[Arizona] AZ and friends!

As good as SCV online is, the more I play it, the more I dislike it. I keep losing to low attacks that I could easily block on reaction... and it's frustrating. >:|

As good as SCV online is, the more I play it, the more I dislike it. I keep losing to low attacks that I could easily block on reaction... and it's frustrating. >:|

Playing online can be fun, but I think you might have too much of a smack-talking community in mind. Most of the SC players I know don't really care to talk big after winning online, and I know tucson has had an "Online is BS" motto for years, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Plus can always just switch and play Yoshi, do to dem guys what they been doin to you!

Also, wednesday is kinda meh. Work thursday, so a late starting tourney means finishing 12-1, get back to tucson 2-3, die at work the next day :< If I came up for one I'd prolly just stay at Mikes or Pauls, but then I'd have to take the next day off. Maybe I'll make one in the next few weeks, we'll see.

Also, the new step guard is pretty sad. I'm sure they could keep the game alive if they left it in (devolve into a mid/low/unblockable or guardbreak mixup) but hopefully they'll patch things up. I gotta be honest though, I don't really see a fix for this. The step~A/B/K~G thing can't really be turned off without adjusting either A/B/K~G or the options available to you out of step. Although to be fair I haven't looked up too much on it, but maybe they could adjust the way that step canceling into moves works? Maybe I'm confused, are they doing step~8WRA~G? If so maybe they could put the hammer down on 8WRA~G cancels and just make them uncancellable. Who knows?

I can say though, if it stays in, this game will probably devolve into a turtlefest, and I'll end up dropping it (Not that I'm anyone, lol)

Playing online can be fun, but I think you might have too much of a smack-talking community in mind. Most of the SC players I know don't really care to talk big after winning online, and I know tucson has had an "Online is BS" motto for years, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Plus can always just switch and play Yoshi, do to dem guys what they been doin to you!

Online is fun when people aren't playing to win by spamming online tactics, which is what was happening last night. I use online to get character experience and work on my secondary characters. Not to eat slow low attacks all day long.

It's not about anyone talking big after winning online, they can't do that and I wouldn't care if they did. It's the fact that I don't play online just to play. There's no benefit to me joining a large room, waiting 15 minutes for my turn, only to get beat by i25 low attacks and sent back to the end of the line. It also doesn't do me any good to play Yoshi and spam lows on them.

I don't care if I win online matches or not, but if I can't get at least moderately decent practice playing online, there's no reason to do it.

I can come to the biweeklies, but my class gets out at 9:40, then it's a 40 minute drive over there to ManaWerx. So I wouldn't be there until 10:30. Any chance I could start out with a couple bye's or in the loser's bracket if I came to these?

I can come to the biweeklies, but my class gets out at 9:40, then it's a 40 minute drive over there to ManaWerx. So I wouldn't be there until 10:30. Any chance I could start out with a couple bye's or in the loser's bracket if I came to these?

Probably depends on how many people show. If we get a 16-man bracket, that's roughly 14 matches before we would have to put you in loser's to continue with the tournament. At about 5 minutes per match, that's an hour and ten minutes.

You have my number right? I'd just send me a text when you get out of class and I can let you know where we're at in the tournament. If we have enough entrants it won't be an issue.

I will be trying to make the tournament, but I have class early Thursday morning so it all depends on if I feel like I can afford less sleep than usual.

Online is fun when people aren't playing to win by spamming online tactics, which is what was happening last night. I use online to get character experience and work on my secondary characters. Not to eat slow low attacks all day long.

It's not about anyone talking big after winning online, they can't do that and I wouldn't care if they did. It's the fact that I don't play online just to play. There's no benefit to me joining a large room, waiting 15 minutes for my turn, only to get beat by i25 low attacks and sent back to the end of the line. It also doesn't do me any good to play Yoshi and spam lows on them.

I don't care if I win online matches or not, but if I can't get at least moderately decent practice playing online, there's no reason to do it.

Well... I got a little curious after you mentioned i25, so I looked a few things up. Wolf's fastest low that he was using was 17, which is pretty quick, from the 2KB. I could understand if he was spamming that one, but I didn't see him use it very often. If you're talking about ninja bombs, they're 30, and no one has really had trouble blocking them.

I think you're just too used to having that little extra thinking time that offline would provide. Anytime I play someone sharp and on their game I have to use much craftier tactics, which most of the time means not using any lows at all @.@; Mike is on the ball with it, and if I hit him with one it's mad rare @.@;

Whoa, I'm almost defending online, haha. Either way, you shouldn't be that salty about it. I like the online because I'm lazy and get to see cool shit. If you don't... don't accept nigga shit, lol. If you think you can't learn anything from it? Well... I think you're watching wrong, but that's me, lol

Anyway, ggs to everyone who played a little last night, lol

Since when has Dr Dogg been able to block lows offline?
And Jeremy, why you not texting me when you're meeting up to play? I'm usually busy, but not always. Bitch.

Just fucking with you.

Well... I got a little curious after you mentioned i25, so I looked a few things up. Wolf's fastest low that he was using was 17, which is pretty quick, from the 2KB. I could understand if he was spamming that one, but I didn't see him use it very often. If you're talking about ninja bombs, they're 30, and no one has really had trouble blocking them.

I think you're just too used to having that little extra thinking time that offline would provide. Anytime I play someone sharp and on their game I have to use much craftier tactics, which most of the time means not using any lows at all @.@; Mike is on the ball with it, and if I hit him with one it's mad rare @.@;

Whoa, I'm almost defending online, haha. Either way, you shouldn't be that salty about it. I like the online because I'm lazy and get to see cool shit. If you don't... don't accept nigga shit, lol. If you think you can't learn anything from it? Well... I think you're watching wrong, but that's me, lol

Anyway, ggs to everyone who played a little last night, lol

I'm not talking about 2KB, I was talking about 1A and Natsu's bombs.

Also, I can be as salty as I want, this is a message board. I don't play online for bad practice and that's exactly what it was. You can't deny that. I play online for the match experience I can put toward tournaments, and that's not what I was getting last night.

I just expected better play from your room. In the future I'll know better. It's not a big deal.

I'm not talking about 2KB, I was talking about 1A and Natsu's bombs.

Also, I can be as salty as I want, this is a message board. I don't play online for bad practice and that's exactly what it was. You can't deny that. I play online for the match experience I can put toward tournaments, and that's not what I was getting last night.

I just expected better play from your room. In the future I'll know better. It's not a big deal.

lol, talk all the passive aggressive shit you want, other folks block the lows and you don't. I don't know what to tell you. You lost online, it happens BECAUSE it's online, but it's just that. And if you can't find a use for the time then you're doing it wrong. Labeling it bad practice just because you have trouble with it isn't going to change anything.

Also, I guess I expected better from you :/

ANYWAY! <3 faka

Scott I don't text because I barely play, lol. Been catching up on hella 1P games and getting ready for a trip to cali. I'm goin to disneyland! XD

lol, talk all the passive aggressive shit you want, other folks block the lows and you don't. I don't know what to tell you. You lost online, it happens BECAUSE it's online, but it's just that. And if you can't find a use for the time then you're doing it wrong. Labeling it bad practice just because you have trouble with it isn't going to change anything.

Also, I guess I expected better from you :/

You're still missing the point. I don't care that I lost. I was using my secondary 90% of the time. I expect to lose. I was displeased because I don't need practice against online tactics. When I play online, I generally play against people I know in order to avoid online tactics.

I don't even know how you can defend it. You spammed lows that are easily blocked offline. That's not good practice.

You're still missing the point. I don't care that I lost. I was using my secondary 90% of the time. I expect to lose. I was displeased because I don't need practice against online tactics. When I play online, I generally play against people I know in order to avoid online tactics.

I don't even know how you can defend it. You spammed lows that are easily blocked offline. That's not good practice.

Oh so you're salty about losing to me? Because you can't block ninja bombs that everyone else can?

I guess that's fine, you can be salty at me all you want, I thought you were upset about wolf. I think he did pretty well. As for me, I try specific shit when I play online. Most of the time I'm attempting to practice setups or test what you can punish what with. If you can't block 1A though... idk man, you just suck, lol. Move is telegraphed like 9 days ahead of time, haha

And before you get all uppity about offline!!!!!!! I'll totally play you offline, but if I hit you with 1A I'm standing up and leaving immediately, taking your dignity with me! <3

I think i remember a similar thread on TZ...

Anyways, games at my house tomorrow. I live on mountain and glenn, mile or so north of the U of A. hoping to get going around 7 until the wife comes home, which probably won't be until about midnight. Only got one setup, which is Xbox. We might be able to get a second one going if someone brings one, but i don't have a lot of room in my house. If you want to drink, BYOB. You're not touching my Coors.

To anyone I haven't met, you're welcome to come as long as you don't act like a jackass. Oh, and you must be able to put up with my dogs.

Anyways, games at my house tomorrow. I live on mountain and glenn, mile or so north of the U of A. hoping to get going around 7 until the wife comes home, which probably won't be until about midnight. Only got one setup, which is Xbox. We might be able to get a second one going if someone brings one, but i don't have a lot of room in my house. If you want to drink, BYOB. You're not touching my Coors.

To anyone I haven't met, you're welcome to come as long as you don't act like a jackass. Oh, and you must be able to put up with my dogs.
That's actually really close to me. I'm busy tomorrow night (rap show downtown), but keep me posted for next time.

I can make it, I can bring a ps3 set up, if not do you have 2 sticks? finally can you msg me the address if you dont mind me showing up.

I can make it, I can bring a ps3 set up, if not do you have 2 sticks? finally can you msg me the address if you dont mind me showing up.

You're in Glendale aren't you? Not sure if you know this, but ChinNuts is in Tucson, which is roughly 2 hours away from Glendale. Not saying you shouldn't go, just thought you might not know the distance involved since you're new to AZ.

I'll be at the same show steve is at, haha

Back