8WR MAY PSN D.E. & SWISS TOURNAMENTS - IN PROGRESS

UnseenWombat

[14] Master
Gentlemen, here are the brackets. Please read the instructions in this message. There's some important things here.

http://challonge.com/8wrmaypsn
http://challonge.com/8wrMayPSNSWS

I tried to seed these based on a slightly better knowledge of the community since last month and the results from last month's tourney. There are still people whose relative skill I have no clue about, so if you think you're better than someone who was seeded higher than you, don't be mad, just prove it and next month I'll get it right.

Wow. So many killers this time.

Important instructions:
  1. You may use this thread to schedule your matches with your opponent, or you can do it via PM's, I don't care as long as it's done by the deadline. Due to the large turnout, monkeysphere considerations should lead all of you to conclude that NO MERCY will be shown to those who don't get their matches done by the deadline.
  2. I would rather you sent me a PM with match results than have me sift through all this other stuff in this thread to find them. Please only the winner send the PM (unless the loser has a complaint/comment), and put the results in the subject of the message (i.e., Xeph defeats rAnDoM_DuDe12345, 3-0). No text is necessary unless it's something really important that deserves my attention, (i.e., Xeph used a size 1 female CaS Astaroth with three horizonal thundergod drums and everything covered in the snakeskin pattern). In that case, please put the word "comments" in the subject line.
  3. Please do use this thread though for post match discussion, trolling and trash talk. Because it's entertaining and I don't want to miss any of it, or for anyone else to miss it either.
  4. Also please note that the mighty Fahros refrained from entering this one so he could better serve us by recording and commentating match videos and (for sure this time) streaming the finals. So please send him a PM if you'd like to be famous on Youtube.
  5. If you have finished your first round match and know who your opponent is for the next round, there's no need to wait for the first round deadline to pass to play it. Early is good. I encourage it.
The rules:
  1. No CAS and therefore...​
  2. No Devil Jin​
  3. Dampierre is allowed​
  4. Recolors of standard costumes are okay​
  5. Standard 8WR tournament rules regarding character lock and stage selection​
  6. Double elimination or Swiss​
  7. NEW: All matches are best of 5
  8. Matches must be completed by the deadline.​
  9. If you break rule 8, don't expect to be invited to the next tournament.​
  10. If you can't get it done before the deadline, then you better have a darn good reason, and PM me and your opponent well in advance.​
  11. If your opponent doesn't play by the rules in some way (i.e., they cover themselves in thunder god drums or something), upload the replay and I'll look at it.​
  12. Regarding disconnects: If you have a disconnect and you and your opponent are even on rounds, just redo the match. If you or he are ahead, pick a stage with a ringout and jump out the required number of times. (Yes, this won't recreate the meter conditions, but whatever. It's better than replaying a match where you were up 2 rounds to 0, right?)​
The deadline dates for each round are as follows:
Double Elimination Tournament
Winners round 1: Wednesday, May 23rd
Winners round 2/Losers round 1: Tuesday, May 29th
Winners round 3/Losers round 2: Monday, June 4th
Winners round 4/Losers round 3: Saturday, June 9th Monday, June 11th
Losers round 4: Wednesday, June 13th Friday, June 15th
Losers round 5: Tuesday, June 19th Thursday, June 21st
Finals on stream: Saturday, June 23rd (Tentative, depending on participants' availability).

Swiss Tournament:
Round 1: Wednesday, May 23rd
Round 2: Tuesday, May 29th
Round 3: Monday, June 4th
Round 4: Saturday, June 9th Monday, June 11th
Round 5: Wednesday, June 13th Friday, June 15th

HRD, it's you and me first bro. Are you free this weekend? Fahros, if it's okay with HRD, would you like to commentate?

OH my, I get to try out my new "beast mode" switch on the grand daddy of online tourney TO's. Hell yeah son lets do this. Yall are getting trashed! You cant stop the beast mode swith!

The weekends are usually family day for me. But my kids are both going to disneyland with thier school on saturday. So I might pop up randomly on saturday. Kinda depends on my "Honey Do" list (married guys will know what that is). But yeah man, shoot me a FR, and by all means, make me "Famous" on youtube.....LOL

*must remember to 9B natsu bombos, must remember to 9B natsu bombs!*

sounds fun man. Lets do it!

I plan to run threw my Bracket COME AT ME OOFMATIC. AkazukinChaCha if PSN sucks I would like to offer to complete our Match on XBL since XBL is clearly better. The same goes for anyone else I face that also has the game for the Xbox I shouldn't see any problems with that if it fixes any lag issues.

How will Swiss Tourney Work?
I'll make a thread for it tomorrow. Same thing though, you'll have til a deadline to finish your match then the next round will start. You won't know your opponent til the results are all in though.

Hey man. So i put my foot down as the man of the house and demanded that i devote some time on saturday afternoon, to play my buddy unseenwombat!

After waking up face down on the carpet with a splitting headache, the wife crumbled under my power and caved!

So if it helps i can make sure and be around saturday afternoon for our match. If you got a more specific time. I can make it happen.

Lemme know homes

NDK and I played our set. I managed to win somehow.
I would rather you sent me a PM with match results than have me sift through all this other stuff in this thread to find them. Please put the results in the subject of the message (i.e., Xeph defeats rAnDoM_DuDe12345, 3-0). No text is necessary unless it's something really important that deserves my attention, (i.e., Xeph used a size 1 female CaS Astaroth with three horizonal thundergod drums and everything covered in the snakeskin pattern). In that case, please put the word "comments" in the subject line.

Hey man. So i put my foot down as the man of the house and demanded that i devote some time on saturday afternoon, to play my buddy unseenwombat!

After waking up face down on the carpet with a splitting headache, the wife crumbled under my power and caved!

So if it helps i can make sure and be around saturday afternoon for our match. If you got a more specific time. I can make it happen.

Lemme know homes
haha, that's great. Unfortunately, Saturday afternoon we're going to the Zoo. Saturday evening would be fine, or Sunday afternoon or evening. Or we could just do it Monday.

Back