Arcade Stick

Been trying to do some homework on a good stick. Im digging the Madcatz SF4 TE. Got a couple questions though

#1...Is there a contraption of some kind that enables me to switch from xbox360 to ps3 so I can take it to tourneys

#2..Cant seem to figure out if it has an octagon gate or not, cause Im thinking that would be the best option for me.

#3...can I change that horrible SF4 artwork to something else being that Im not a SF4 fan at all!

I heard of its easy ability to be modded. But it comes with sanwa buttons, good quality stuff.

this is the one Im lookin at http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73049

help me out fellas. Im dyin to get my hands on one!!

HRD

1. Yes its possible to dual-mod your stick and put a ps3 controller inside as well. Takes some soldering/electronics knowledge to do it yourself. There are guides out there on the internet on how to do this, I've never done it myself.

2. The SF4 TE stick is a square gate. You generally shouldn't be touching the edges of the actual gate itself (the switches will activate long before you get to the edges), though it is nice to be able to ram/lock the stick into the lower corners for blocking low in 2D fighters.

3. http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/ for your custom artwork needs. I need to stop being lazy and finish off my Cassandra template someday :)

As for button layout, I just use:
A B K A+B+K+G
G - - -
I can't stand the other bottom 3 buttons having anything in them, find I trigger them by accident all the time. And yes, I have a CF button that I constantly forget to use and end up critical taunting you instead :)

And don't worry about it taking a while to get used to, it was about a month for me before I got back to where I was with a pad. Just be sure to practice doing things from both the 1P and 2P sides of the screen.

HRD i'm damn near 100% with GB Asura from 1 player side and bout 70% from 2 player side on my stick. just use the same method i posted with the regular controller and its easy as pie.

it will take you a good week or so to get the hang of the stick "especially 1, 3, 7, or 9 inputs" but once you do its second nature.

last time we played i was still adjusting to the stick if you couldnt tell :D

HRD i'm damn near 100% with GB Asura from 1 player side and bout 70% from 2 player side on my stick. just use the same method i posted with the regular controller and its easy as pie.

it will take you a good week or so to get the hang of the stick "especially 1, 3, 7, or 9 inputs" but once you do its second nature.

last time we played i was still adjusting to the stick if you couldnt tell :D

I thought it was weird that I was beating the crap out of you, then you just left. Thought you rage quitted on me!! lol

Im gonna try some differentbutton configs to see which ones I like. Im gonna try andur's first and see what happens. I need to get a comfortable button set up so I can start my learning process.

I want that damn GB asura, I dont know what it is but when I got my stick and the 3rd attempt I got it...I was floored...I gotta stop working on GB asura and learn to play again. Its to tempting though!!

HRD

haha yeah i was raging alittle but not at you just cause of missed inputs. honestly dave after awhile you wont even need the binded buttons as it just easier to use the regular 4 button setup.

Ok....I wanna ask a favor....all yall stick users...post up your button configs

heres mine

--|A|B|A+K
--|G|K|--

slide inputs suck...Ima try IFB's version and make so I slide up & down as opposed to left & right....this conversation suddenly got akward, sooooo....post em up people, I wanna see

and maybe a little explanation of why you have it that way!!

HRD

Ok....I wanna ask a favor....all yall stick users...post up your button configs

heres mine

--|A|B|A+K
--|G|K|--

slide inputs suck...Ima try IFB's version and make so I slide up & down as opposed to left & right....this conversation suddenly got akward, sooooo....post em up people, I wanna see

and maybe a little explanation of why you have it that way!!

HRD

Mine are

--|A|-|B|-|K|
--|G|

Thats it... anything else is uncalled for... so i just leave it blank so it doesnt mess me up...
Who needs a CF button? how hard is it to hit all 4 buttons on the stick at once? lol that shits cake

Oh and why I have it that way is because I believe thats how it should be set up
I got serious in SC2 and I lived at the arcades in japan thats how their set up was
so thats what I became acustomed to! IMO this set up works great and this is how
you are supposed to set your stick up... It makes all the JF's easier... The slides are easier as well

You can have 2 buttons set up as A+B+K for just frames and moves that require mashing, like Cervy's FC A+B BBB... guard break. You could then use two fingers and alternate between the two buttons rather than mashing a single button.

This is mine:

[A] [K] [A+B+K]
[G] [ ] [A+B+K] [K+G]

Ya, I have a button for taunt.

You can also buy very inexpensive "plugs" to cover up unwanted buttons too. I only have some many binds for convenience with Ivy (makes her much easier to grasp mentally for me with stance shenanigans, I do the same on pad). Most characters it's easy to just press multiple buttons at once, so binds aren't needed. I think you'll find:

A:B
G:K

do not work out. 99% always opt for:

A : B : K
G

the stick transition has come a long way. Im about 85% back to normal

was messing around trying to figure out a new faceplate and this is what I made

you like??

MadCatzFightStickTE_PanelTemplatecopy.jpg

I did it in like 10 minutes just to see if I could do it....I kinda dig it!!

HRD

Back