A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold...

ok, all set...let us start with the ritual bonus pic for Lorddraco today :

P3Cervy with cigar (would have done it on my Hellboy but hell i didn't have 4 special equ slots ;o

c2aqg51zzkhh4138h.jpg

My version of Aladdin (Leixia style with arabic sword) :

c2aqiudqya31h5xnl.jpg

c2aqj3xtpjohja1sx.jpg

Nighty 4P (more threatening than ever with fiery gaze) :

c2aqkll3aki2d557l.jpg

c2aqlc0cikopc32ch.jpg

c2aqllx1pr3kmt0o1.jpg

Now, since i hate Algol's costumes, i figured i could try making a P3 Pharao-style, flying mid-air it looks menacing) :

c2aqo0e0iev46wyw1.jpg

c2aqnptplrr35avfl.jpg

c2aqn1sn3r9aqh3mp.jpg

c2aqndy4qyxukchb5.jpg

Just tried my Algol in-game...ludicrous to see the end of fight stance where he sits on his throne...pharaoh style lol
And seeing Dragon Natsu (bottom of page 5) land with wings flapping at the beginning of the stage is pretty fun too.

I won't be making vids, too much time and too little interest...still i renamed all the titles so that one knows who fights whom and also gave decent snapshots to all my youtube SC5 vids.
They all look good in my youtube channel, but here on the forum, you don't seem to be able to change resolution to 480p, wonder why ?

If somebody could react to what i wrote at the bottom of page 5 (questions), that would be nice btw, too lazy to search i guess ;o)

But i know i kinda closed my thread, just launched the game for the update, which made me have a go at the creator again to see all the wonders the patch had done to the meat of SC5, just to see nothing had changed (and the cestus store is a big joke for the moment)...whatever !

I like your Aladdin, I see a lot of people make him but they try really hard to strictly make the Disney version...which is really plain/boring.

Pharaoh Algol is cool too, he is so fun to mess with because flying anything looks awesome (Cowboy Algol was my first CAS of SCV, even ;D)

As for your questions, I've wondered that too. I've been looking for a certain pattern and I STILL don't have it in the mid 70s level range, but the only lists I can find are part/sticker/background lists, never a list that includes patterns.

Thanks Draco for comments and answer, i'll have a look at your cowboy Algol, lol

And yeah, patterns offer just as much room for creativity as stickers (match or blend colors, angle, size...), and patterns don't go AWOL on you as soon as you move the analog stick...i hate that ;o)
Patterns add texture and life to the CAS, so that they don't look like toys (the bright colors sometimes ;o)

I go for a realistic look, like when i draw, but i can do some goofy comics stuff like my Obelix bonus pic as well, just a matter of blending in the beautiful stages in the game...so sad that the offline modes are half baked, but hell CPU vs CPU versus mode is great when you just wanna kick back and see your CAS go at it (a bit like watching Spartacus TV show like i do at the moment, glad i did a few gladiators of my own)

Bonus pics :

Ancient mosaic of Anubis (To be or not to be ;o) :

c2ayl4h4pt0pzw9ep.jpg

Cartoon Spartacus :

c2aymewxg71263c81.jpg

Goodnite folks...

I just finished Mass Effect 3, so i thought of paying a little tribute...
I figured i could go for one specific character that does not require space armor, would take advantage of the multilayered costumes, and whose style could replicate biotic powers...and icing on the cake, the seriously malfested voice of the femme fatale sounds just about perfect...(also used dark knight greaves to mimic her parted/two toes feet)

Tali'Zorah nar Rayya (viola style) :

c2bpdmw8dry64sy9s.jpg

c2bpffkna6xlzglmo.jpg

c2bpfv4si4qvrbrsw.jpg

mask off :

c2bpielp4dwiykmf4.jpg

face reveal :

c2bpj6qxe47jxhj7k.jpg

bonus (preparing for biotick attack) :

c2bpgl364innim9og.jpg

Quizz : why the 7 on the chest piece ? what piece of special equipement did i use to do the breathing part of the mask ?

first good answers gets a full formula of the CAS of his choice...comments are welcome too of course ;o)

You used metal flames (the red/orange ones)
No idea about the 7, i'm not a mass effect/sci-fi dude

not sure, but I suppose the 7 is from the ICT designation "N7", the same number on the commander shepard suit

Note: the corret name for the special equipment is Helmet Hornaments: Flames, a Ball for making the visor, and, if the eyes tell me the truth, a Phantom Mask

Edit: nice work to use the motif 44 to make the upper part of the head, it's take a while to make me recognize it; I see you also used the motif 60 fot the mouth and the motif 23 for the face, missed one still, maybe under the previous three or on the back of the head, can't see it -.-.

Edit 2: I'm curious about Tali's face, so I looking over the internet and find it
note: Tali's face is make over Hammasa Kohistani's face, miss England 2005
ingame photo:http://images.wikia.com/masseffect/images/3/39/Taliface.png
the original and the photoshopped one:http://angryjoeshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/85113.jpg?9d7bd4
the ingame video if you're thinking this is a fake ^ ^:
sorry VILARCANE, you didn't even get close XD

Good guess, you are both right
Furako, 95% right, you are only missing one part, the lower part of the helmet, which is the "circle of light" (if i got the name right)

About the face, i went for a more intricate design, but i also had a look and usually, Tali's face is portrayed with a mere double stripe tatoo on a grey shade of skin, which is in the game, but i tried it and in the end wanted to give her a more alien look, especially making the mouth smaller to connect with the breathing contraption in the helmet (logical, hey ?;o)

So you are entitled to either a bonus pic or formula, or nothing if you are just the looker ;o)

oh and furako, when trying to access your gallery, error message, you aware of it ?:sc2ber4:

that's weird, if you try to get in my gallery by clicking the link in my sign, you got the error message, but if you copy the url and paste into a new page it work....mysteries of the internet

Just update the sign with this info ;-)

whatever the method, still get the error message (google chrome)...your CAS are rebelling against their evil master, Bruce Lee style ;o)

c2ch2thvm8367sjir.jpg

CU !

no sweat, will be posting edits of my dragon natsu and tali later, worked on improving a few things...

Vilarcane extends his gratitude to Pocky Yoshi for his infinite combo of "likes your post"
Mummymitsu is also happy, and is willing to share his long-forgotten and rotten formula if sensei requires...

Back