1.03 Tier List Discussion (aka Argument)

Status
Not open for further replies.
watch ... then you will find out that super combo doesn't work on astaroth.

command throws are just an added plus, imo.

That vid was funny as hell, but not much of a good example of the matchup, IMHO. All that I got from that vid is not to get Bullrush stepped, and if it does, block and be happy that the super combo doesn't work.

No offense, but I would like for someone to truely elaborate with other than, "throw her."

There is a variant of that combo on astaroth, and I had little to no experience in that matchup. I missed many chances to punish due to my ignorance. That video doesn't prove much

Yeah the throw thing people use when talking about Hilde is completely negated by the fact that anyone using binds can break a throw just as well as any other character (sans Apprentice). Also throwing Hilde can net you a duck into FC C2B -> ringout or a C3A -> ringout very easily. I'm not arguing for or against Astaroth being a difficult match for her since I don't feel I have enough matchup experience yet to say one way or the other, just that "throw her" is nothing special for pad users.

Does using binds really help you break throws all that much? Can't you just releases the button quick and start mashing it? I know that's not as easy but how big a deal is it really?

Asta vs Hilde: I don't think this was mentioned, and I'm not qualified to say who has advantage but another good thing about Asta is that his main moves are "body attacks" so they won't be auto GIed by Hilde's C2 and C3 As.

When the window to break said throw is 5 frames, then yeah releasing the button and then pressing it again takes too long. :)

I see...but why would Mitsu not be in Top tier beside he and yoshi have similar style...lack of low ?

You know, a few months back I was hyped about just how good Voldo was in IV. That freak has been my main ever since I got serious about Soul Cal back in II (well, I suppose I wasn't serious about competitiveness, just about enjoying the game back then). I never paid much attention to tiers but from my understanding he was never bad but was always mid or upper mid.

I just hope I don't see my favorite gimp being a flavor of the month/year/game/whatever character. I can't really say shit because I don't know how many of these people have mained him prior to IV but there's gotta be 6 or 7 people who main him at Jaxel's tourneys alone.

I enjoyed it more when he was playable, usable, but scarcely seen.

That being said, I would normally say take whatever I say with a grain of salt (since I only started paying attention to the Soul Calibur tournament scene for the past 3 or 4 months) but since I'm speaking out my ass with absolutely no prior knowledge of Voldo's tournament precedents prior to IV, this spur of the moment quasi-ranting diatribe probably isn't worth the aforementioned salt.

I feel the same way as him, I actually picked him up because my friends refused to even consider him and he has been my main since then. I am actually very disappointed that he is getting all this attention

I see...but why would Mitsu not be in Top tier beside he and yoshi have similar style...lack of low ?

Mitsu isn't top tier because most of his game is about 50/50 mix ups, which means if the opponent guesses right your going to take a lot of damage.

Wow. Am I the only one who thinks Hilde dominates completely.

Nope... up here in the Bay Area we have the luxury of watching our characters fly out of the ring against Ceirnian. He hasn't had a chance to perfect his defense and punish options against all characters just yet, once he does.........!

Hilde is unquestionably top tier, the only question is who can contend with her for the top spot??

Mitsu isn't top tier because most of his game is about 50/50 mix ups, which means if the opponent guesses right your going to take a lot of damage.

actual 50/50 mixups are kinda rare, as there is usually a 3rd option to beat both at any given moment

Nope... up here in the Bay Area we have the luxury of watching our characters fly out of the ring against Ceirnian. He hasn't had a chance to perfect his defense and punish options against all characters just yet, once he does.........!

Hilde is unquestionably top tier, the only question is who can contend with her for the top spot??

No one can. I saw Alex try to bubble shield with Algol. It only delayed the inevitable.

Hilde and Algol are both top tier. Kilik, Setsuka, Amy, and Voldo are right under that.

Of course, Algol being banned almost everywhere makes his tier rank rather pointless to debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back