Glitches & Secret Moves

IvyFanboy

[11] Champion
I'm trying to find all of Ivy's secret moves and known issues witch tracking, hit boxes, etc.. So please post confirmed ones here.

Known Secret Moves:
  • CL A+BA+K - results in a stun rather than a juggle as listed by CL A+BA
  • CL CH AA+K - results in an attack grab if the second hit lands. Works in air as well
  • iCS - not listed in move list and does an additional 20 damage on top of the 80
  • WP 44BB+K - results in a much higher launch than 44BB allowing for new combos.
  • CL/WP g9B - Performs SW 9B
  • CL/WP 8+kB - performs SW 68B, Timing is very strict.
  • SW B+K:A+K, G - Will go into SE mode but cancel in CL instead of SW mode.
Glitches/Issues
  • CL 214(B) will occasionally track wrong and land you facing the wrong way
  • SW 214K can occasionally do the animation of a successful ground hit while the opponent is standing up and moving freely
  • Hitting B+K during CL on the recovery frames of some moves will land you in Serpent's Embrace
  • Hitting B+K during SE on the recovery frames of some moves will land you in Serpent's Embrace
  • WP BB will occasionally rotate the camera a 180 and other times not
  • WP BB will occasionally fail to grab the opponent in air on the second hit
  • SE A214A will occasionally miss the opponent on the second hit entirely
  • SW a+b[A+B] - It hides the flames on Ivy's unblockable until she attacks, and it otherwise has the same properties of SW [A+B], i.e. you can release it early, and it'll still be unblockable.
There are more but I can't recall them. Things such as hits whiffing through opponents for no reason

Known and Speculated Ivy glitches/secret moves

SW a+b[A+B]: It hides the flames on Ivy's unblockable until she attacks, and it otherwise has the same properties of SW [A+B], i.e. you can release it early, and it'll still be unblockable.

Added that and threw in some more updates.

I'm noticing the WP FC 3BA+B doesn't always launch even on counter hit and other times does. Anyone else notice this or does it takes extreme precision to launch?

Same as up close WP3B+K(holding A),3B+K. Sometimes it will stun them with the first hit and do a follow up CH on the second one and sometimes they get out of stun early and avoid it (in practice mode, so I don't think they're shaking the stun)

Also suspecting CL 4B and CL 4B+K have slightly different effects. I try to do the combo: 3A, 3B (A+K), 4B (B+K), 214K and then 3A, 3B (A+K), 4B+K, 214K. 4B sometimes comes out way to slow to finish the combo and 4B+K seems to follow through more often. Could just be a glitch (kind of how WP 4B will occasionally miss the second hit when hitting an airborne opponent and other times not, though this could be air control).

found a double glitch!

so usually SW a+BA+B does SW A+B but hides the flame, giving it the same properties...however occasionally you don't hear the charge sound and it does NOT grant unblockable even on full hold! Anyone know why this happens?

dealing with glitches, help!

• Hidden Unblockable swing
-------------------------------------------------------------
So most of us know about the SW a+bA+B glitch. It does SW A+B but it hides the flame for a sneaky unblockable 80 dmg hit. However sometimes the glitch turns it into a blockable even if you hold it the whole way through.

Why does it sometimes work and sometimes not? It's very upsetting to see a game winning swing turn into a fully blockable attack that could lead to your demise.

• 214K crotch stomp
If you haven't noticed sometimes 214K will hit a grounded person and go through the animation of crushing them under foot...yet they've already stood up and are happily walking around as your stuck. What causes this? It doesn't happen often but while playing the computer i suffered it 4 time in a row!!!

• Random Stance changing
I hope I'm not just hallucinating...but I occasionally just land in the wrong stance for no reason...is there any knowledge of this? Any info on what causes it?

dealing glitches help!

• Hidden Unblockable swing
So most of us know about the SW a+bA+B glitch. It does SW A+B but it hides the flame for a sneaky unblockable 80 dmg hit. However sometimes the glitch turns it into a blockable even if you hold it the whole way through.

Why does it sometimes work and sometimes not? It's very upsetting to see a game winning swing turn into a fully blockable attack that could lead to your demise.

• 214K crotch stomp
If you haven't noticed sometimes 214K will hit a grounded person and go through the animation of crushing them under foot...yet they've already stood up and are happily walking around as your stuck. What causes this? It doesn't happen often but while playing the computer i suffered it 4 time in a row!!!

• Random Stance changing
I hope I'm not just hallucinating...but I occasionally just land in the wrong stance for no reason...is there any knowledge of this? Any info on what causes it?

HA thansk for pointing out sw A+B thing i didnt know that lol. as for the other things

sw 214 K will brick if the person is too far from her foot,meaning it will still hit them, for the initial dmg but her grinding her foot dmg will be negated and they can get out from underneath. it happens alot if your sw 22k sweep hits them with the tip of her toe.

as for the random stance change there are some moves that automaticaly move her stances...i think like how SE A will always lead to whip no matter what you do. otherwise if im wrong here can you explain furhter about what happens?

dealing glitches help!

well it happens in 2 ways. 1 way I'll attempt a move such as CL A+BA+K. But I'll get hit at A+B and not get to A+K...I hit A+K after the hit, never see the red flash and when i stand up I have whip mode. How the hell did it switch if i got hit and there was no flash?

Other times I'll just end a move, never touch A+K or B+K, and I'll appear in a new stance and have to endure the new stance. I might be misinputting but I really don't think I do when this occurs. It's really weird but happens on occasion. Maybe lag is merging strings together as one input?

While we're on it..are there any tricks to switching stances? I know the obvious with doing it in a move, but sometimes I don't want to throw a move justs to do it and tapping B+K, A+K leaves me vulnerable for a sec...is there a warble method? A_B_KgA+K_B+K or A_B_KA+K_B+Kg? I'm not home to test it.

dealing glitches help!

well it happens in 2 ways. 1 way I'll attempt a move such as CL A+BA+K. But I'll get hit at A+B and not get to A+K...I hit A+K after the hit, never see the red flash and when i stand up I have whip mode. How the hell did it switch if i got hit and there was no flash?

Other times I'll just end a move, never touch A+K or B+K, and I'll appear in a new stance and have to endure the new stance. I might be misinputting but I really don't think I do when this occurs. It's really weird but happens on occasion. Maybe lag is merging strings together as one input?

While we're on it..are there any tricks to switching stances? I know the obvious with doing it in a move, but sometimes I don't want to throw a move justs to do it and tapping B+K, A+K leaves me vulnerable for a sec...is there a warble method? A_B_KgA+K_B+K or A_B_KA+K_B+Kg? I'm not home to test it.

Yeah your doing moves that force a change theres nothing you can do to stop those transitions.

as far as "warble mode" there is no sure way to just change without leaving you open for a split sec.

dealing glitches help!

For a+B~[A+B] glitch, if ur attempt to tap a+b fails, u end up holding A+B for a few frames and the system reads it as a normal [A+B], but with no fire. Yes. bad. Get the tap then hold right all the time and ur fine. Take note the time needs to be precise, it cannot be buffered after a move.

dealing glitches help!

Found the warble technique, pretty simple.

a_b_kB+K_A+Kg

So to do it with A and go from CL to SW

aB+Kg

basically hit A and quickly do the stance shift then cancel a with g really quick. I'll see if i can quickly go down from WP to SW and back when I get home

CL 6A,A+K does WP 6A,A
CL 44B [A+K], B longer whip
WP 6A,[B+K] stunner like CL 6A,K except longer whip reach
WP 4B[B+K] more powerful version of CL 4B

Forgive me for not being up to date, but I re purchased SCIV from last playing around September. Is her back turn A+B no longer have the same effect as SW WS B? I try to do it in training - does CH have to be turned off?

Forgive me for not being up to date, but I re purchased SCIV from last playing around September. Is her back turn A+B no longer have the same effect as SW WS B? I try to do it in training - does CH have to be turned off?

The old combo, prior 1.03 has been stripped.

However sometimes BT A+B does still fling them back over. I'm trying to find the timing myself, but it is 100% blockable if your aiming for that window.

SW WS B, A+B is as far as it goes to be guaranteed.

I think it has to be a tech trap or a CH to launch.

The old combo, prior 1.03 has been stripped.

However sometimes BT A+B does still fling them back over. I'm trying to find the timing myself, but it is 100% blockable if your aiming for that window.

SW WS B, A+B is as far as it goes to be guaranteed.

I think it has to be a tech trap or a CH to launch.

Hmm I see. Do you know what else has been stripped or different? Or which thread has this info?

somewhere there's a stickied update thread I need to review it personally to tweek some of the frame data sheet i made.

Well, it's not really the same effect, because the flames are still there. Only the screen doesn't turn dark.

Ive tried doing it at max range. And for some reason ppl duck and stand up again to eat it bcos the screen doesnt darken. LOL

unfortunately that move is pretty bad even with the glitch. It's pretty easy to stop by CHing and ducking...or simply stepping closer.

Back