1.03 Tier List Discussion (aka Argument)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone's scared to admit that with a few minor fixes, namco did a decent job of balancing this game out the box.

I also agree. If they even release a SINGLE balancing patch, it'll be up there with T5:DR as one of the most balanced fighters ever. As it stands though it's a miracle they pulled it off this well.

At the VERY least, there's now SEVERAL more people that can actually legitimately compete with the Likes of Sophie and Cassie.

From the looks of it, it would seem that Sophie, Cassie, Yoshi, Cervy, Lizzy, Amy, Ivy (seeing a naming trend here), Voldo, Sieg, Mitsu, Sets and Raph could all be considered as "tourny calibur" characters with a few others just under them that could jump up as well. Writing that out is making me realise just how good of a job they've done.

Amen. I play against a solid Yoshi nearly everyday, and this man has an answer for every situation in the game. Decently safe, solid pokes, fantastic pressure game, accessible high end damage, and a RO game that puts the fear in a man lol. Then add to that he gobbles up SG, is effective from close and midrange, there's your number 1.

My list:

A:Yoshi, Cervy, Mitsu, Sophi, Amy
B:Cass, Lizzy, Raph, X, Sets, Ivy, Algol Bundy
C: Kilik, Sieg, Nights, Asta, Voldo(he is looking B tier more and more),
D:Talim, Mina, Zas, Tira, Maxi, Hilde, Vader, App, Yun
E: Rock

You do know that Taki's not even on this list...

Taki thanks you for your consideration.

Nori - I don't know, you tell me. She has some scary tools, but I'm fine with nobody talking about her.

Nori - I don't know, you tell me. She has some scary tools, but I'm fine with nobody talking about her.
Would you rather me post my answer here, or PM you? I'm very VERY convinced she's AT LEAST upper mid. I think because she is hard to play, people are scared of touching her. I'm the opposite. I played her, and then was scared:(

EDIT: Ok, we're talking on AIM. Now you know what I think of Taki:)

Amen. I play against a solid Yoshi nearly everyday, and this man has an answer for every situation in the game. Decently safe, solid pokes, fantastic pressure game, accessible high end damage, and a RO game that puts the fear in a man lol. Then add to that he gobbles up SG, is effective from close and midrange, there's your number 1.

My list:

A:Yoshi, Cervy, Mitsu, Sophi, Amy
B:Cass, Lizzy, Raph, X, Sets, Ivy, Algol Bundy
C: Kilik, Sieg, Nights, Asta, Voldo(he is looking B tier more and more),
D:Talim, Mina, Zas, Tira, Maxi, Hilde, Vader, App, Yun
E: Rock

You'd really put Zas that low? And yeah I simply cannot win against a good voldo unless I pic Sophie, that guy is a goddamn monster in this game.

Zas has to be one of the worst characters in the game. He's not as bad as say, SC3 Raph or SC3 Tira (console), but he's got some pretty serious issues. I'll elaborate later if desired.

Would you rather me post my answer here, or PM you? I'm very VERY convinced she's AT LEAST upper mid. I think because she is hard to play, people are scared of touching her. I'm the opposite. I played her, and then was scared:(

EDIT: Ok, we're talking on AIM. Now you know what I think of Taki:)

PM me what you think please. =)

Kind of how I feel about apprentice. I'm glad everyone's rating him so low.

Nothing. Nothing at all.
If you don't want to share your opinion why post in the thread?;) I can list reason why I don't think he's good. So far, I think EVERYBODY can win, honestly. I am just curious as to why you think he's better than what people give him credit for?

If you don't want to share your opinion why post in the thread?;) I can list reason why I don't think he's good. So far, I think EVERYBODY can win, honestly. I am just curious as to why you think he's better than what people give him credit for?

That is my opinion. He has nothing better than anyone else. He whiffs randomly and lacks lows, but I'm not sure if that's enough to justify 2nd to bottom tier.

tiers....
the game has been out less than a month. I know Early Impression of Tiers. The baby was just born and she's got webbed feet. Ivy has an infinite, moves are whiffing barns, at least we got ninja with jubbly's, and X doesn't fill tier slots 1-5.

http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rmtO9_wzlI&feature=related

I respect the discussion. Its too early to call characters DOA and pigeonhole players into short chicks and samurai so early. I'm happy the baby was finally born lets not smother her just yet.

As for saying "I'm sure you have some sort of uber tactic but don't want to post it"... There's a lot of tactics found already that people aren't telling. Cervy's wall infinite is one(yes, he has a new wall infinite, this one is WORSE than the old one), cervy's NH(no counter hit here) 3B 8A+K 8A+K(try it yourself, you won't land it, but it CAN be done with a trick) which leads right into that endless tech trap I posted about earlier, Cassandra's infinite(although, this one is VERY hard to hit), etc.

am i missing something here? is any of this valid?

Yeah Zass hurts right now, his soul gauge dmg is none existent. He lost all his Auto GIs.
Mids? What mids...step that shit son.

I have had my fair share with most of the characters in training mode or just playing them straight up, but some of my thoughts on tiers could be inaccurate, but please, who's list isn't? Also, Mines is mostly based off of online, so bear in mind of that.

High Tier: (In Order)

Cassandra, Yoshimitsu, Amy, Siegfried,

Mid-High Tier: (in Order)

Sophitia ,Setsuka ,Cervantes ,Talim ,Ivy, Voldo, Lizardman,
Mid Tier: (Not In Order)

Taki ,Seong Mi-Na ,Maxi, Kilik, Zasalamel, Xianghua, Raphael, Astaroth,

Mid-Low Tier: (In order)

Hilde (just hard to play), Yun-Seong, Tira,

Low Tier: (sorry, Its true)

Rock

Dead before load screen:
Yoda

Non Applicable: Apprentice, Vader

(copied from other Site, but made by me)

I know. I honestly dont know where to put her to tell you the truth. I should've put a note there. My apologies. What's your thoughts?

But her 2P outfit is top tier. Her side-boob game is the best.

Lol Gamefaqs.

im talking about the cervy thing. the dude isn't a total idiot, but i still don't think i can take his word on it. i was wondering if anything else had been found as of late in terms of cervy goodness.

i haven't really been on the boards in a while as business calls, nor have i been playing much.

I also disagree that Starkiller is second worst in the tiers. Yes, he has no good lows. Yes, his 3B and some other verticals whiff due to his weird hitbox.

What he does have is very strong tho. High damage combos when he has force meter (some go almost up 100dmg), very strong verticals that are often safe (3B and 88B aren't but they're the only I can think of that lead to a very bad situation if blocked), strong throws and a strong step game that is also complimented by his force jump shenanigans.

Is he bad? Yes, I'm not going to deny that. But he's still very useable, even if he needs some extra work than other characters. I'd say he's a definite contender for top of the low tier or even bottom of the mid tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back