3rd: A Hug From Pedo Bear
Spots: 32 Players

# Double Elimination Tournament
# Sets consist of 2/3 Matches in the first four rounds
# Sets consist of 3/5 Matches in the round five semi finals
# Sets consist of 4/7 Matches in the round six grand finals
# Matches consist of 3/5 Rounds in all sets
# Rounds consist of 60 second time limit in all sets
# Winner Character Lock (cannot switch characters)
# Random Stage Selection for first match of set
# Loser's Choice for new RANDOM stage by request
# All stages are currently legal for tournament play
# All matches played at 100% health and soul gauge
# BANNED: Custom Character Creation Bonus and Bonus characters
# NOT BANNED: Algol, Yoda, Darth Vader, The Apprentice
# Customizations of non-custom characters are legal.

Date: Friday July 31 6:00PM eastern

Players will be expected to show up on time and send a friend request to "Rikuto Kuronaga". If you do not do this, I will assume you have dropped out of the tournament. I'm not going to manually add every last one of you either, forget about it. Show me you want to be in this tournament and you will be. There will be no flakes slowing down the action friday night.

Messages will then be sent to each player participating telling them who their match is. After said match, the winner of the fight will message me the results and wait for their next match. You may send me questions asking how long your match will be, because ive been in your shoes before and i know waiting sucks when you have things you wanna do. I will do my best to be as informative and fast as possible.

WHAT!? MORE RULES!?

I apologize in advance for the wall of online rules that is about to proceed. But it's online play, and that makes things more difficult sadly.

Anyone more then 5 minutes late gets an immediate DQ, Rikuto does not give much of a damn for no shows.

In the event of a dispute, obviously horrendous connections, or otherwise dumb shit, a party may be DQ'd if its obvious or the fight may be restarted with a ref watching. Yea I'd like to do this for every fight and eventually I will be able to, but I just don't have the eyes right now and it'd take hours for me to do it that way alone.

Oh and WHILE we are talking about horrendous connections, if you typically have 3 bars with everyone you play just don't bother here. 4 bars minimum. It doesn't take more then a few MB's downstream to manage this if you are anywhere near the same country, and this assumes you are all playing north america at least. I hate telling people they can't play for whatever reason, but it isn't fair to have one guy getting bullshit wins because he's got a carrier pigeon sending packets to the internet for him. Bottom line, it pisses people off. If you don't like it, get over it or get a new connection.

So bare with me, its an online tournament after all.

Note: No shows who cannot attend and give me no warning prior to the tournament will get a strike. If they register for another tournament and do the same thing again, permaban from future tournaments unless they write me a 4000 word essay explaining just why they are so special they should be allowed back in. I won't have shmucks messing with my bracket and if you've ever tried to run one of these before you understand why. This doesn't mean be shy about registering, but if you're gonna drop out just let me know in advance. It will be appreciated, you shall be forgiven. No need to turn yourself into an icey pop.

Post your gamertag here, message me to register, register at http://www.2solid.com,
or private message "Rikuto Kuronaga" on xbox live.

1. akidudontknow
2. Icychains
3. Revin122
4. S a r a n g you
5. Koompbala
6. OtakuSlave
7. cnp44
8. NinjaCW
9. Atomsk92
10. NofaceKill3r
11. Shryouken
12. SeekerOfTheRing
13. Me HervE
14. cha2 * *
15. HeeeeresJonny86
16. Pembroke2
17. LargeBillsONLY
18. Nuez NYC
19. provostyoung
20. PureUberPower
21. IXx CRhoNiK xXI
22. SS xDRAGOON320x
23. Its Enkindu

Alright, not bad for a free tournament huh fellas?

This is the first in a series of online tournaments that will be occuring very regularly (at least 1 or 2 a month).

So get your anti-online-whoring-mitsu-kilik shit ready and lets trash some folks.

Also, feel free to leave any feedback. Can't promise anything will change this tournament, but it's very easy to change the next one according to feedback. I don't like running things sloppy, so help me help you. Every consecutive tournament should run better.

2Solid SC4 Tournament 1, FREE Registration w/p

Where is this $100 prize for first coming from? I can't make it due to work, but I've got people who are interested and need to know how the money will be distributed and how you're guaranteeing that it will be provided, etc.

The money is coming directly from 2Solid corporation.

As i said, the prizes will be distributed as ive list.

of course the third place one is obviously a joke, but from a free tournament you can't expect too much until we get more people interested, so its just first and second right now.

The more that participate, the higher the stakes will become down the line, etc.

As for being too early, define what might be better if you could?

i can't change the time for this tournament but if the next one is arranged at a better time for the majority of players i don't mind doing one later in the evening.

i went to the linked website but i can't figure out where to register

Rikuto, I work till 8. I only suggested it is too early for me. I'm sure plenty of people will sign up for $100, it's better than sitting around in javachat. :P

I will certainly try to make the next one.

cha cha

i went to the linked website but i can't figure out where to register

Yea, the web boss doesn't have this one on the front page it's actually in the forums.

Don't sweat it though, you've already been taken care of my good man.

A simple gamertag is all I require.

Rikuto, I work till 8. I only suggested it is too early for me. I'm sure plenty of people will sign up for $100, it's better than sitting around in javachat. :P

I will certainly try to make the next one.

cha cha

I see.

Very well, I will try to make sure the next one is a little later on in the evening then, perhaps around nine or so might be more agreeable to some folks.

cmon people, this is a chance at a free $100, why not take a shot. He said if he gets a lot of entrants more good things will come. i dont see a reason not to take a chance.

Rikuto, if you wanna put me in the last possible bracket of the first round, and we can hope I get home right before the 1st round ends, i'd be willing to try. I usually arrive at home around 8:40pm.

cha cha

i'll be there ... tiny chance of being on at 6:15pm due to unpredictable traffic coming home from work ... normally home around 5:50pm though

Hmmm, why not.....after all, it's a free tourney. xbl-- SS xDRAGOON320x

went slower then i would've liked, since my original plan for putting out all the information got scrapped (was gonna do it by my computer, and apparently xbox.com caps how many text messages you can send out per day... assholes). and of course, had some no-shows and dropouts. very typical, but next time things will be much smoother.

other then that, halfways decent with a lot of last minute registrants to make up for it.

1 NofaceKill3r
2 Asaba23
3 Its Enkindu
4 OtakuSlave
5 LargeBillsONLY
5 xSoSickNASHFANx
7 Nuez NYC
7 SS xDRAGOON320x
9 domainq
9 Shryouken
9 cnp44
9 NinjaCW
13 Atomsk92
13 provostyoung
13 S a r a n g you
17 akidudontknow
17 balack omamba
17 HeeeeresJonny86
17 Pembroke2
17 Me HervE
17 Koompbala
17 PureUberPower
17 Icychains
25 IXx CRhoNiK xXI
25 Revin122
25 SeekerOfTheRing

Hmm, I tried contacting Impact Finale or whatever his name is by email yesterday, but he hasn't responded yet.
If he hasn't said anything by tomorrow then we need to work something out.

also who is asaba23? I didn't see him on the sign ups. Is he a board member?

Back