This thread is about GB Asura Dance and how pro it is.

Isaac

[08] Mercenary
Differences between Asura and GB Asura:

Asura(:B:+:K:,:6:+:B::1::2::3::6::B:) -25 on block,
GB Asura (:B:+:K:,:6:+:B::1::2::3::6:::B::) -17 on block, and 11 more damage

So whoever can do this consistently, tell me the best way you think to pull it off. From what I can find (how Winback does it), the best method is to first input the first two commands, and then anytime after the :B:+:K:, input :4::1::2::3::6::B:, pressing :6: and :B: at the same time.

I've been getting it fairly consistently from the 2P side now, just input 41236B anytime during the second hit, it doesn't have to be incredibly fast, but you need to be precise with the 6+B. So it is more like 4123 6+B.

Edit: The goal when doing Asura IMO is to never let the last hit get blocked, be it the GB version or not. Even if you do perform the GB, the last hit leaves you close enough on block, the opponent gets a free throw, while the non-GB version pushes the opponent out more, many characters can get a free launcher or knockdown into high advantage wakes. So it is even more important to hit confirm or GI bait with something like a blocked 8B.

whats the GI window for Asura? And what does it GI? hori? vert? high? mid? low? kicks?
GIs all non-kick mids. GI window is roughly the animation as Kilik brings the back of the bo up during the first hit, dunno how many frames that is, though supposedly it's tighter post patch.

Early frames of Asura is a tech jump, so you can avoid lows and throws with it too. ;)

i did some testing. it seems like B+K GI activates at frame 4

-------Kilik 66KK blocked -13, yoshi 6B(i17) JIed by kilik B+K. Yoshi B(i16) hits Kilik B+K..

B+K GI window closes after frame 14

-------Kilik 6AA blocked -10, yoshi 4B(i24) GIed by B+K. Kilik 44A blocked -9 , yoshi 4B(i24) hits Kilik B+K.

B+K tech jumps at frame 9

-------Kilik AA blocked - 6, yoshi 2K(i15) TJ by B+K. Kilik 3K hits -5, yoshi 2K(i15)hits Kilik B+K.

B+K tech jump window closes after frame 20

-------Kilik aB hits +6, yoshi 2A(i14) TJ by B+K. Kilik aB hits +6, yoshi 2K(i15) hits Kilik B+K.

so...

B+K
GI 4~14
TJ 9~20

so...

B+K
GI 4~14
TJ 9~20

Man that's HUGE! I hope they will patch this shit, even if it's my main character, it's totally scrub, auto-gi have to be 5 or 9 frames window, no 10!!

Can you compare with some other auto-gi move with other character, like Amy, Cassy ?

seen a guy the other day with a sick ass kilik. he did this combo on me that was tight as hell but i cant figure it out.

he started off with a 1236 monument and threw me. the throw just pushed me, but next thing i know im high in the air and coming down he does a asura and wrecks me. anyone know what im talking bout and how to do it?

seen a guy the other day with a sick ass kilik. he did this combo on me that was tight as hell but i cant figure it out.

he started off with a 1236 monument and threw me. the throw just pushed me, but next thing i know im high in the air and coming down he does a asura and wrecks me. anyone know what im talking bout and how to do it?

You're thinking FotD into Asura Dance.
http://www.8wayrun.com/f30/this-thread-is-about-fotd-throw-and-how-t213/
it's shown on the video on that page

The one part that throws most people off is how early you have to input 46A (before the throw actually connects), rest is pretty easy. More info on it here:

http://www.8wayrun.com/f30/any-tips-to-pull-off-festival-of-the-t1136/

come on, where's the guard break version that i still haven't done once ever.. which is funny because i can do asta's command throw JF

Man that's HUGE! I hope they will patch this shit, even if it's my main character, it's totally scrub, auto-gi have to be 5 or 9 frames window, no 10!!

Can you compare with some other auto-gi move with other character, like Amy, Cassy ?

Fickle french man!
Xianghua had a 15 frame Auto-GI in SC2!!

Give Kilik his Asura!

(Actually Asura's window used to be bigger. I could jump and GI lows at the same time (like Cervy 1A) quite often.

Back