A blundering CAS thread

BlunderingFool

[08] Mercenary
I'm gonna have a lot of fun with showcasing my characters on here. Game used is Broken Destiny by the way, and if you just wanna copy them into your own game then go to the bottom of each segment, I'd be happy to see them sneaking into other peoples games.

So first up:

A light-medium fighter with tough armour where it counts, as well as armour that doubles as a weapon in places, her quest for vengeance leaves her very deadly and illogical, her judgments warped by her corrupted mind.

My only character made to fit in with the SC universe, her soul contains corrupted justice.

This broken warrior left for battle the day news of her would-be husband's death arrived. After traveling far east she had a surprise meeting with an enigmatic individual whom gave her information on her husbands death, telling he that he had died during an invasion by lizard creatures.

Taking up her husband's sword she marched with a vengeance to the place of his death, meeting a pack of the monsters. A dark power filled the air as she battled with the creatures and despite being bitten many times she pushed the hungry beasts back, scaring off the pack. Their terrible bites had left a 'venom' in her veins however, her seething hate for their kind slowly changing her.

Months later she continues the hunt, having massacred small villages in her search for the lizard-men leader so she might break her curse. Her humanity slipping it is only a matter of time before she becomes one of them. She will take back her name when she is finally free, until then she is Gyik, and her vengeance unstoppable.

Assuming we use the input system from SCIII (Because it's my favorite) and that she'd have two paths, the normal one leading to a final battle with lizardman (Vengeance ending) and the special path a fight with Ivy (Cure ending).

Gyik shows signs of extreme exhaustion while grasping Soul Calibur with an unsteady grasp, staring down Lizardman.
Lizardman gives a shaky roar before charging at Gyik, Gyik runs into a charge as well, screaming.
The screen goes black and a button mash prompt appears top right.

Success: An ambiguous and shadowed male figure flashes on screen for a moment followed by Gyik saying "So you just were like us all along.".
Screen returns to Gyik waking up on her own, groaning as she gets to her feet, Lizardman having vanished.
Gyik looks up at the sky while it begins to rain.
Screen fades to Gyik wearing robes while walking a forest path, her thoughts being heard out loud, "In the end my vengeance could not grant me humanity again, I must continue my search for a cure for my curse... and my sorrows.
Screen fades to black, credits roll.

Failure: Lizardman is heard giving a death-cry while the screen remains black.
Screen cuts to a lizard-woman walking almost upright, looking over a hoard of more evolved lizard-men while contemplating "Humanity took what was mine, we will destroy the rival brood, and then the humans. A new story, a new history is dawning.".

Gyik is shown in Valentine mansion, tossing a blood red stone in the air, a potion brewing before her.
A button prompt appears top-right while the screen fades to black.

Success: Screen cuts to white before fading to a fully cured Gyik, looking over her body with a smile.
Screen fades to Gyik looking over a grave while contemplating out loud. "I know can never forgive me for what I've done. I'm sure you'll be happy though, I've vowed to take up a life of peace and try to right my wrongs. Maybe some day I'll see you again.".

Failure: Screen cuts to the red stone shattering as it hits the floor, Gyik doubling over as she chokes on her potion.
Screen fades out to black and then to Gyik looking over a grave while contemplating out loud. "I know I can never see you again, not like this. I'll continue my search one way or another. The potion has given me time that I can use to continue the hunt, their leader may have the answers I seek."

Slot: Item / Colour

Undergarments: Scaled Suit / 9: 01, 18
Head: Spy Mask / 0: 08, 16
Upper Body: Aculeus Suit / 9: 01, 18
Shoulder: Asura Spaulders / 4: 06, 21
Arm: Raven Gloves / 0: 51, 22
Lower Body: Rouge Trousers / 9: 01, 31
Leg: Hero King's Greaves / 9: 01, 24
Special 1: Lizard's Tail / 9: 01, 18
Special 2: Horns / 0: 11, 17

Hair: Unkempt / 0: 08, 28
Eyebrows: 1: 8, 28
Eyes: 5: 10, 30
Skin: 05, 07
Female Voice 9, Pitch -15
Female Face 4
Soul: Xianghua/Kard

Last edited:
Nicely presented, and an interesting character to boot! The boots seem a little off with the rest of the character, mostly in terms of detailing, but it's nowhere close to making her bad. I like it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any issues/questions regarding the CaS forums, and welcome!

Thank you for the welcome! And unfortunately I did the best I could with the psp version of the game. Running it in an emulator was the easy part, getting my little umd on the computer so I could boot it up was hard (And finger destroying due to the faulty door on my dying psp.). Even with all the little upscaling tricks though the textures can be rather poor or inconsistent at times, I really liked the shape of the boots though so I kept them, they look rather claw like.

I'd like to try making her in 4/5 but don't have ether on hand.

Oh no, the textures are fine, I just meant that the rest of the armour was simple, but the boots themselves were more complex, but yeah I see what you mean on the claws. :)

Oh I understand. Whoops! Also speaking of claws, same reason for those gloves/gauntlets too, they look claw-like which further emphasizes the degenerating nature of the character, and her rising power because of it. Essentially she is becoming more and more monstrous by the day due to her failing character.

Back