A new tertiary... Advice?

Sikkirugi

[08] Mercenary
I was thinking about dropping Nightmare as my third character because I can't seem to get where I want with him on a skill level. Judging from the fact that I like fast, dynamic, and somewhat confusing characters, what would be a good consideration for a new third character?

Both valid suggestions. I used to play Vader before I picked up Nightmare, but evidently according to my friend Aaron he said he was "Banned in tournies" which I didn't believe. I may pick him up again, but Setsuka is a good pick too, she's fast, and she hits hard. Her range is a little less of what I would prefer, but I may work around it. Any further feedback is appreciated.

vader is banned from tournies because he's a console-specific character, like yoda. i suggest learning someone who has a smaller and simpler yet effective movelist, like nightmare or astaroth.

I don't think Nightmare or Astaroth have the quick strikes I'm looking for. I wanna drop Nightmare anyhow because I'm just dreading him and I'm not using him to my potential. Astaroth I think is a pretty predictable character anyhow. I'm having a really good experience using Setsuka, she's fast and she has a great mixup. But the thread is still open to suggestion, I'll try just about anybody.

huh? setsuka's mix ups suck. all she's got is speed and damage. from your op id suggest yun, or dare i say it....talim!

Yeah you've got the wrong idea with Setsuka. Her "mixup" -- which is how we refer to how good a character's mids and lows are -- is not that good because her lows are not that good. Her mids are just insane though. Also, Setsuka has deceptively good range too, 66A, 33B, and 2143b:A have crazy range for how fast they are.

I was thinking about dropping Nightmare as my third character because I can't seem to get where I want with him on a skill level. Judging from the fact that I like fast, dynamic, and somewhat confusing characters, what would be a good consideration for a new third character?

I've recently picked and mained Yun because he's fun to play with.
What I'm saying is, pick the character you feel most comfortable with.
Then see if you and that character get along.
It's your decision, not ours.

I've recently picked and mained Yun because he's fun to play with.
What I'm saying is, pick the character you feel most comfortable with.
Then see if you and that character get along.
It's your decision, not ours.

Yup, just pick a bunch of characters and see which one you like.
Eventually, some character will be the one your looking for.

Well, after a few hours of soul searching (lols), It seems I found a character that I have been comfortable with and have fun with, not to mention he has some of the funniest victory stances and taunts. Looks like my 3rd is Lizardman. Thanks for the help everyone, it really did pay off.

You should try out Algol. He's fun to learn hasnt got really any hard to execute moves and theres some fun stuff u can do with him :D

Back