[Arizona] AZ and friends!

the stream was great lastnight. it was neat seeing a good voldo in action. looking forward to tomorrow.

Time to read the Hilde forum then, as I probably won't have any Voldo innovations for you for at least a couple months DrDogg. There's only so much I can do when only half my move list is safe on block.

I watched our matches from last night and I see exactly what I was doing wrong. You adapted well after the winner's finals loss and I wasn't able to adapt to your adjustments. I got some good info though and a noticed a few tools I wasn't using.

What days work best for you for tournaments/gatherings? I know you have school/work. Also, are you up for any west side gatherings?

I watched our matches from last night and I see exactly what I was doing wrong.

Don't even get me started on what I was doing wrong that whole tourney. I was pretty much free to you because not only did I refuse to block any lows out of mixup, but I was playing Viola like the most unsafe ever. So much whiffed stuff I shouldn't have been throwing out. I made her look awful, and I'm gonna try to fix that at the UAT tourney.

I realized I should have tried to have played Natsu against DrDogg (although I doubt it would have mattered much) and O.Pyrrah against Destinizish (and I think this would have mattered more -- I was either missing a lot of punish opportunities or not getting great damage from them. That and being able to step under a lot of orbs would have been really helpful).

Not really happy with my play (yeah let's see how many times I'm going to do AAB on block or drop 4A+B combos with Natsu like a champ), but... that's the point. Stay hungry and get better for when the games actually matter. It was good seeing that many heads out there though; hopefully the community can build on it and keep it up. Seeing SPQR's Voldo in action was hilarious; hopefully you can get some more tech to make it work (although given how Project Soul tends to nerf characters... D: ).

We will be streaming the Soul Calibur tournament at UAT tomorrow (Saturday, 2/11/12). Casuals are scheduled to start at 1PM, tournament starts at 3PM.
Can you pre-register me up for the tournament? It sounds like a weird question, but I'm going to be getting off of work right at 3, and leaving from work for UAT. Should get there at 3:15-3:30; hopefully between the games that have to get played and given how late videogame tournaments tend to naturally run, I'll be able to get there without issue (and if it is an issue, just DQ my ass -- I don't want to hold everything up).

I watched our matches from last night and I see exactly what I was doing wrong. You adapted well after the winner's finals loss and I wasn't able to adapt to your adjustments. I got some good info though and a noticed a few tools I wasn't using.

What days work best for you for tournaments/gatherings? I know you have school/work. Also, are you up for any west side gatherings?

I work Friday through Monday until 5:30 PM, and I have class Tuesday/Thursday from 6 to 9:40, and Wednesday from 7:10 to 9:40. Outside of those times, I'm down to play, if I don't have girlfriend aggro. I'm not concerned about the drive, I don't mind commuting a bit to play.

As far as Voldo goes, I was whoring out BS 66BK a lot. BS 66BK only works if your opponent eats the 66B, the K is mega unsafe on block. So is BS 2A+B, so is CR A+B. I also probably won't be able to abuse A+B[3]~CR BB[3]~CR spam either. You also weren't ducking the K in 66A+BK and that used to be +3 in SC4, I don't know what the frame data is like in 5 but I'm sure it leaves Voldo similarly advantaged.

So basically, my Voldo isn't safe enough yet and I was only getting away with stuff because you guys don't know Voldo. I need to change my play style to use more CR [K], BS B+K, 4BAA, 2[/B] and 2BB, and so forth but it will take a while to be as comfortable with attacking at disadvantage as I was in SC4. BS B+K auto-GIs some moves, BS 2A+B will duck under some mids at the ranges you're typically at, and BS throws auto-sidestep, so he still has the tools to do it, but he is missing his ability to guard out of caliostro rush and his blind stance caliostro rush throws jump the wrong direction, away from the opponent

It's a toned down Voldo that doesn't have the good wakeup pressure game he had in SC4, just a lot of unsafe steppable mids, a lot of which are punishable. His guard crush game is also nerfed from SC4. If I can figure out how to land my combo starters without opponents having a reason to duck though, he'll be fine. It's just going to take me a while to get to that level of play with him. You'll have my number for the next couple of months at least, I don't think my Voldo can adapt to getting damage in as fast as you can learn how to punish my unsafe garbage.

Can you pre-register me up for the tournament? It sounds like a weird question, but I'm going to be getting off of work right at 3, and leaving from work for UAT. Should get there at 3:15-3:30; hopefully between the games that have to get played and given how late videogame tournaments tend to naturally run, I'll be able to get there without issue (and if it is an issue, just DQ my ass -- I don't want to hold everything up).

I can definitely put the word in to let them know you would be coming (sometime between 3:15-3:30) and see if we can stagger your matches when the tourney starts.

I'm not the actual tournament organizer, so it's ultimately up to them; But I don't see any reason why it would be an issue.

I will be training ALL night. Although I'm still a bit pissed I can't get that guide anywhere. Also, first time heading up to UAT. Is there a specific location? Is it a giant, single building?

^its right across the street from a fry's food and drug. just park and head to the back, theres a door there. once you go inside, go upstairs. and look for room 200 +201. Im sure there will be signs on the doors directing you where to go as well

anybody wanna get some games in online? ps3, add me: Makaveli-SRK

Sorry I couldnt make it last night, didnt have a ride. I should be getting a car somewhat soon, so i will be able to travel and hook up some rides.

anybody wanna get some games in online? ps3, add me: Makaveli-SRK

Sorry I couldnt make it last night, didnt have a ride. I should be getting a car somewhat soon, so i will be able to travel and hook up some rides.

Hey Cory, I live on the the West side of town (101 and Thunderbird) as well, you're not too far from us. In the future if you need a ride to Dr. Dogg's for casuals or whatnot, let me know. I can PM you my contact info.

I will also be playing a lot of SC5 this weekend (PS3 = Sao_87, X360 = MarkCamps87), I need to level up a lot and it's been so busy this week I haven't had much time to play.

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at UAT.

two spots left in the room if anyone else wants in

Dogg I sent you an invite but you didn't accept, why u snub us bro? ; ;

It was the weirdest thing. When we ere playing at first, I was on wi-fi. so after my pizza, I reset my cpnnection and hooked it up wired directly to my modem for better play, then zaine showed up, and it all went to shit. So after a while, I went back to wireless and it played fine. I'm gonna reset my router tomorrow and port forward that port for online play.

Munchi, the pink asta was zaine, I was playing cervy, we were taking turns. you werent being trolled by a pink gay asta lol

Back