Wind Dancing - Talim Combos and More!

Don't know how useful this is, but if you wait a split second after landing 236B, 66B, you can get another 236B as a tech trap. It seems to catch in all directions, but timing is kinda tight. At any rate, it'll keep people from teching away from the 22B ender.

omg thas awesome
i was wondering wat i could do wen they tech away from 22b
ill try that on sword lord this sunday

Nice to see some action in here. So, I went ahead tested these combos out.

The first one would be great if 4AK was an actual natural combo. It isn't unfortunately, even on CH. Could be good for 4A mixups though. meh

As for the second combo, I set the AI to random AC in practice, and I've had it AC out of it consistently. Could you post who it was tested on? Maybe that would make a difference.

In my opinion the 4A series as a whole is near useless. you might be able to bait a GI after 4AK. Also, 4A[K] is like -1 or 2 and leaves you in BT so that can be a neat trick if you're opponent is used to attack straight away.

but yes if you land the K part of 4AK, 6AA is the best option. I usually confuse it with 66K so I do 66B automatically and if whiffs... heh.

As for the WS A+B combo, I too have had it AC'ed. So maybe it is character or timing dependent. 66A is still decent cause it can create a mixup on wakeup with WL and AS transitions if nothing else.

yo i use 4a by itself and usually do 6a+b after....
they usually block it, which helps my cf game
sometimes theyll eat it...lol

New RO. After CH 1A+B, on most characters, you can do 1B and they can't AC it. This only works when they're right near the edge though, but if you're like me and have landed this move near the edge and thought "why can't this move RO?", well, this is it.

Against Astaroth you need him to be closer to the edge due to his size. You can also use K for big characters.

Thanks!

:1::B: (fast) or :3::B: (a little slower but stun on CH and can combo) are good moves that have many uses.

Since I don't have a working PS3 I'll ask you guys to confirm this for me. If she ends up close to the opp is 236B 66B A+B236A236B a combo?

Only sometimes. If I remember correctly it depends on the size of the character and the angle at which you hit 236B. It's hard to test properly because sometimes, hitting 236B at an angle makes 66B whiff. I've gotten it to work somewhat consistently on Zas after stepping once to the side, and it does about 78 dmg. This is about 10 dmg more than the staple combos.

The other weird thing about this angle, is that the camera tends to randomly switch sides after 66B, making it really hard to judge if you can even get the IWC to work right.

What I can say though, is that if you land 22B from behind on certain sized characters you get AS B and then BT A+B combo for 89-90 dmg. That's Talim's most damaging NH combo so far. I know it works on Astaroth, Rock, Siegfried, and Nightmare so far. Haven't tested Zas and Liz yet. (Yes, I know it's not likely to happen in a real match, but it's something to consider if you manage to step around something.)

Edit: Liz is inconsistent, but it works. Zas it doesn't work at all. Sieg and NM have camera altering issues with this.

What can Talim do against X's :4::4::B: (besides block/GI)?

Edit
oosaka told me to try :4::4::K:.
Once I get a working 360 (mine died) I'll test it out (have a feeling the timing's gonna be tight).

Talim JP

Are you asking how to catch 44B before it hits, or what to do when you expect it?

If you're trying to react, 44K is impossible to time. Maybe 6K or even 1B could stop her on the way back to you. I dunno though. I can try a few things and see. Though your best bet is probably to block and punish (or GI if you can react to it).

Well she was catchin me with it after attacks.
I would try to do something (it would whiff) and then get hit (prob CH).
Yes block would be a good idea (haha), so I guess you do have to know when to expect it (and not to try to attack).

Another friend (said some X's abuse it after some moves that look like you can retaliate on block, ie 66A, 66K or AAB).
They said to run up and throw X or 8WR and attack (as the 44B is linear).

Ah, I gotcha.
Well you definitely can't throw her cause 44B TCs. (Same reason Talim's 66B won't hit even though it reaches far enough). 8WR works well though. If the Xianghua player knows Talim's frametraps they'll likely 44B when you attempt them. (ex: 11KA hit or BT A blocked) Something I've seen recently is X's using it after landing a 2K.

WL A will actually beat it if timed when the X uses it. But you probably don't want to be doing random WLs in anticipation either.

I play X too so I kinda know when the people I play are likely to use it. Like after her 66K on block is good cause it'll push the opponent back beforehand.

Thanks, I gotta get into prac mode and check it out.

Will any WC moves work?... A+K?

Tested some stuff on X's :4::4::B::

Throws WILL work when X is in the animation going backward.
Of course GIing is OK but the timing is tough.
The thing is if you're doing a move while X leaps backward then you probably won't have time to recover and do anything before X leaps forward and (prob CH) hits you.
WC (:2:or:8: :B::+::K:) moves will work (X's :B: whiffs) and will hit (or grab if you do the throws).

EDIT
Just noticed that "sigh" is a tag for this thread. (!)

Lol yea I noticed sigh as a tag for this thread a while ago...
So how dus a throw work on x's 44b? Do u hav to anticipate and throw as soon as she starts it?
Also will 33a work on reaction? Like u see her start and u just do 33a and u hit her? Like a forcefield?

I went into prac mode, had the X AI set to do :4::4::B: and I kept tryin to grab.
Granted it would be tough to do unless you anticipate that X will do that move.
You have to throw X before she gets finishes her backward movement.

Maybe anything will work while she's movin backward? (Someone needs to prove in prac mode).
But I think you'd probably have to anticipate her doin it or you will miss.

As posted earlier X's commonly use this move after an attack that looks punishable.
Usually X will move back faster (and farther) so Talim's move will whiff, then X will come back forward and hit ya.

I think you won't hit X if she's movin back forward (you will get hit).

I guess it's a frames thing. If the move X does before 44B has too many neg. frames, you might be able to grab her out of it before she hops backward. Only problem is most of the time 44B is used after a move that pushes back on block. So you'll likely not be able to rely on the grab technique.

anyways, found out something interesting in training mode.

If you do 22_88B~6~B4, (the launch into shortened AS B jump), Talim will be in front of the grounded opponent when she lands instead of behind them. Gives up combo damage to allow for mixups on wakeup. Not sure if 44B is a force block or not.

Since the AS B:K part is JF techable, maybe this new find will help prevent it, if your opponent tends to do that. I dunno. But it's an option anyway.

Back