Maxi changes?

hmm, i wonder if the stun combo B+K doesn't launch near maxi's back anymore. they might have done that to balance out the B+K overall damage buff.

So it turns out 1st action (guard), 2nd action (attack) testing is completely unreliable. Here are new testings, still based on Taki's Wiki, however reliable that is:

AA - safe against i11-13 on block
B - safe against i9 on block
BB - eats i19-21 on block
236A - eats i18+ on block, and i14 on hit
WS Ag - eats i19-21 on block
WS A+B - eats i19-21 on block, LI A interrupts i19 and trades with i18, WL works vs i15 Bs at least
WS [A+B] - eats i16 on block, LI A interrupts i14 attempts, looks like frametrap
22K - is safe from at least i16 on block (low though)
22KK - eats i19-21 on block.

Sup guys. I don't play Maxi, but as I was trying to find out what characters can combo into their A+B+K attacks I found out that Maxi can do 66K W!, A+B W!, B+K JF string (not sure how many of what JF, I was mashin') for 149 damage.

Oh, and Maxi can combo into his A+B+K attack from 66K W!, as long as they weren't too close to the wall before 44K hits.

Sup guys. I don't play Maxi, but as I was trying to find out what characters can combo into their A+B+K attacks I found out that Maxi can do 66K W!, A+B W!, B+K JF string (not sure how many of what JF, I was mashin') for 149 damage.
This doesn't seem to work. They always crumple to the ground by the time the B+K starts.

I can't pull off B+K after that combo either.

Oh, and Maxi can combo into his A+B+K attack from 66K W!, as long as they weren't too close to the wall before 44K hits.
That's damn strict spacing. Nearly unusable I say =/

I appreciate your efforts though! Damn good stuff for some of the other chars.

Seems I somehow got a high wallsplat off of A+B when I did that combo. I tried it again and couldn't get it to work either, then one try it connected again somehow. Too unreliable, my bad.

I'll revisit Maxi to try and find a different way to combo into A+B+K later, unless one of you guys do it first and post it here. I have very little experience with him.

Can Maxi combo from CH 3B W! with neutral attacks now? Or is CH 3B W! RO B RC A your only good option since BL A into LI K doesn't work anymore?

*EDIT* Now that think about it. That also ruins my Post GI 6A+B wall combos (and a lot of other stuff)! That's not cool ;_;

Seems I somehow got a high wallsplat off of A+B when I did that combo. I tried it again and couldn't get it to work either, then one try it connected again somehow. Too unreliable, my bad.
I got it once. Seemed to require a very specific distance from the wall. Too close, and they splat early.

Kvasir said:
Can Maxi combo from CH 3B W! with neutral attacks now? Or is CH 3B W! RO B RC A your only good option since BL A into LI K doesn't work anymore?
You can always BLAAB 'em, can't you?

Yeah you could actually get some neutral hits in! (CH 3B W! RO B RC A does 95dmg, but sometimes RC A misses)

CH 3Bg W!...
A+B W! = 91dmg
6BBB W! = 92dmg
B+K works on extra high splat.
Not thoroughly tested.

Oh, yeah, CH 3Bg W! PSL1 BL A, LI AAB = 102

-LI A now causes sidefall stun on CH. 66B+K can combo for 47 damage.
-CH 3B, RO B, RC B can no longer be teched out of. 73-79 damage.
-33B recovers faster on block (-13).
-Not sure, but AA might be faster (i13).

These changes are all awesome, but meaningless if this game is never released on console.

I dislike the fact they buffed the overall damage; do they at least nerfed top tier characters? Is Amy's B+K still the same? What about Algol, Yoshimitsu, Hilde, Ivy?

CH 3B, RO B, RC B can no longer be teched out of. 73-79 damage.
How about aircontrol?

I dislike the fact they buffed the overall damage; do they at least nerfed top tier characters? Is Amy's B+K still the same? What about Algol, Yoshimitsu, Hilde, Ivy?
Hilde have traded RO capability for extra damage, still looking god tier. Ivy is nerfed and is generally much more difficult to play. It's easier to get through Algol's bubbles. Amy got some slight nerfs and some whiffing issues. Voldo's big damage (and RO) capabilities are nerfed. Yoshi seems more dangerous all around.

What scares me is that alot of the mid/upper tier characters have gotten much bigger buffs than Maxi.

Awesome, 33B got buffed bs. Nice.

LI is even more gangsta than before, did they increase range of LI? what is the bs on it now.
Were there any changes at all to BL A??? range? damage, CH confirmability?

Punchdrunk, u can't AC that combo cuz RO B slams down to the ground. The only thing that may be possible is Just ukemi though. IT seems jukable but have never seen it.

-LI A now causes sidefall stun on CH. 66B+K can combo for 47 damage.
-CH 3B, RO B, RC B can no longer be teched out of. 73-79 damage.
-33B recovers faster on block (-13).
-Not sure, but AA might be faster (i13).

Does that mean that CH LI AA is not guaranteed?

Is AA still +5 on hit?

Could anybody summarize all Maxi changes found so far in a single post? Like in the first one. =)

Any attack that has a downward trajectory can be just ukemid, that's the general rule. They're usually verticals.
If 66B+K is combo after LI A(CH), i'm pretty sure the second A should be combo :)

And yeah good idea about the first post.

Back