[Arizona] AZ and friends!

Hello all. New to forum, looking to network with some players. Pretty new to a lot of this stuff, but not the franchise. Would it be alright if I hit some of you up on PSN??

it was nice meeting all you guys today, slighty bummed i went 2-2 ( damn you dr. dogg lol) but yeah good games to all, hoping to play with you guys again soon.

btw my psn is : kyo45 add me so we can play online

it was nice meeting all you guys today, slighty bummed i went 2-2 ( damn you dr. dogg lol) but yeah good games to all, hoping to play with you guys again soon.

btw my psn is : kyo45 add me so we can play online

There were a bunch of misturugis but yours stood out, good shit. I believe I went 2-2 as well, maybe 3-2 can't remember lol. The tourney had a much bigger turn out then I expected, I can't wait to see what our manawerx tourneys look like with SCV + MK players showing up. I leveled up a lot playing today.

Congrats to all of the placers today!

The stream archive for anyone who wants to re-watch it: http://www.justin.tv/thedigitaldojo/videos

I think some of you guys are going too hard on yourselves. Most of you are new to SC, or at least new to competitive SC, and you're winning 2 or 3 matches in a 30-man tournament. Hippo took 5th with his 3-day old ZWEI and he's upset. lol

I'm sure Keith will post results soon, but off the top of my head:

1. DrDogg (Yoshi)
2. Ail Cross (Natsu / Leixia)
3. Makaveli (Cervantes)
4. T-1000???
5. King Hippo (ZWEI)
5. Prime???

Thanks to Euphoria Gaming / Keith for putting this on. I think people would be down for more UAT SC5 tournaments.

Shout outs:

Jimmy: You have a very solid Leixia. If you had been able to stay, I think you would've placed top 3. You definitely need to come out to more gatherings if you can make the time. Text me so I have your number and I'll hit you up the next time we play.

Hippo: Solid showing for how new you are to the game and your character. If you had more match-up experience, I think you would've placed higher.

Ail Cross: Sorry for the Viola and ZWEI, but I had some room to play and I wanted to see where they were at after playing for such a short time. It's unlikely I'll keep Yoshi as my main. Keep practicing though, I think you have a good mind for the game, you just need to play better people to level up faster.

Makaveli: What happened? I was going to knock you out of the tournament, but you didn't make it to me. ;)

Morty: Get your rush down going, work on your wall game, and get your ring out game in place. You're still new to the game, but you're hesitating too much and giving too much respect to people who are on the same level as you. I think you definitely should've placed higher.

Kyo: Your Mitsu was significantly better compared to the session at my place earlier in the week. If you're going to pick up another character, you should still stick with Mitsu as a secondary. He's not easy to win with, but you've made a lot of progress with him.

Detroit: You went 1-2 with never having played SC before and only owning SC5 for a couple days. I think you're well on your way. Transitioning from MK to SC is not easy. They're very different games.

Kira: Your Voldo is really solid given the amount of time you've been playing. You definitely need to play with us more so you can get a better grasp on the game. Very impressive!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see everyone play, but I really hope we get similar turnouts at our next tournament (hopefully within the next two weeks). Almost everyone I saw play had decent fundamentals and we could have a really nice scene if even half the people that showed today stick with the game.

Also, apologies for having to leave so soon after the tournament. I had plans that I was already late for. Next time I'll be able to stay for the T6 tournament and casuals.

Nice showing today guys!

I forgot to put my name in for the tournament (Whoops!) but I had fun watching everyone play and maintaining the stream. Watching the games gave me some good ideas for what I should be working on, hope to compete with all of you soon!

of course, although I think I may have played you already in random ranks... mitsu?
Yup, that was me :) Only been in the AZ for a few years, but been playing a long time. Wish I could have made the tournament, seems like they had a good turnout. How do I find you on PSN?? Oh yeah, new to the PS3 thing too, just got my first one a month back. I'm a little behind the times :(

Gg to everybody I played yesterday. I gotta long way to go with cervy, Ivy used to be my main. I cant do iGDR 100% yet so I wasnt doing any triple iGDR combos yet, but dont worry, they will come. I lack match up experience with most of the cast, Im currently only really exposed to astaroth, I need more match up practice, as these boards seem to be lacking info.

As ironic as it is, the only match up thread in the cervy forums is astaroth, so I need to learn them the hard way. I was just relying on mid/low mix-ups and constant pressure.

Hippo-good match man, I watched the reply and cant believe I came back, you had me one round away from victory. I was trying to find your pattern with zwei, which eventually became to step alot, and go for lows, and lots of A throws. Bryan actually helped even though he didnt know, I overheard him commentating that I should be breaking A and eating B throws, so I did. thanks bryan! tough fight though.

Ali or ailcross? not sure which. gg man, i totally dont know the natsu or lexia fight, and I got rung out againt natsu before I could really learn too much. second time around, I definately felt like I was learning your lexia and what to do a bit, im a bit mad at myself for not learning any wall splat combos, that last round i could have taken it with that gaurd break and I had the meter, but I got a splat off my 3b instead of a launch, and I didnt know any splat combo and lost it. now Im sure you would have went back to natsu if I won that second match, at whioch point i may have been screwed, but gg. i definately wanna run it back when im a little more expereinced I havent touched SC seriously since 2, so I need to get back into a groove.

bryan-your lucky you ducked me. i actually had strats and a plan for our fight. I know your style and what you like to do, and had anti strats for them, but as it stood, they were moot LOL Im coming for you my friend. you got lucky that ali handles your workload, you should buy that man dinner. :p

thanks bryan, like i was saying to king hippo etc, i dont think mitsu is a bad character, he just seems like the type of character to is better suited for a veteran on the game. That in mind if i pick up someone else ill keep him in my back pocket and maybe transition him to my main once i get better at the game.

Dang, the Doctor just destroying... sorry I couldn't come out. Family called. Although, my little brother is going crazy over Siegfried (will have to take him to a tourney, lol)

I also wanted to thank keith and the euphoria guys for putting this together, much thanks, i know alot of hard work goes into these things.

And thanks for the twins for bringing their stream set-up and streaming it, I really appreciate it.

and thanks to the other twins for the match advice ^^

two sets of soul calibur playing twins..both identical...both in one scene....wtf we gonna see a top 4 with both sets of twins? that would be dope.

Im also gonna try and get some games in tonight if anybody is playing.

Jimmy here, I wanted to thank everyone for organizing the tourney and everyone I play, I have fun. It is my first tournament. I am always on call (since I work 7 days a week) so I couldn't stay for the tourney. I at lease get to play the first round of the tourney which I am glad that it is with DrDogg who got me good with his yoshi. Wish I could stay and get some more of the tournament experience in (I was pretty nerves missing a lot of thing I shouldn't be missing even in casual).

I'm sad I couldn't come today, sounds like it was a blast. DrDogg ditching Yoshimitsu? You can't, how else am I supposed to get Yoshi practice? You better pick up Maxi.

I'm really bad about giving shoutouts, but I'm just glad to see the number of people who came out, and to Euphoric Gaming for running the event in the first place and the Digital Dojo guys for dealing with my awful commentary. -_-

I'm 3 for 3 for getting lit up by DrDogg in tournament so far... maybe I should do something about that. :V

Hope everybody had a fun tourney at UAT this Saturday! Pretty sad I couldn't make it, as I got off work but only because I was also pretty damn sick. If the thread keeps updated on upcoming events though, I'd be psyched to come out and practice whenever I can. Shout outs to everyone who made it to the Thursday gathering as well, and our gracious hosts for letting us crowd the place :p.

Ezio has gotten so boring to me ><. I'm really thinking about switching up to Maxi or Hilde, but they seem way overly complicated. Especially to someone like me that really sucks at soul calibur atm.

I haven't played Hilde in SC5 but in 4 she really wasn't that complicated. If you have a stick you'd be fine with her.

armando (angelic) came over to play today. I think i really learned how i should be playing pyrra. because i would try to space and shit. Now i know i just need to stay close and poke. Also us 3B. Its such a good move, as is 4K it beats so many things.

Back