I assume. . just to lazy.

You have to watch whether they are face down or up when you do it though. Face down should be the bad one, gives disadvantage. Relevant posts are earlier in this thread.

Here is a vid of a tournament i went to last year, they only just added the vids to youtube and ive realised how much my play style has changed but i thought id post anyways so people could comment etc etc.

Saber Throw

I use it on occasion after a :B:+:G:,:A:+:B: force grip. It sets them up in a nice position if they try to counter attack immediate or try a GI right as they stand, as it misses from the lagged start-up. It's a little slow for practical usage though.

Saber Throw

I use it on occasion after a :B:+:G:,:A:+:B: force grip. It sets them up in a nice position if they try to counter attack immediate or try a GI right as they stand, as it misses from the lagged start-up. It's a little slow for practical usage though.

Yea i know it's just that it can do lots of damage if hold in but it drains your force.

Back