She's Bossy: General Cassie strat and matchups

1der

[08] Mercenary
got to play a good bit over the weekend. wanted to offer up some evaluations/notes and get feedback from other players.

do contribute. do provide opinions, ideas, conjecture. do provide repeatable tests to prove safe or unsafe.

meat grinder

2A- my goto interrupt, keeps opponents honest, keeps pressure on, stops 8WR, good reset. i sometimes throw it out too much, special low.

WSK- FC on opponent, good reset, slow opponents pace. feels more powerful w/ changes made to buffering system its effects on RCC. will lose some value as players adapt to these changes. I use in conjuntion w/ 2A to push, control, and annoy my opponents.

Throws- full compliments of throws, reg, crouch, command, all seem better. some ridiculous RO properties. mix em up, keep em guessing, get em to duck.

WSA/[A] -more 8WR kill, TC properties, delay, whiff bait and punish in one move, stun properties on counter?

BB- safe punisher, watch your opponent, NC. hit confirm? good defensive move against those trying to push you around.

AA- NC. hit confirm? 8WR kill. i use this move to keep myself honest and get my opponent to crouch when they want to step.

FC1B- low, TC properties. safe on block? visually recognizable, very easy to dodge

Match-up suggestions:
All match-up discussion from me is based on off-line play. on-line insights welcome.
its too early for me to formulate any suggestions. i'll have something for Killik soon.

She's Bossy: General Cass strat and matchups

AA/BB are safe and are natural combos. WS A is stun on CH and you can follow with a low throw. As far as throws go her right side and low B+G throws deal the most damage.

On a side note, with a lot of editing on Jaxel's part (I fail @ wiki), I did get a full Cassandra move list up on the wiki so if anyone wants to help fill in the damage on the strings that I missed or anything else...

I think I might help work on frame data. Might also write a Hlide matchup guide soonish.

What are you using for ROing? Because I feel Sophitia has a way better RO game overall, but maybe it's because I'm not used to Cassie still.

Any moves I should never miss when trying to RO the rival?

I like using 44B to RO when my back is to the edge, not many people expect a move like that from Cass.

Forward = 236B
Left = CH 44A
Right = 8A
Behind = 66B+G 4BB:A

Just do moves that will knock them down when they're near the ring edge

Just do moves that will knock them down when they're near the ring edge

That would be the obvious anwer, but not all moves are recommended for ROing someone. Or are you going to use 44aB?

Thanks, ShenYu, I will test those in combat.

Nonsense at any given time i can do any move near the edge and ring out my opponent. This includes AAs and my GIs are so godly that even they ring out.

I dont know if this is common knowledge or not, but when I was messing around in training mode yesterday I found out you can cancel a forward angel step into a backwards one. However you can't cancel the backward one into a forward.

I dont know if this is common knowledge or not, but when I was messing around in training mode yesterday I found out you can cancel a forward angel step into a backwards one. However you can't cancel the backward one into a forward.

interesting

any video evidence of the cancel

I love (to RO people out) 3K (they can shake it but sometimes this will work), 44A. This move on CH hits VERY far. Also, FC 1B is a great low. Yes you can dodge it, yes you can see it (most of the time). This move is not used to just randomly throw it. It's meant to go under highs and even some mids. You will be surprised how low she gets to the ground to dodge things. This is one of my top 10 moves easily.

Also back to 3K, I like 1K afterwards. If it's CH, 4BB:A. If it's regular hit, you get adv. If they block it, they deserve to hit you;)

Here's a quick vid of me showing what I was talking about:
- Soul Calibur 4 Cassandra Angel Step Cancel[/url]

hmmm, i like it...i'm gonna have to play with this

Yes it is interesting but I too wonder about it's usefulness.

i'm bored at work right now so im theorizing some ideas about usefulness. i don't know i think it could actually be good, you can use it early in the 236 animation, and its something of a visual feint.

Interesting. It looks like the 214 auto-gi comes out slightly faster when you cancel from 236. It might be possible to backstep/auto-gi certain retaliations using this.

Back