8wayrun's finest Create-A-Soul

TsunamiBye

[14] Master
Pocky Yoshi here. This thread is gonna be the thread where we showcase our favorite and/or best CAS. Why? I want the developers of Namco to be inspired by our best work! Rather than to sit around and be a couch potato, why not get our butts into gear and contribute? You want SCVI to be successful? Let's show it via our creation skills. I have faith that if we at least fine tune our CAS to new heights, we'll shake something up.

That being said, there's going to be strict rules here.

[Notice]1) Post your favorite and best CAS(s). If not, post what was praised as your best work.

2) The CAS you submit will be criticized for it's design. Be crazy to make your CAS stand out. Make sure it gets upgraded to be at least praiseworthy or else it'll be outshined by other CAS artists.

3) Be sure include details on your creation. Provide formula, your design thoughts, etc.

4) Try to be on topic. I don't want see posts that don't contribute to the discussions. They will be removed on sight

5) No sexual abomination CAS. Stuff like giant hot dog between the legs CAS or strip Calibur designs. Have some class for the viewers. Failure to do so, will result in removal without no warning.

6) Treat other people how you want to be treated, or you'll suffer the consequences.

7) No hacked CAS. Keep it legit.[/Notice]

If you have any questions or something you want to add, feel free to leave a message here, PM me, or post on my profile.

To start this off, here's some of my best to start things off

Ami Edgewing (Original)

Design notes: Steampunk lass. Her personality is sassy yet cute steampunk lass next door. Freckles to add cuteness, Leixia weapon styles for girly side, and ZWEI pose for bold side.

Color scheme is based off Tails "Miles" Prower plane and Eggman's recent design.

Story I leave out because it's better to have her design tell the story.

Pics of her

Ami (1).png
Ami (2).png
Ami (3).png
Ami (4).png
Ami (5).png
Ami (6).png
Ami (7).png
Ami (8).png

Luna (Recreation from SC3)

Design notes: Just looked at pic and copied as best I can.

Pics of her
luna-2-png.44059
luna-1-png.44058
luna-3-png.44060
luna-4-png.44061
luna-10-png.44067
luna-6-png.44063
luna-8-png.44065
luna-7-png.44064
luna-9-png.44066
luna-5-png.44062

Last edited:
@Pocky-Yoshi: Ami's a cool design. Interesting how you fashioned a sleeve for her with that cylinder and cog. I, personally, would have left out both the double sleeves, but I get where she's coming from. The paint job on the hat's pretty slick. Very racer/sport-like. The color balance on this one's especially nice, which is one of your fortes. Very cute. Lovin' the Luna too.

@Party Wolf: A noble effort, but damn. Those horns are whack.

I'd post something here, but none of my stuff (pretty animu girls) would fit into the SCV universe. Also, any creation with character DLC is automatically denied, since that'd just be copying Project Soul's designs.

@brucege. DLC being denied I'm kinda on the fence with that. Some people struggle without DLC, but then again some need to be challenged to go without. For now, I think we should allow it just to open up ideas for others.

Dear 8Wayrunners,

I put my heart and soul into this, as i did with every single one of the creations if posted in my main thread.
The main thread is so crowded now that i decided to post this separately, not for bragging rights, not to garner more praise or comments that i have already gotten from all of you.
But maybe, just maybe, as a tribute to my most revered instalments of the franchise, the dreamcast version, and IV and V with their amazing graphics, gameplay, and...create a soul mode !

This is a 13 minute videos featuring all my 350+ CAS, the pace is rather steady, so don't forget you can roll back and pause on a given CAS if you seek inspiration for your own gallery.

I had to browse endlessly through the 119 pages of my main thread to collect all the best pictures, and i still get butterflies when i read some of the comments and discussions we have had over the...years ! From the third person cryptic one liners of Pocky Yoshi to the otherwordly reviews of Le Bello or Brucege, or the other the artistic or emotional alter egos like Matty and Chobek, not to mention all my female fangirls, it was a great great time !

There is nothing new in terms of content, provided you have seen all of them (which would be a feat in itself), but this is hundreds of hours of little creative me crammed into a single vid.

The other reason i do this is that i think this could bring some of the CAS artists i befriended and appreciate (and there are many in this forum) to do the same, post their tube link here, and allow me and all the others to watch their CAS collection video too !!!

I noticed PY's new thread, but can't post this in the "your best CAS" thread because...well...i am french and respect the rules (and use and abuse of DLC) :P

Voilà les amis ! IT IS native 1080p, so change resolution and go into FULLSCREEN if your bandwidth allow...that and crank up the volume for some epic songs.

Free of rights of any kind, except maybe the right to "strike Pocky Yoshi silly" (c) Pocky Yoshi 2012

Last edited:
@Pocky-Yoshi: we should proly merge this thread with yours. Since we agreed to permit DLC. And is there anything I can do to help for your project?
Why yes. I'm gonna need every able active CAS artist help. You can start the PMs, because I got some personal issues to handle. Still, I'm gonna join in at sporadic times.

3'32 : Love that fallout 3esque housewife lady of yours, excellent hair design, never saw that one :)
5'35 The mutton face build is priceless too...never saw this CAS either
And your space channel 5 Ulala is better than mine i guess...

Thanks Vilarcane.

That housewife was actually a recreation challenge for I Love Lucy, lol. Couldn't quite find a hairstyle that's iconic because she changes her look through-out the show, but I'm happy with how the dress turned out.

Glad you like the Ulala, even though I couldn't quite put in all the details I wanted.

So just to clarify, do these have to be brand new? Or Can we just post what we think are our best works?

Additionally, can we also post other people's works? If the point of this thread is to give namco ideas, I think we should be able to share what we think are the best CaS ever made, regardless of author. For instance, I think it'd be neat if someone put together a list of every winner for the Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest and Recreation Challenge threads.

Sounds like a great idea, Norks. Any CaS by you or by others should be fine. Compiling a list of all the winning entries is a bit of a daunting task, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Just put what you think works guys. Keep it clean and classy. It's about putting out anything that may strike them fancy. I may be busy in my life, but I'll drop in from time to time.

Gonna start posting old or new CAS stuff that deserves to be recognized as the CAS people need to be inspired from. Don't be offended if your CAS doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Just prove me wrong on why(provided you follow the rules here) it deserves to be finest CAS.

boar-yoshi-png.44419

mitsu3p_-png.44421

Quinion's take for Yoshimitsu 3p and Mitsurugi's 3P.

Last edited:
Back