α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

I didn't have a big problem learning to confirm ch 2363b into 2143b: b since I was learning sets by the end of sc4. A lot of it is anticipation at first and learning how to buffer correctly. I suggest going into training mode, get the combo down then setting counter hit setting to random

Yes, the buffer system in SCV allows you to buffer 66 or 44 inputs in blockstun and have them come out instantly. 44B+K and 2364B+K buffered into recovery frames will always be i14.

For any pad players, do you just slide from A to B for JFT or is using a shoulder button easier? I believe Im sliding as fast as I can but its kinda inconsistent

Edit: Realised I was doing it too slow. My respect for Whoazz gone up ten fold for doing it that consistently on pad

For any pad players, do you just slide from A to B for JFT or is using a shoulder button easier? I believe Im sliding as fast as I can but its kinda inconsistent

Edit: Realised I was doing it too slow. My respect for Whoazz gone up ten fold for doing it that consistently on pad
Agreed. As a player who is scared to do 2A BE into JF twister combos in fear that I might miss it is really a setback and a deterrent to Alpha's game. I hardly ever drop regular twister, But I only get JF like half the time.

The JF Twister is the key one.

Its lile saying 'I hardly ever drop CD 2 but I only get EWGF like half the time.' You need the JF and you need it consistant.

Been practicing JF twister combos, and I've gotten better at double twisters. Still need some work on it though, and getting the last A in the 1A series. Just gotta practice more I guess. The only JF I can almost never get it iagB. Is it similar to Sieg's and NM's iagA where all three inputs must be one frame each and not be held down?

Been practicing JF twister combos, and I've gotten better at double twisters. Still need some work on it though, and getting the last A in the 1A series. Just gotta practice more I guess. The only JF I can almost never get it iagB. Is it similar to Sieg's and NM's iagA where all three inputs must be one frame each and not be held down?
Yes, the exact same I believe. If you play on pad with standard setup you can do square, X, R1 (X, A, RB on Xbox). It works for both iagA and iagB if you do it right. It takes practice for sure but it's cerainly doable. I'm not sure how difficult it is on stick though. It may require some setup where the buttons are arranged linearly so you can just slide over all 3.

The JF Twister is the key one.

Its lile saying 'I hardly ever drop CD 2 but I only get EWGF like half the time.' You need the JF and you need it consistant.
I agree, and I disagree. Alpha is still a very viable character without absolute consistency of JF twister. All it really hurts is 2A BE into JF combos and double twister punish. Both are quite good but not absolutely necessary imo as they are high level techniques. Using twister in combos doesn't decrease the damage by much if it's not JF, and only comes out one frame slower. Trying to punish something like a 2K with Jf twister is very good, but the risk is too high for me to ever reccomend it for anyone.

Craziness works! I had a few drinks last night and my timing was off on 1A JFs. So, for some reason, I started saying "prostitute" and timing my inputs with the beginning of each syllable. I didn't miss any 1A JF's for the rest of the night doing that. Now, I'm curious to know if it works sober too...

I'm changing my controls from

A B K A+B+K
G A G B

to

A B K A+B+K
G B

Because the way I was doing JFT was killing my wrist. So now I can't do agB JF (the second one yes, but not the first one). So how important is agB JF really? I haven't had much chance to land one in serious games.

Well this is my setup on stick:

A B K X
G X X X

And I can still ag:B consistently, just practice it. ag:B is important as a staple in wall combos and it is godlike against Astaroth in general, so I think its necessary myself.

I disagree, against astaroth its absolutely a go to hail mary. I mean what's he gonna do, bullrush me? Or go fpr a throw which only works half the time and still does less damage than if ag:B had landed. Also the move guard crushes like a motherfucker, if you have them flashing red they're done.

Certainly not a shit move, just situational.

Your right on Astaroth lol. If their flashing red then might be worth using but if it doesn't break your eating big damage vs most of the cast. Has a small TC as well but not a move to abuse.

Nice to have civil conversation w/ SC Syn lol.

No you misundertand: if the guage is flashing red (REGARDLESS of how far into red they are) it guard crushes. That's the deal, lol.*

*Let ke double check that in the morning. It was certainly the case prepatch, itshouldn't have changed but I'll check.

Back