Double penetration - Hilde Combos

yea sorry about that post. i was learning hilde for the first time last night and i was a little drunk. i had a few minutes this morning before i got really busy and i tried again. it's actually a pretty easy juggle.

lol, whoops.

I dont know if this was mentioned before, here goes. After a 3BA u can do tiny step and do 1K for some extra dmg. The step is actually invissible :P

Actually, some stuff that I used to think could combo into 3BA can't: some characters can AC out of it. But a vanilla 3BA, 1KK seems like a valid combo.

Wouldn't you have to step forward though? 3BA seems like it puts a lot of distance, and I use it all the time to ring out.

Read a bit more carefully man ;p

I said u have to do a tiny step for the 1K to connect. Also only 1K connects not 1KK

Ok, from extensive testing last night - here is what I've found.

FC C3AKB B+K C2BB 6A+K 3BA then 33K is a tech trap. if they don't tech, it rings out almost as far as c2AA and does the same damage. Good luck on getting the timing 100% though.

Isn't that combo supposed to be FC C3AKB B+K C2BB C3A C2BB C2AA?

For those trying to do this combo, here's where you start the holds:

FC C3 A [A] K B, +K, C2 B, C3 A [A], C2 BB, C2AA.

Ignis, that combo doesn't work, after B+K, C2BB, it is IMPOSSIBLE to land C3A. It is either C2AA or the finisher I just posted. The reason I prefer the 6A+K rather than C2AA is because although it does not travelator slide (which if I need travelator I'd use C2AA) I get a Tech-Trap which people don't know about. People already know not to tech against C2BB, C2AA, but this is a new trap which people haven't seen before. And because it's hard to pull off, most people WON'T use and so few will ever see it.

Hm, never tested it; just thought it could work in theory. Forgot about how much distance B+K creates between hilde and the opponent.

Ok, from extensive testing last night - here is what I've found.

FC C3AKB B+K C2BB 6A+K 3BA then 33K is a tech trap. if they don't tech, it rings out almost as far as c2AA and does the same damage. Good luck on getting the timing 100% though.

Problem is they can just air control after the 6A+K and escape the 3BA from what I've tested so far. I'm trying to find an answer to not being able to combo astraroth (C2AA generally fails on him mid combo and c3A misses him off the C3B "doom' Combo. Was hoping to make this my solution but i've been able to air control out of it every time.)

Ok so after randomly missing c3b combos (the c3a part) I decided to go into training mode and try out abunch of things. I haven't seen this posted anywhere but I could just be blind, however I'll post it anyway.

I've now been able to hit Amy / Sophie with the entire doom combo 100% of the time from any range. I thought it was the c3a part that had to be timed specifically to make it happen, but I was wrong and thats why I missed it. It seems the key point to the entire thing is the 44k and not what I thought it was this whole time. In order to make the C3A guarantee hit you need to connect with the 44k at the highest point you can. For whatever reason this will cause the C3A to not whiff.

So far I've just tried it with the hardest hitbox characters. Rock / Vader / Asta are still immune to the combo, but for the past 20 minutes I have not missed one C3B combo on Amy / Sophie.

When I get back from work later tonight I am going to use this chart http://www.8wayrun.com/f28/c3-b-44k-chart-t394/ and test the rest of the hard to hit characters. If I missed this info being posted beforehand just ignore me and feel free to call me a blind scrub.

I didnt know why the c3 A was missing till yesterday, when i had some matches against Yoshi (it misses on him to) and noticed that about the 44K but wasnt so sure. Thanks for this one ;p

For some reason against Rock/Asta, I'm able to do C3A, C2BB, C3A, C2BB, C2AA. I've tried to get C3A, C2BB more than 3 times, but still haven't been able to.

Back