AFK Etiquette Online. (Away From Keyboard/Joypad)

CHIP_STAXMAN

[08] Mercenary
I was playing ranked online when mid-match my cell-phone rang and it was a call I had to take.

I didn't quit and decided to let my opponent have the easy win and left my pad while I talked.

To my amazement, after smashing me around for a few hits my opponent backed off and stood waiting for me to come back - he realised I'd gone AFK. I lost that round due to the clock.

But half way through the next round my call ended and I swung my weapon to show I was back, and we started fighting again.

Ever since that match, if I see any hints my opponent has gone AFK, I back off and wait. I was wondering what you guys do.

i ninja cannon and throw darts on them til they die

well i would if i bothered playing online

I usually stop attacking when the player is not getting up up after a knockdown, because they are obviously afk or their controller is out of battery power. My character has been bugged once and I couldn't get up, and my opponent backed off and then fixed the problem by hitting me into the pillar again.

Well, i dont play ranked anymore, but When I did.... I'd of crushed you and won as fast as I could so I can get on with my life. Not to be "rude"...But because YOU'RE being rude and wasting my time with that nonsense. Some people actually want to play the game with an intelligent person on occassion, we all arnt after easy wins.

Well, i dont play ranked anymore, but When I did.... I'd of crushed you and won as fast as I could so I can get on with my life. Not to be "rude"...But because YOU'RE being rude and wasting my time with that nonsense. Some people actually want to play the game with an intelligent person on occassion, we all arnt after easy wins.

I have no problems if someone crushes me while I'm AFK.

After all, I started the match, so what do I expect?

But if I find someone has waited for me I always appreciate it.

i dont play ranked anymore, but when i play unranked if i end up fighting some1 who i have an awful connection to then ill often just forfeit the match and stop fighting. ill get up, go get a drink, start rolling a cig, whatever, and find that the other guy hasnt killed me yet. so then i have to put down my half-rolled cig and jump around like an idiot until he kills me bc i hate talking to the idiots whos games i always seem to join.

If they aren't attacking or getting up, I assume they had to step away, and wait for them to return. If it happens again in the next round, I'll just try to finish them off as quickly as possible. Not because I'm being an ass and want a cheap win, but because I'm being considerate to the others in the room waiting patiently to play.

I usually hesitate for about 3 seconds. After that, I attack them again.
It generally seems to happen near the end of a round, when I happen to be beating them badly. So I assume that they simply give up for this round and try to save some time.

Although it never happened to me in ranked.

i hit them till i'm in the lead, in case there is a time out
then i back off and see what they do :P

Back