Vs Ivy

Yota

[08] Mercenary
Hi everyone !
I dont write so much on this forum so nice to meet u, im a French Yunsung.

I have hard time against Ivy's SCUD (From Team France)

What do u do against Ivy ?
Which punishement are very useful ?

Its quite difficult to stay close to her, the distance is a real problem.
And the Cr stance is just useless against her (many of her B are safe or break Crane stance and many A and K also)

I want to cheer with u to improve the match up for Yun.

Thanks very much for reply :)

Thx but i have already read it.
There is only few informations against Ivy on it.

This thread is about how to fight against Ivy : punishement, mix up, how to keep a closed range.. etc
But you are right ill put the few informations wrote on the punishement thread here too :

------------
Ivy
CL 214B - 236KK
CL 214[ B ] ~ SE neutral or step - 66B (if too slow it'll get stepped)
CL 214[ B ] ~ SE attack - 236KK (beats all her attack options)
WP 6AA - duck the 3rd hit and 236KK or 8KKK
-------------

So what else ?

I'm managing the punishment lists for all 3 of my mains so forgive the incompleteness. I'll get right back on Ivy soon. I haven't played the matchup much but it's definitely not in Yun's favor. I'll do some anti research.

Yota: I have some info for you my good man. Consider this post a place holder for when I can get some time to write it down.

Mikosu: Mind if I help with some contributions on your list. Hit me up whenever you start working on it. Until then I may post as much info as I can to get the ball rolling.

-Muhahah!

Hi everyone !
I dont write so much on this forum so nice to meet u, im a French Yunsung.

I have hard time against Ivy's SCUD (From Team France)

What do u do against Ivy ?
Which punishement are very useful ?

Its quite difficult to stay close to her, the distance is a real problem.
And the Cr stance is just useless against her (many of her B are safe or break Crane stance and many A and K also)

I want to cheer with u to improve the match up for Yun.

Thanks very much for reply :)

Mid range/long range: Step, GI, try to avoid SG damage (she won't be able to really touch your health too much here)

Close range: Try to get her to SW stance and outplay her with Yun's speed and a little 44B. Most of her fast pokes are linear as well, and either push back or are negative on hit, so you don't have to fear a mixup TOO much. Also, if you get hit by 2A, or FC 3B in sword stance, jumping attack is a viable option - don't worry about getting hit out of the air, it does minimal damage. Her ground game is pretty nonexistant after that (and in most situations) if you roll to her left (?). Pretty sure it's her left. It avoids SW 3B and 214K.

I know this sounds crazy but Yun's jumping GB from CR stance can be a decent way to get in.

Yeah, I know there is alot more to it. But your main concern should be trying to deal with CL stances' movement and spacing, imo.

Thanks very much for your analysis.

Im thinking same as you about Cr B+K to stay closed.
But its better to do Cr B+K~G cause Cr B+K is easilly avoid by a step.

9B+K is not bad at all to keep pressure at mid range and it seems to me that Ivy do not punish it dangerously.

4G is better than 6G for two reason : first to keep closed Ivy when she try to stay at long range and also because she cant make another GI against it.
Then you can keep pressing with some 1K (And confirm with ~2K if the oppenent stay on ground for 2hit or better for tech trap if he tech roll) and mix with 66K or a throw.

Thats why I think 6G is useless except if the oppenent are back to a wall or RO of course
After GI mix with A+BBBB or 44K for his best Gi RO mix up.

6A+B is very useful for CF and keep pressure against her (Or all others caracters.. his best move for me)

33A,K is good for punish à longue range

How to step against her ?
On her right or her left ?

Thanks again for sharing together :)

The way I find most side step weakness is by playing the AI on Edgemaster, the AI always steps to a character's weak side.

I believe anything we tell you isn't practical unless we see you play against SCUD's Ivy on video then we can analyze from that.
But yes CR B+KG will get you close no problem, however I believe you have to fight Ivy at mid range, she is superior upclose.

I will post soon some vids against SCUD.
Until then which player have something else to say about this match up ?

Thx again

6B and 3A and 66A at tip is critical in this matchup (for zoning purposes). Ivy is easy to defend against if she's not close to do CS and SS. She has a few sneaky lows, FC 1B i think, and the horizontal swiping one which i can't remember how it's done. Look out for those 2 especially. The horzontal low kick is slow eonugh to see, so u can punish that hard.

Get in slowly with steps and minute dashes (patience is everything). Don't bother with CR unless you see a telegraphed vertical, and even then i will recommend that you opt to step and punish with eitehr 33AK, or my favorite A+BBBBB and 236KK (provided you're fast)
Post vids so we can at least see teh style of the Ivy player giving u difficulty :)

I've found this works quite well:

Ivy%2BKiller%2BRTU3.gif

And if you are on distance to long you will be flashing red in one round...

@Ring

Apropos, is there any difference between 2A+K and 22K in SW besides that 2A+K is safer and more damage?

i dont get why she has 22K when there is 2A+K....

It's -14~15 on block and TC (highs don't work as punishment). How can Yun punish that hard?

The answer is...he can't. He has to take his FC A and be happy or take a mixup.

doc: Lol I know what you mean but it's nice to be able to do a good move from step and FC too.

Haven't played the matchup but maybe once with Woahhzz online so I won't say much but don't be afraid to try TJs against the common CS/SS setups. It's less risk to take prorated air damage than mash the throw break. CL 214B evades to Yun's weak side so that's a serious advantage for her. Punish that everytime with 236KK if you manage to block it. Also if you can condition yourself: against CL A+BA+K hold 2G and the third hit will whiff. Punish with 236KK also.

@Doc: Well, apart from the frames on guard and damage the main difference is that 2A+K is a little tricky, because it cannot be done normally, if you just press 2A+K she will do the low sweep but also change the stance to Coil and then you can't follow it up with the stomp (SW 214K). The actual notation is 2A+K, you need to hold so that she stays in SW.

Perhaps the move has better properties because it's a little more difficult to perform than 22_88K but once you get used to 2A+K input this move simply rocks, it can be spammed against many characters with very little risk. I think only Sophitia and Setsuka can punish it at far range.

With CL 214B, what Yun can do when Ivy does CL 214 (blocked) -> SE 4B+K? I think it should beat his 236KK. Also, CL 214B (with no SE transition) should be safe against his 236KK and 66B.

236KK is i20. It punishes her CL 214B. You're right about CL 214 SE 4B+K though. It beats 236KK. If you anticipate her going into SE there's nothing she can do about 44A. It's too slow to punish CL 214B though so you'd be guessing whether she's going to transition.

Hmm But you mean CL 214B when it's blocked at close range, right? Because normally this move gives a huge pushback so I don't think his 236KK has enough range :P

I'm pretty sure she can avoid his 44A with SE backstep when CL 214 is blocked at far/tip range though (even Lizardman's 66A can be avoided this way), and that means a free SE BBB, 9gB or SE 5Hit JF, 9gb (70dmg) whiff combo for Ivy.

Oh now you wanna throw tip range into this? No fair you cheeky devil. I'm sure that would rape 236KK but I'll verify 44A later.

Back