1.04 patch wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Synraii, too bad you deleted your comment, it was the best one ever.

Now if only her damage output in general was buffed.
She's a poke artist in a game that denies that benefit with the Guts System,
A few tracking verticals wouldn't hurt either. Let alone some crumpling counter hits that actually combo together.
3B is horridly unsafe. It'd be nice if her 4B had some slight step killing, and her 6A at least had some safe pushback.

What do you mean "3B is horridly unsafe"? It's actually -10 on block so only one character can punish it on block without a meter (Natsu)

@Synraii, too bad you deleted your comment, it was the best one ever.

What do you mean "3B is horridly unsafe"? It's actually -10 on block so only one character can punish it on block without a meter (Natsu)

I try not to use it, it eats all sorts of horizontals that slap her right into the direction she steps.
I've actually been thrown from a back turned position from the twist she does at start-up.

It's nothing I'd rely on.

I try not to use it, it eats all sorts of horizontals that slap her right into the direction she steps.
I've actually been thrown from a back turned position from the twist she does at start-up.

It's nothing I'd rely on.
You should. This is one of the best moves in the game.

This move avoids all vertical attacks so horizontals are the only moves that will hit Ivy when she does 3B (depending if you used the move at frame advantage or disadvantage) and sometimes it will even avoid high horizontals because it has TC frames.

I'm getting realllly tired of 3(A) whiffing at close range. If it can't double as a backdash AND step killer, it really shouldn't be punishble by launchers.

Can't Yoshi punish with 2:aB: (Just)?
One of the most broken moves in the entire game if you ask me but meh.

You should. This is one of the best moves in the game.

This move avoids all vertical attacks so horizontals are the only moves that will hit Ivy when she does 3B (depending if you used the move at frame advantage or disadvantage) and sometimes it will even avoid high horizontals because it has TC frames.

Call me nuts but I'm more of an avid fan of knockdowns than launchers, I always feel tempted to use her meter when I catch someone with 3B, and the damage isn't really worth it compared to just using 8AB+B which keeps them closeby for a mix up, than far away just so they can ukemi. 6B8 BE works well for wall combos though.

Can't Yoshi punish with 2:aB: (Just)?
One of the most broken moves in the entire game if you ask me but meh.

I may be mistaken, but I think 3B has too much pushback for that. 2aB has such a short range that it's far from broken, in my opinion

I may be mistaken, but I think 3B has too much pushback for that. 2aB has such a short range that it's far from broken, in my opinion
You might be right on the range part but I do believe that move is close to broken.
It's 9 frames and +3 on block so if your opponent hasn't got a mid that's i12 or lower you can pretty much spam that move on block. Jg it makes it +8 giving you 17 frames to respond but f**k! Someone in my FL does this shit against certain characters ALL THE TIME because on CH you can combo it to 70+. For example Astaroth just has to sit there and HOPE Yoshi screws up because he's fastest move is 13f and his jump attacks suck.

Call me nuts but I'm more of an avid fan of knockdowns than launchers, I always feel tempted to use her meter when I catch someone with 3B, and the damage isn't really worth it compared to just using 8AB+B which keeps them closeby for a mix up, than far away just so they can ukemi. 6B8 BE works well for wall combos though.
The sole purpose for 6B8BE is to wall splat and nothing else. Just like Asta's 63214 A+K BE is only for ringout and not for damage.

3B (CH)6B8 (NH on NM/Sieg/Asta or wake up) is by far Ivy's main combo because they can't ukemi giving you a nice 1B BE/2A+B/3B/3[k] or bK or CS/CE/A+GBE option.

Personally I use meter to thread with CE or to Jg punish with 1B BE and sometimes i use A+G BE when people keeps breaking my CS. 6b8 only for wall splat. I don't use 22_88 B BE because it stinks. Auto Gi's and Jg's are so easy on that move. I only use 33_66_99B BE after 22_88A or in a wall combo if I have enough meter.

Yoshimitsu's 2aB is not + on block, and it never was in any SC game. It has much less range than generic 2As and it's linear. It's not as spammable as you think.

The only time this move was close to being broken was in SCIII:AE where it was 0 on block and had a stun combo on NH (in console version the stun was only on a CH).

Yoshimitsu's 2aB is not + on block, and it never was in any SC game.

Derp, I meant -3 not +3 if it was +3 it would be 6 frames lol.
It sure as hell feels spammable, it doesn't need a lot of range to be annoying as hell. Generic 2a's aren't as fast as that move and aren't that save on block.

Derp, I meant -3 not +3 if it was +3 it would be 6 frames lol.
It sure as hell feels spammable, it doesn't need a lot of range to be annoying as hell. Generic 2a's aren't as fast as that move and aren't that save on block.
But they have 2x more range and catch step. Sure, it can be annoying but it's not broken.

If you want to see broken, you have Alpha's 2363B for example.

But they have 2x more range and catch step. Sure, it can be annoying but it's not broken.

If you want to see broken, you have Alpha's 2363B for example.
TC from the 236 and TS from the 33B. But it's -11 on block. (Should be more but meh) So Ivy can punish spam-whores with 3[a].

Yoshi's 2aB is in the same region as Mitsu's 4B. Annoying as hell and usable even atfer you attack. Only Yoshi can combo and mitsu can't.

236 allows him to buffer 33B (and other 8wr moves) during a recovery (which contradicts the system mechanics by the way) and makes 33B track both sides if you delay it.

Alpha's 2363B is easily top 5 moves in the game. It's amazing against Ivy because of the speed, range and tracking. You can't step or backdash safely against this even at small frame disadvantage, and if you get hit on CH you lose half of your life bar. On block it ends in a tech crouch so it can only be punished by a few CE's. This move is ridiculous.

Allow bK on CH to allow for B+K to rise the opponent into a free 6b8 BE so Ivy can have one decent low, even if situational.

Make 8 AB+B a BE that bounces the opponent on slam into combo opportunities, if not just make it bounce on CH
(Without Meter, Stupid 66 BE)

As cheap as this sounds, make Acausal Paradox buffer-able into ABK for at least a half second for a dash after the 236x2, it'd be nice to have a working whiff killer

Let 3(k) track

Edit: Bring "I'll treat you right" back -.-

so Ivy can have one decent low, even if situational.
Because 1K is the worst low in the world. >_>

I don't remember you ever complaining in SCIV about 1BB+K, 6B2_8 or 2A+K. ;-)

More specifically:
236 allows him to buffer 33B (and other 8wr moves) during a recovery (which contradicts the system mechanics by the way)
And 214 allowed Setsuka to to JF Umbrella from standing since creation in SCIII, in blatant contradiction of the existing system mechanics. The whole point of those stances is to have access to the entire moveset from neutral standing. Deal with it.

Also:

and makes 33B track both sides if you delay it.
8wr either side at range vs this move and it will always whiff. Yes it can track a bit the closer you get to it, but it is by no means a reliable step catcher.

Stop being salty about your main being balanced, let some other players have fun! =P
Actually, I have a better idea: complain about braindead characters like Mitsurugi instead, at least playing Alpha takes some skill, which I believe was the defence of every high level Ivy player when she started to win EVERYTHING in SCIV, lol. Come join us! We can win everything, admire his abs and hate on Viola and Mitsu together! =)

Ugh, i totally miss how awesome the Ivy community is. So lonely in the Astaroth world T___T...I got Xeph..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand?

Synraii, are you telling me you are fine with the game being full of broken stuff that turns a lot of people off this game? =p I always thought we all wanted the game to be balanced. No wonder lots of people dislike it and don't care much for it now.

@IFB, why on earth would you main Asta? O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back