Are you playing with pads or joysticks?

Stryker

[10] Knight
Maybe is a question for General, but I really want to know which kind of controllers are you using for play. I was a arcade player 10 years ago, since then I was playing games in PS series who cant be found in an arcade near to me... I get used to play with pads but I never really liked, and for sure I have more respect for players that use arcade sticks...

I get the chance to buy a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3, the stick with better review from SDTEkken, also a free Sanwa Buttons replacements... the price was good (US$112) so I did the shop.

Its a long way before I get used again to play with Joysticks but I think that will improve my gameplay, felling my hands free and unstressed. But I really want to know what kind of controller device you use or prefer to play?

-Stryker-

a korean style arcade stick Fanta stick and buttons.

I used to play with PS2, XBox, GameCube pads, and Arcade stick. But now I'm just happy with my PS3 controller. :)

Custom Byrdo stick, six years old.

Sanwa 'FLASH' optical joystick.
Happ Competition convex buttons with the MAS-layout.

i play on anything as long as it works properly.
Xbox 360 pad is the worse though

I like stiff joysticks, but i haven't got one for this game.

I like stiff joysticks, but i haven't got one for this game.

I`m sorry dude but my perverted mind just had to quote this

anyway I am switching back to pad. I started tekken as a pad player and moved to stick with this game and its been a bad decision ever since.

I actually play on 360 pad. I don't have any problems with the joystick (I don't plan on learning CS/SS anytime soon though). I have :A: mapped to RB for iagA. Otherwise, I go back to claw method for everything else. Switching back and forth between the two probably isn't the most efficient way to play, but w/e; I play pretty much how I want to so I'm satisfied (and so is my wallet). The only other bad thing I could see about it is that I telegraph my intentions when I switch grips XD.

anyway I am switching back to pad. I started tekken as a pad player and moved to stick with this game and its been a bad decision ever since.
Why it was a bad decision? I started to practice every siegfried move in this transition from pads to stick and I have to say that everything its easier... in pads I had to think about use 22_88kA series but in stick is so easy that I'm very surprised... maybe is for the sticks you are using... I read a lot about sticks kinds before get mine, theres sticks that are not very good for play Tekken as the Virtua Stick High Grade but perfect for VF; Then are sticks perfects for SF series like the lastest Madcatz TE, but you can't use in hard matches for SC... I was searching for a the joystick with the better perfomance for tekken so the HRAP is the best option, and I'm really enjoying my time getting used to an stick again with it.

Also sticks like Hori's SC4 are good for SC4 because the "stick" base is hexagonal that is better for 8WR based games... I use this web to have info about http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pad.html, maybe some of this could be useful for you... the only complaint about joysticks is the clicking sound, but also I found a solution, a SANWA buttons with some non click technology...

In this section you could find some info about your problemhttp://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/restrictors.html

-Stryker-

Then are sticks perfects for SF series like the lastest Madcatz TE, but you can't use in hard matches for SC...

I beg to differ sir, the Madcatz TE is my weapon of choice now.

default layout in SFIV terms, LK is G, LP is A, MP is B, HP is K.

And then you have four more buttons for macro/JF-assistance.

I could argue with you over octagonal/square gates, but that's a matter of preference, I suppose.

I use a ps3 dualshock 3 controller. Thing is when playing online with sc4, the buttons dont register all the time. What ends up happening is me doing stupid moves with Siegfried when I press two buttons or just doing nothing and standing there like a jackass. Really though im not sure if its because of lag or a poor controller. I have grown accustomed to it though. It makes for some interesting fights when things go wrong and I have to recover.

stryker- I started playing fighting games with pad so I grew accustom to them whenever I play fighting games, I thought itd be cool to use stick but I just cant do things as good as I can with a pad

hot- I know =p

I read a lot about sticks kinds before get mine, theres sticks that are not very good for play Tekken as the Virtua Stick High Grade but perfect for VF; Then are sticks perfects for SF series like the lastest Madcatz TE, but you can't use in hard matches for SC... I was searching for a the joystick with the better perfomance for tekken so the HRAP is the best option, and I'm really enjoying my time getting used to an stick again with it.

Hey Stryker,

I haven't heard of that before, what says that sticks branded for game releases are better for that particular game?

I know the HRAP3 was re-released as a SFIV stick, so is it a better SFIV stick or Tekken?

Just throwing that out there because I haven't heard of this before.

Hey Stryker,

I haven't heard of that before, what says that sticks branded for game releases are better for that particular game?

I know the HRAP3 was re-released as a SFIV stick, so is it a better SFIV stick or Tekken?

Just throwing that out there because I haven't heard of this before.
It's not a personal opinion, I know a friend who only plays on stick and he even collect all the Hori sticks. He bought a new Madcatz TE and he said to me that he can't play VF5 using it. I was curious then I found a site with info about sticks, its parts, functions, etc, then I found a part called restrictor who can affect the performance of the movement, so I thought that could be something like that the problem...

As I said, maybe I'm wrong or my friend is wrong. Everybody is here to help others to fix their mistakes, so I will make more search for info about.

-Stryker-

Ah, from what I understand, a very large majority of japanese arcade sticks have a square shaped restrictor. Which can be switched out with an octagonal shaped restrictor if you open the stick up.

Dual Shock 3 and learning fighting stick 3, people that play stick impress me cause im exclusive d pad but um try the AS too now

Xbox 360 controller feels comfortable but i just wish my control stick wasn't broken really messes me up when i tried to sidestep because i crouch instead besides it feels faster. But then again I never tried an arcade stick I played marvel vs capcom on the arcade spidey all day

Back