6BBB

Kvasir

[10] Knight
I've finally gotten fairly consistent with JF 6BBB. So I've been testing it out in training...

Being a i17 50 damage NC obviously makes it a powerful, but very risky punisher. Not only is there the chance to mess up the highly difficult timing, but there are exceptions to it being a NC.

Mitsurugi- Doesn't combo from the front, or his right side.
Siegfried- Doesn't combo from the front, or his right side.
Cervantes- Doesn't combo from the front.
Taki- Have to be real close for it to combo from the front.
Setsuka- Have to have a little bit of space for it to combo from the front.

I also want to bring this post up.
CH 3A, BL A, LI K, 6B: B: B: =67 DMG However....
CH 3A, BL A, LI K, 6B: B: B: W! = 100 DMG This combo screams STFU!!
The damage for the first combo here is correct, but the second one is only 75 damage, not 100. As far as I know there isn't any sort damage boost, and 6BBB whether JF'ed or not isn't worth using in combos.

Now I have a theory that I think explains why 6BBB is a iffy NC, and why ATL_R3DD may have made a mistake. When the final B is JF'ed it seems to cut off the end of the 2nd B, which can make it miss. You can see it clearly if you crouch down next to Maxi as he does the JF. The second B will not hit you, even though in normal 6BBB it would have. This has caused serious problems in every combo I've attempted it in aside from 88A 6B: B: B since that stun doesn't cause a knockdown.

Also the move is easily punishable even with the guard crush, and solid push out (-18 I think), so it's only practical use is as a punisher, imo.

if you can get it constnatly then awsome go for it but personally with the iffy NC part added to fact if you screw it up your talking maaaaaaaaaahhoooooosive damage punishment is it really worth the risk in higher level play? (then again if your playing maxi aat higher level then you already know the risks and know that your at a disadvantage)

i can still only get the first part to just consitantly and the 3rd just seems odd ill get it once or twice then nothing. i find it easyer to do moves like the GB asura or setuka 1 2 3 series then maxis 6;B;B;B

Is it worth it?

Just looking at the move on paper it seems awful, not worth the risk at all. In fact when I first found out it was inconsistent I was really pissed. Even came here, and started typing a rant (Who the hell decided to put this damn move in the game, did they even test this shit?! They must have just been like "Fuck it, no one is going to be able to do this anyway"etc...) I cooled down though, and decided not to post it.

But, yeah, if want to be generous. Then you could say it, uh, could be worth using sometimes. I mean you don't have anything else that can punish an i17 nearly as well. Plus hardly anyone is familair with the move, and when you end up blocking it your character is locked up for a long time, so I wouldn't be surprised if people thought they were ones at disadvantage. Even the wiki doesn't say how negative it is.

And if everything is going horribly in a match, like you're about to be perfected for the third time. Then you could throw it out, and hope you end up looking cool. Who knows, it might save your dignity one day.

i17 and 50 damage is great, i guess i just fear the missed just, i mean i cannot get the timing for the move, that last hit eludes me everytime its infuriating. and i sware to god on a missed one you just stand there looking like a prick as the enemey looks at you thinking fucking noob actully did the last hit.

the guard crush version is really impressive but most people that i have done it on dont realise its difficultly level anyway.

maybe ill try a little more to 6BBB punnish and hope i get the just timing beter. but it just feels too risky even for maxi and that "too risky even for maxi" scares me i mean how much more risky do you want him to be. he already needs an anti suicide buff next patch.

Dont use 6BBB or 6B: B: B to punish, I mean yeah sure its amazing, but it's time wasted... Maxi needs a new 6B plain and simple... If you're going to punish an i17 then grab, it does the same amount of damage and doesn't require planning...
If they grab break then shoot for a 22*88A (the one that doesn't go into a stance) or a 33A to prevent rushdowns after the break... The best thing I seen Twiggy do is GI, 6A+B etc...

Dont use 6BBB or 6B: B: B to punish, I mean yeah sure its amazing, but it's time wasted... Maxi needs a new 6B plain and simple... If you're going to punish an i17 then grab, it does the same amount of damage and doesn't require planning...
B+G gives you better wakeup to boot.

If they grab break then shoot for a 22*88A (the one that doesn't go into a stance) or a 33A to prevent rushdowns after the break... The best thing I seen Twiggy do is GI, 6A+B etc...
88A is the one that doesn't go into stance. Both that and 33A are kinda risky in that situation. Maxi goes into BT during both so you can eat CH damage if they have a followup that's fairly fast.

Yeah, 22A unless at tip is not very safe. It's sucky that even with the JF 6B:B:B is not good. It's probably because its so hard to do that they didn't really test it very well, just like his B+K BBBBA move. I wish his 6B was his 66B like it was in the old games and he had a different 66B.

IMO, the only JF worth practicing for is B+KBBBA. RC KK:K is easy; and 6BBB is easy to miss and 50 damage isn't that great. Besides, does it hit on crouching enemies?

I really HATE JFs. I like Maxi because there is plenty of room for creativity and learning. The the top tier characters usually just require to practice JFs, and not to think that much. Screw JFs.

Twiggy: I can't blame you for not being comfortable with the move. Messing it up is certainly something to fear. If you really want to practice I'll give you some advice though - Don't think of it as an on hit JF. The timing is close to being on contact but that's really irrelevant. I think it would be easier to just have your opponent downed, and to focus on the input. You should find the second JF is right as Maxi fully extends the second swing, but that depends on your tv.

Zombie: you shouldn't lump the non-JF with the JF. 6BBB actually has some situations where it's useful. You can confirm the the CH, and it doesn't have any whiffing issues I'm aware of.
Example: Some Vader tries to 6BBg A+B you. Shake the stun, and teach that idiot a lesson with 6BBB.

Tactu: I don't like hearing 6B: B: B being likened to B+KBBBA, not even in a slight way like you just did. B+K is a good move for post GI, punishment, and SG damage. Plus it's a lot easier to execute, and it's whiffing problems are easier to deal with.

Edit: Nope, the 2nd, and 3rd hit whiff on crouching opponents, Fhwoarang.

the move is an ok interrupt as long as you only do the third hit when it lands as a standing CH. usually I'd rather use 3B for interrupt purposes but this is 1 frame faster and sorta safer *shrug*

Vader uses 6BbG, A+B... Maxi can do iFC 3AAA_ Throw_ 236K, 2B+KB_ iWR KK_ 6A+B, BL B...
all of that works... oh and 6:B :B :B ~lol... But I get what your saying, and I agree that namco isn't changing his 6BBB anytime soon so it does have some uses while he is stuck with it... But the JF version is a waste until the next patch actually hits and Maxi's 6:B :B :B becomes +20 on grd... (this would garauntee Maxi a 66B4G, a 44AB, "Fury", or another 6:B :B :B)...

Eh, I should have checked that example before I posted it. You don't have enough time to 6BBB, you actually have to duck or TC the A+B. But still that hardly matters, 6BBB is worth the CH fishing. Also 6AAK is only a combo in stuns, on counter only 6AA is guaranteed.

But, yeah, 6B :B :B being +20 on guard would work for me. I've always thought Maxi should have a ridiculously broken move.

Well we know 6A+B works on that Vader thing ~ lol...
I think the +20 on grd would make learning this JF completley worth it, it wouldn't be completely broken, I mean its too
damn difficult to do anyway... This would just make it worth it...
Other than that 6B, THROW or 6B, 3B mixup is best??? All who oppose say nay ~ lol...
Well a change in play for Maxi should include 6AAK being a NCC...

Back