Any ideas for a Soul Calibur spin-off?

What's the problem with that? Soul Blade and SCIII were only on Playstation and Soul Calibur was only on Dreamcast.

Those games did not have 1st or 2nd party guest characters. I don't know why SC3 was exclusive to the PS2. If KI characters were added, it would only be exclusive to Microsoft consoles unless different characters were added to versions on the other consoles.

Those games did not have 1st or 2nd party guest characters. I don't know why SC3 was exclusive to the PS2. If KI characters were added, it would only be exclusive to Microsoft consoles unless different characters were added to versions on the other consoles.
Because the Xbox's lifespan was almost over with the arrival of the Xbox 360, and the GameCube kinda failed, all while the PS2 was selling like hotcakes so they didn't feel the need to put it on the other two consoles.

Because the Xbox's lifespan was almost over with the arrival of the Xbox 360, and the GameCube kinda failed, all while the PS2 was selling like hotcakes so they didn't feel the need to put it on the other two consoles.
Always wondered why Namco Bandai did that.Yeah the ps2 lifespan lasted almost 8 years after SC released. Also SCIII had no Link.

Soul Calibur: We need an excuse to put every damn character in one game.

I would say "Soul Calibur Tag Tournament", but some people are against the idea of Tag-Team in this game.
This is the spinoff I would want the most.

Also, I think Character Creation mode should become a game of its own, where you can make fighting games.

Soul Calibur vs Dynasty warriors a fighting game
This. I always thought that Soul Calibur vs Dynasty Warriors (fighting game) would be an awesome concept. Not to mention that the first Dynasty Warriors was indeed, a fighting game. I can imagine that if Dynasty Warriors stayed a fighting game, it would have been a competitor for Soul Calibur in terms of a weapon based fighter.
But yeah, if I were to pick a possible crossover title, Dynasty Warriors would be my first choice.

I'd also play an adventure/action game with Taki being the main character. She's a demon exterminator so I'm sure she would be on a number of journeys. Heck, perhaps Mitsurugi can make a cameo lol

Soul Calibur Tag Edition would be interesting and I think it could work.

This. I always thought that Soul Calibur vs Dynasty Warriors (fighting game) would be an awesome concept. Not to mention that the first Dynasty Warriors was indeed, a fighting game. I can imagine that if Dynasty Warriors stayed a fighting game, it would have been a competitor for Soul Calibur in terms of a weapon based fighter.
But yeah, if I were to pick a possible crossover title, Dynasty Warriors would be my first choice.

I'd also play an adventure/action game with Taki being the main character. She's a demon exterminator so I'm sure she would be on a number of journeys. Heck, perhaps Mitsurugi can make a cameo lol

Soul Calibur Tag Edition would be interesting and I think it could work.

Yeah. I know DW1 was a fighting game.But saw some comments on YouTube that they're glad Koei changed direction because it was a poor mans Soul Blade because of bad controls. Only played Samurai Warriors 2 and got bored within an hour. Which is why I choose fighting game.

I didn't want it to be a hack n slash I'm not into the genre and there's others with ninjas like Ninja Gaiden.
Action/adventure sounds good.The story can take place in SC1 with Ivy as a boss or between SCiv-v which show how she met Natsu. Also maybe Talim can be there since she can clense people

Yeah. I know DW1 was a fighting game.But saw some comments on YouTube that they're glad Koei changed direction because it was a poor mans Soul Blade because of bad controls. Only played Samurai Warriors 2 and got bored within an hour. Which is why I choose fighting game.

I didn't want it to be a hack n slash I'm not into the genre and there's others with ninjas like Ninja Gaiden.
Action/adventure sounds good.The story can take place in SC1 with Ivy as a boss or between SCiv-v which show how she met Natsu. Also maybe Talim can be there since she can clense people

I'm not saying DW1 was perfect but all I'm saying is had they kept it a fighting game, I'm sure it would have improved greatly. I mean, look at Soul Calibur. Soul Blade had some wonky controls itself and it's come a long way. And I don't know, hack n slash games can get boring for me unless they provide some other elements. Dynasty Warriors gets very boring for me after a few missions.

Ninja Gaiden has other elements to it which make it pretty fun to play so I wouldn't mind seeing a Soul Calibur counterpart with Taki.

Soul Caliba' hack n' slash edition. Basically take Dynasteh warriors 7: Empires except set it in the Soul Calibur universe.

Coming soon to PSfo' and Xbone.

DARK SOUL CALIBUR. You play as a man, wandering through the world, scared and alone, as you encounter beserkers, lizardmen and assassins. Eventually you'll meet Soul Calibur characters and talk to them and stuff... I've never play Dark Souls... It scares me...

Soul Calibur: Revengence. Platinum Games makes an action game starring Seigfried, Ivy, Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Astaroth and Taki. And Seigfried has a "Nightmare mode".

Soul Calibur: Shaolin Monks. As above but using the awesome "why havent they re-released this fucking game or made a sequel or made a spiritual successor" Shaolin Monks engine. Features COOP.

Soul Calibur X Mortal Kombat. Because I want my Ivy and Sindel HBIC chapter. Fuck you. Not really. I love you. But yeah. For some reason I really want MK and SC to have a Vs game.

A Tale of Souls and Swords. Developed by Telltale Games. You play as Seigfried/Nightmare up to the SCIV ending.

I'm not saying DW1 was perfect but all I'm saying is had they kept it a fighting game, I'm sure it would have improved greatly. I mean, look at Soul Calibur. Soul Blade had some wonky controls itself and it's come a long way. And I don't know, hack n slash games can get boring for me unless they provide some other elements. Dynasty Warriors gets very boring for me after a few missions.

Ninja Gaiden has other elements to it which make it pretty fun to play so I wouldn't mind seeing a Soul Calibur counterpart with Taki.

I know especially when I try to get up and Cervantes/Soul Edge stabs me on the ground. I did enjoy God of War and played that several times.

DARK SOUL CALIBUR. You play as a man, wandering through the world, scared and alone, as you encounter beserkers, lizardmen and assassins. Eventually you'll meet Soul Calibur characters and talk to them and stuff... I've never play Dark Souls... It scares me...

Soul Calibur: Revengence. Platinum Games makes an action game starring Seigfried, Ivy, Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Astaroth and Taki. And Seigfried has a "Nightmare mode".

Soul Calibur: Shaolin Monks. As above but using the awesome "why havent they re-released this fucking game or made a sequel or made a spiritual successor" Shaolin Monks engine. Features COOP.

Soul Calibur X Mortal Kombat. Because I want my Ivy and Sindel HBIC chapter. Fuck you. Not really. I love you. But yeah. For some reason I really want MK and SC to have a Vs game.

A Tale of Souls and Swords. Developed by Telltale Games. You play as Seigfried/Nightmare up to the SCIV ending.
The Dark Soul Calibur one sounds fun. It'd be cool to have your character meet the cast of Soul Calibur lol

I'd also play Soul Calibur: Revengence. It sounds like a fun concept assuming the action style gameplay is good lol

Soul Calibur Xiaolin Monks = I can see it now... Starring your favorite pole weirld Kilik and the nunchaku stylist, Maxi. lol

Soul Calibur x Mortal Kombat would be interesting though I don't know how I'd feel seeing a decapitated Ivy lol

SoulCalibur for Kinect: Play a Siegfried and swing his blade by flailing your arms around like an idiot.

Soul Calibur x Mortal Kombat would be interesting though I don't know how I'd feel seeing a decapitated Ivy lol
Being in the Mortal Kombat world is a two-edged sword when fatalities are involved. Sure, maybe you'd have to see characters like Ivy and Talim meet their bitter end occasionally, but they'd also be able to dish it out and pwn some rainbow colored ninjas if they grind out a W. What about characters like Mitsurugi, Algol, Astaroth, Cervantes, and even Taki? Imagine the fatalities they could come up with. Cervantes could have a kind of Aquaman style fatality where he raises a Soul Edge, calls in a tidal wave like Aquaman but instead of a shark eating them, they are crushed to death by his pirate ship Adrian. Taki could use some magic like seen in SC1 or the opening of SC2 to conjure up some ninja BS that makes them explode. Mitsurugi could have a pretty vanilla but yet highly-stylized samurai decapitation ritual. And Yoshimitsu? Imagine he does his Soul Siphon move. But never stops. Until they are just a skeleton.

Also, death by bubbles.

Ivy's fatality is called "Kold Kuts" as Valentine wraps around the opponent, then she yanks away cutting through the opponent in 4-5 places. I've thought about it.

Ehh, I'm more into the whole "story" thing. The idea of a giant sword with flesh and a giant eyeball hanging off it, swallowing souls is just something I think fits in Mortal Kombat. Something within that works.

Zasalamel and Quan Chi being major dicks and playing puppet master with everyone.

Yun Seong X Sheeva relationship... what?

And we all know how Mortal Kombat fans feel about toning down violence. (Turns out they dont like it, Not everyone is the same on it though) Even though I do we are getting super close to Street Fighter Vs Mortal Kombat. Capcom are getting desperate and Ed Boon would do it.

I think a SoulCalibur chess game would be fun. I'm not sure if it would do well as a standalone spinoff. It would probably be a minigame that would be included in the next main game like how Tekken Tag Tournament had a bowling minigame.

The game would have options that would let you choose which characters represent each chess piece. There would also be chess boards based on stages from the main game. When the pieces attack each other the animations would be based on the character's critical edge or critical finish moves.

Back